10th Mountain Division Clippings/Book Excerpts Collection
Scope and Contents
Collection contains newspaper clippings and excerpts taken from books.
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
The 10th Mountain Division, a full division of the United States Army, specializing in mountain and winter warfare, trained at Camp Hale, Colorado, during World War II. Experienced in skiing, mountaineering and cold-weather survival as well as military tactics, the soldiers fought enemy forces in the Italian Campaign of 1945. Dubbed the "ski troops" by the press, the 10th Mountain Division remains the only military division recruited by a civilian organization, the National Ski Patrol. Many 10th veterans contributed greatly to the development of the recreational ski industry in the United States and to the growth of related fields such as outdoor equipment development and nature conservation.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, unkown donor(s), unknown date(s).
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Press coverage Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- Press coverage Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions -- Press coverage Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ski troops -- Press coverage Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- Press coverage -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Press coverage Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- 10th Mountain Division Clippings/Book Excerpts Collection
- Keli Schmid
- August 26, 2019
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States