Mary Jean Strangfeld Davis Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains scrapbooks compiled by Davis documenting the history of Crested Butte and Gunnison, Colo.; included are obituaries for people living in the area.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Mary Jean Strangfeld was born in 1925. She was seven years old when her family moved to Crested Butte. When she was 16 years old her family relocated to Denver where she eventually graduated from East High School. Mary Jean Davis died in 2014.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Kathleen Andurlakis, 2017. In Memory of Mary Jean Strangfeld Davis, June 12, 1925 to February 11, 2014.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
- Albums (books) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Country life -- Colorado -- Gunnison County -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Crested Butte (Colo.) -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Gunnison (Colo.) -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Obituaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script