Glenn Titus Film Collection
Scope and Contents
Collection contains 16mm footage taken by Titus of the South Dakota Black Footed Ferret used for Program 24 of the series: The Science Game; including work print, negative, original footage, color master, notes and U-matic copy. Also included is a copy of the 16mm: Kit Fox by Henry Wishers.
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Glenn Titus honed his skills on a typewriter and with still and motion-picture cameras before taking a job as a cinematographer and still photographer with the South Dakota Game, Fish and Parks Department. Titus is well known for taking film footage of rare South Dakota black-footed ferrets. Titus moved on to lead the information-education division with the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation in 1964. A few years later he left the job to become the outdoor editor with Oklahoma City’s Daily Oklahoman, where he gave outdoorsmen a prominent voice in sports coverage and kept them abreast of the tangled politics surrounding wildlife management in the state. He went on to spend much of his career as a freelance writer and editor. In 2018 he lives in Troy, Montana.
2 audiovisual boxes
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Glenn Titus, 2018
Everything is in good condition.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
- 16mm (photographic film size) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Documentary film Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Endangered species -- West (U.S.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ferret -- South Dakota Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Kit fox -- West (U.S.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Notes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- U-matic Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script