John Romagnano Papers
Black and white photographs (three are colorized) of, or taken by, John Romagnano. Four photographs were taken when John was in the hospital at Camp Hale.
- Romagnano, John, 1917-2010 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
John "Johnnie" Romagnano was born on April 16, 1917 to Silvio and Virginia Romagnano in Linden, New Jersey. He registered for the United States drift on October 16, 1940 and enlisted on July 9, 1942. He had been working as a mechanic for his brother, Rudy Romagnano, at the time. Romagnano joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colorado, where he was assigned first to Company K, 86th Infantry Regiment and then to the 710th Mountain Ordnance Company. He deployed to Italy with the Division and attained the rank of Technician 5th Grade. Romagnano passed away in 2010 in Lakewood, Colorado.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Carolyn Blocher; 2021.
All items are in good condition. Many photographs have thumbtack-sized holes in the corners, but they do not affect the images
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Photographs. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Romagnano, John, 1917-2010 -- Archives
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Photographs. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources.
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th. -- Archival resources.
- John Romagnano Papers
- Keli Schmid
- March 17, 2022
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script