Thomas Stevenson McMurray
Scope and Contents
Collection contains photographs, scrapbooks, newspaper clippings, resolutions, and microfilm
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Thomas McMurray (1855-1918) born and raised in Philadelphia. He served as Denver’s mayor for two consecutive terms, from 1895-1899.
1 oversize folders
1 microfilm reels (35mm)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, W. Marshall Schmidt, 1983, 1999, 2019
Everything is in good condition.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Mayors -- Colorado -- Denver. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- McMurray, Thomas Stephenson, 1855-1918 -- Archives
- Microfilms Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script