Robert Donald Hansen Papers
Collection contains military records, booklets and insignia, correspondence to and from family members, and photographs from training and time spent in Italy.
- 1940-1945, 1980
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Robert Donald Hansen was born on December 5, 1917 to William Martinus Hansen (1869-1918) and Mary Helen (Montgomery). He registered for the draft on October 16, 1940, but was not was called up for active service until November 24, 1942. At that time, Hansen was working for the Chicago, Burlington and Quincy Railroad. He first trained at Camp Cooke, California and later joined the 10th Mountain Divison at Camp Hale, Colorado. Hansen served with the 86th Infantry Regiment, Company B, and attained the rank of Technician 5th Grade. He died in Denver, Colo. on July 21, 2009.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Bret Richard Hansen; 2020.
Items are in good condition.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Letters (correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Military records Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources.
- United States. ǂb Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Robert Donald Hansen Papers
- Keli Schmid
- January 6, 2020
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script