Abbie Kealy Papers
Collection contains interviews, original WWII footage, and photographs used in creating the documentary The Last Ridge
- Kealy, Abbie, 1955- (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The imply Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Abbie Kealy was born December 12, 1955. A 10th Mountain Division descendant, Kealy’s uncle, Stuart Abbott, was killed in action during the battle for Mount Gorgolesco on February 20, 1945. Kealy has nearly 30 years of experience writing and producing world-class television and Fortune 100 corporate training projects for PBS, Boeing, the U.S. Army, 2006 Olympics, and advanced learning communities like The Teaching Company’s Great Courses series. Her portfolio of work genres include medicine, economics, education and history. Specialties include booking high profile talent (Masterpiece Theater), creating compelling programs to personalize hard-to-visualize subjects (U.S. Army Chemical Weapons Treaty compliance), an embed in Afghanistan for PBS, and extensive on-location experience in Italy, France, England, as well as the U.S. With deep connections to experts in world-class universities, Kealy currently serves as a board member on several national non-profit organizations. Awards for broadcast and corporate productions include an Emmy, a Telly and the Cine Golden Eagle awards for various broadcast and U.S. government projects. Kealy earned her B.A. degree in Communication Arts from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
2 audiovisual boxes
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Abbie Kealy; 2014.
- Digital moving images formats Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Kealy, Abbie, 1951 - -- Archives
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc.
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- United States -- Army -- Mountain Division, 10th Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- History.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Photographs. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Regimental histories -- Mountain Division, 10th -- United States. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Soldiers. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Training. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Abbie Kealy Papers
- Keli Schmid
- September 11, 2020
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script