Robert E. Curtin Papers
Letters from and a photograph of, Robert Curtin
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The imply Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Robert Edward "Fog" Curtin was born on May 1, 1922 in Cleveland, Ohio and enlisted in the Army at Columbus, Ohio on June 23, 1942. He later went to officer's candidate school in Fort Sill, Oklahoma where he was commissioned a 2nd Lieutenant on April 8, 1944. In 1945, Curtin joined the 10th Mountain Division in Italy as an officer with Battery C of the 616th Field Artillery Battalion. He later attained the rank of 1st Lieutenant before being dischared on May 4, 1946. Curtin died on August 18, 2001 in Columbus, Ohio.
1 box (.25 linear feet)
3.80 Gigabytes (21 digital files)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Matt Curtin; 2016, 2021.
Letters are worn but in fair condition
10th Mountain Division Reunion at Camp Hale.mp4 is located in I:\Western History and Genealogy\6th floor\Digital AIPs\TMD collections\TMD346 Robert E Curtin Papers
Repository also has: Robert E. Curtin oral history (OH461).
- Armies -- United States -- Officers -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Curtin, Robert E. (Robert Edward), 1922-2001 -- Archives
- Files (digital files) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- JPEG Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- MP4 Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- PDF Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources.
- United States. Army. Field Artillery Battalion (Pack), 616th -- Archival resources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Robert E. Curtin Papers
- Keli Schmid
- August 6, 2021
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States