Davis Hanson Waite Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains documents concerning the suppression of gambling in Colo. Included are a letter to newspaperman, William Stapleton about the Populist Party, drafts of a resolution and an executive order on enforcing current gambling laws and a newspaper statement discussing the role of churches in politics.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Davis Hanson Waite (April 9, 1825-November 27, 1901) was an American politician. He was a member of the Populist Party, and served as the eighth Governor of Colorado (1893 to 1895).
1 envelope (4 items)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Church and state -- Colorado. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Colorado -- Politics and government -- 1876-1950. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Gambling -- Colorado. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Letters (correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Populism -- Colorado. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Davis Hanson Waite Papers
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script