Parents, Families, and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG) Records
Scope and Contents
Collection contains organizational files and promotional materials: correspondence, brochures, lists, clippings, newsletters, fund raising materials, minutes, programs, handouts, awards, photographs, ephemera.
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Parents and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG) was founded in 1973 in New York City, N.Y. One of the founding members, Betty Fairchild, moved to Denver in 1976 and after a few years of meetings, the Denver Chapter of PFLAG was incorporated as a non-profit organization in 1980. The national organization susequently changed its name to: Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays. In 2014 the membership of the organization voted to officially change the name to PFLAG to reflect the decades of fully inclusive work it had been doing in the LGBTQ community.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Dustin L. Krier, 2018.
Collection acquired through the Colorado LGBT History Project sponsored by the GLBT Community Center of Colorado.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: Colorado LGBT History Project.
- Gay activists -- Colorado -- Denver -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Gay rights -- Colorado -- Denver -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Organization files Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Parents of gays -- Colorado -- Denver -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Printed ephemera Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Parents, Families, and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG) Records
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script