Albert Morrison Papers
Photographs, event booklets from Camp Swift and Camp Patrick Henry, and a newspaper clipping from the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- Morrison, Albert, 1926-2000 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Albert H. Morrison was born January 3, 1926 to Theodore Henry and Cora Lucas Morrison in Floyd, Texas. He registered for the United States Army draft January 3, 1944 and was drafted on May 16, 1944 at Ft. Sill, Oklahoma. Morrison joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Swift, Texas in the fall of 1944 and was assigned to the 85th Infantry Regiment, Company E. In December 1944, he deployed with the division to Italy, where he fought in both the Appennine Mountains and Po Valley Campaigns. Morrison passed away on January 27, 2000.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Dan Morrison, 2022.
Photographs, booklets, and newspaper are in good condition
- Brochures Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Camp Swift (Tex.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Morrison, Albert, 1926-2000 -- Archives
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th.
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th.
- Albert Morrison Papers
- Adrian Johnson
- October 21, 2022
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script