Union Station Construction Photograph Collection
Scope and Contents
Collection includes 169 silver gelatin photographic prints contained in one photograph album. The album contains photographs dating mostly between 1912 to 1915, with a few images believed to date from around 1916 and 1918. The album primarily depicts the building of the central portion of Denver's Union Station in 1914 and 1915, as well as the construction of cantilever-style umbrella sheds and passenger tunnels. Also documented in the album is a 1913 Knights of Templar parade in Pueblo, Colorado. Other photographs in the album depict travels and gatherings across Colorado, including Manitou Springs, Garden of the Gods, Palmer Lake, Kenosha Pass, Boreas Pass, and Breckenridge. A few unidentified family photographs are set in Rapid City, South Dakota. Images of overturned Denver, Boulder, and Western passenger cars at Salina, Colorado, on July 4, 1915, were attributed to Herbert D. Hamilton, 3111 Race Street, in a July 6, 1915, Rocky Mountain News article.
- 1912-1915, circa 1916, 1918
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
1 photo boxes
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchase; Back of Beyond Books, Moab, Utah; 2021.
- Black-and-white photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Colorado -- Description and travel -- Photographs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Parades -- Colorado -- Pueblo -- Photographs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photograph albums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographic prints. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Railroad Stations -- Colorado -- Denver -- Photographs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Railroad accidents -- Colorado -- Photographs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description