American Association of University Women of Colorado Records
- American Association of University Women of Colorado. (Organization)
- AAUW Colorado (Organization)
Conditions Governing Use
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
The Colorado Branch of the Association of Collegiate Alumnae (ACA) was founded in 1898 to encourage women to further their education by enrolling in colleges and universities. When the ACA merged with the Southern Association of College Women to form the American Association of University Women in 1921, the Colorado Branch was renamed the Denver Branch. Between 1915 and 1981, 43 additional branches were established statewide, forming the Colorado Division. In 1991, the Colorado Division was renamed the American Association of University Women of Colorado, and the term “Division” was dropped. In 2015, the national organization shortened its name from American Association of University Women to AAUW, and thus, the American Association of University Women of Colorado became AAUW Colorado. Throughout its history, AAUW has worked to advance equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy and research. Members continue to be actively involved in education, social, economic and political issues.
1 oversize box
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Rosemary Evetts, Auraria Library, 2015; Betsy Loague, 2016, 2017; Laurel Seppala-Etra, 2019.
- AAUW Colorado -- Archives
- Administrative records. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- American Association of University Women of Colorado -- Archives.
- American Association of University Women. Colorado Division -- Archives.
- American Association of University Women. Denver Branch -- Archives.
- Association of Collegiate Alumnae -- Archives.
- Financial records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Women -- Education -- Colorado -- Societies and clubs. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States