Women's March on Denver Records
Collection contains materials collected after the Women's March on Denver January 21, 2017, January 20, 2018 and January 19, 2019. Items include protest posters, digital images, and ephemera such as "pussy" hats, stickers, prohibition sash, artwork, and a button. In 2019, marchers were encouraged to share their story at the event. 56 handwritten stories were collected.
- Women's March on Denver (Denver, Colo.) (Organization)
Language of Materials
English, Spanish, Arabic, Latin.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
The Women's March was a national demonstration held on January 21st 2017, the day after President Donald J. Trump's Inauguration. The mission of the Women's March "is to harness the political power of diverse women and their communities to create transformative social change" (https://www.womensmarch.com/mission.) In Denver, the March began and ended in Civic Center Park. It is estimated that over 100,000 people were in attendance. The second Women's March on Denver was held on January 20th, 2018. The theme of the nationwide rallies was "March to the Polls" while the Denver theme was "Hear My Truth!" The third Womxn's March on Denver was held on January 19, 2019. The theme of the Denver march was "Listen. Unite. Act." The X was replaced in the word Women to support trans, non-binary and genderqueer persons in the community.
7 oversize folders
2 oversize boxes
5 oversize folios
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Various donors, January-February 2017, January 2018, January 2019; Kathleen Cain, July 2018.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
- Civil rights demonstrations -- Colorado -- Denver. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Digital images Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ephemera Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Posters. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Women's March on Denver -- (2017 : Denver, Colo.) -- Archives.
- Women's March on Denver -- (2018 : Denver, Colo.) -- Archives.
- Women's rights -- Colorado -- Denver -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script