Robert W. Yank Papers
Military documents, Bronze Star citation, ephemera and newspaper clippings collected by Yank
- Yank, Robert W.,1924-2012 (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Robert Yank was born May 14, 1924 in Shasta, California. He enlisted in the Army at Berkeley, California, on December 15, 1942. At the time of his enlistment he had completed one year of college and was single, without dependents. He joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colorado, and was assigned to Company D of the 86th Infantry Regiment. He later served in Company I of the 86th and Company K of the 85th Infantry Regiment. He was sent to Camp Swift, Texas, and then to Italy. While engaged in combat operations against German forces occupying Italy, he was awarded the Bronze Star medal for his actions at Monteforte on March 8, 1945. He had attained the rank of Technical Sergeant.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, George Engle, 2019.
Items show normal wear and coloring from age.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ephemera (general object genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Postcards. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States --Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th.
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th. -- Archival resources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, Austrian. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Robert W. Yank Papers
- Keli Schmid
- April 30, 2019
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script