Albert Byron Sanford Letters
Scope and Contents
Letter (1935) to Denver Mayor Benj. F. Stapleton gives background about ferrying conditions on South Platte River as a Denver election issue in 1865. Also portion of a letter (1924?) to unidentified recipient concerns Colorado pioneer John McBroom and visitors to his cabin at the mouth of Bear Creek above Denver.
- Check date
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colo.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Colorado pioneer, mining assayer, curator with State Historical Society.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Mrs. M.B. Robinson,gift,McBroom letter.
- Ferries -- Colorado -- Denver. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Letters (Correspondence) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pioneers -- Colorado. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- South Platte River (Colo. and Neb.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Letters,[1924?], 1935[manuscript]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States