Frank W. Tupper Scrapbooks
Scope and Contents
Collection contains 2 scrapbooks with memorabilia from the childhood and adolescence of Frank Tupper: 1. "Fun book" (1892-1896) was used by the Tupper boys and their friends to record observations, ideas, sketches, games, collected ephemera, etc. -- 2. Frank Tupper scrapbook (1889-1896) with business cards, programs, dance cards, tickets, membership cards, ephemera, school records, sketches, correspondence, clippings. Additional items include materials related to local cycling clubs in Denver, Colo. during the 1890s: clippings, ephemera, lists, programs.
- Tupper, Francis W., Jr., 1876-1950 (Person)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
1 box (.25 linear feet)
1 oversize folio
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchase, David L. Jarrett, 1976.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Cycling -- Colorado -- Denver -- 19th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- High school students -- Colorado -- Denver -- 19th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Printed ephemera Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Tupper, Francis W., Jr., 1876-1950 -- Archives
- Finding Aid for the Frank W. Tupper Scrapbooks
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script