Stanley E. Leszko Jr. Papers
The collection consists mainly of photographs taken by Leszko, but also includes slides, diary pages, separation papers, and newsletters. The photographs have been kept in the original subject groupings arranged by Leszko.
- Leszko, Stanley E., 1922-1984 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Stanley Edward Leszko Jr. was born on October 13, 1922 to Stanley and Mary Casemere (Toloski) Leszko in Winooski, Vermont. He graduated from Spaulding High School in Barre, Vermont in 1942. Leszko was drafted on January 22, 1943 and joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colorado. He rose to the rank of Staff Sergeant in Company F, 87th Infantry Regiment. Leszko trained at Camp Hale, and Camp Swift, Texas, and saw combat in Italy in 1945. While there, he was awarded three Bronze Star Medals for his actions. After the war, in 1948, he married Barbara Helen Leszko and the couple settled in Vermont. Stanley E. Leszko Jr. died on April 28, 1984 in Berlin, Vermont.
1 Boxes (.5 linear feet)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Edward Leszko; 2022.
Items show expected wear but are in good condition.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- Archival resources Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Leszko, Stanley E., 1922-1984 -- Archives
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Stanley E. Leszko Jr. Papers
- Keli Schmid
- March 9, 2023
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script