George F. Flavell Diary
Scope and Contents
Collection contains a transcript of a diary documenting a boat trip from Green River, Wyo., down the Green and Colorado rivers, through Grand Canyon to Yuma, Ariz.
- August 27, 1896 - June 8, 1897
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
1 envelope(s) (29 pages)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Unknown donor; no date.
Carbon copy of typed transcript by Otis Marston 1953. Repository of original unknown.
- Boats and boating -- West (U.S.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Colorado River (Colo.-Mexico) -- Description and travel. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Diaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Grand Canyon (Ariz.) -- Description and travel. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Green River (Wyo.-Utah) -- Description and travel. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Journies Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Transcripts Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Finding Aid for the George F. Flavell Diary.
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script