Showing Collections: 271 - 300 of 5743
Collection contains a certificate of election to Colorado Senate, certificates to practice in various courts, and membership in Society of Colorado Pioneers. Also letter (1865) to wife, Sarah from brother, John regarding death of younger brother, Thomas in a Confederate prison.
Images of Pueblo settlements and Ancestral Pueblo ruins in Arizona, Colorado, Utah and New Mexico. Tuzigoot National Monument, Wupatki National Monument, Kinishba Ruins, Canyon de Chelly, Montezuma Castle National Monument, Acoma Pueblo, Pueblo Bonito [Chaco Culture National Historical Park], Bandelier National Monument, Aztec Ruins National Monument, El Morro National Monument, Salmon Ruins, Pecos National Historical Park, Hovenweep National Monument, and Mesa Verde National Park,
Includes correspondence, postcards, news clippings and copies of news clippings. Scrapbook contains letters written to Governors and Lt. Governors of Colorado, Michigan, Massachusettes, New York, Virginia, Nevada, Oklahoma asking to light the capitol buildings on select legal holidays.
The collection contains a copy of an article generated by Hastings: "Topophilic and Topographic Perceptions of the American Mountain Soldier in WWII" (1967); clippings (1967); correspondence (1972-1973); and ephemera (n.d.).
The collection contains the 215 page, unannotated manuscript of "Adios, Havana: a memoir".
The collection contains correspondence (1943-1944, 1945, 1968-1997); military records (1943-1945); annotated maps of Italy (ca.1945); Photographs of Camp Hale, Colo. reunion (1987), military training (1943-1945).
Collection contains farm records of income and expenses (2 volumes and 14 items).
Collection contains letter from Andrew Sagendorf, Clinton, N.Y.; writes about visiting relatives in central Pennsylvania and western New York.
Collection contains a transcript of a letter from Andrew Washington Carson, Conyersville, Tenn. to Christopher "Kit" Carson; contains information about Carson family genealogy.
Correspondence to and from 10th Mountain Division members; papers concerning Black's work on the 10th Mountain Division Recon book; notes; and scrapbook.
Includes 14 photographs of Velma Andrews and family and friends and the Andrews home, Auditorium Theatre flyer and correspondence.
1st, 2nd, and 3rd floor plans with exterior perspective of the J.S. Betts house, Denver, Colo. designed by Andrews and Jaques, Architects, Boston, Mass. (ca.1888). The architectural plans are illustrations from the August 11, 1888, Nr. 659 issue of the American Architect and Building News. J. Sanford Betts worked as a broker for the real estate firm of Berkey and Co. It is not known if the house was ever built.
Business card, advertisement for forthcoming article, bibliography, and obituary for Andy Adams.
Collection contains correspondence and other items documenting Angelo Noce's efforts to have October 12th designated as Columbus Day. Included are photos, portraits, clippings, Noce family genealogy (ca.1897), drafts and other documents related to Noce's book: Columbus Day in Colorado (1910), certificates, and ephemera.
Includes correspondence, biographical information, and articles.
Animal locomotion: an electro-photographic investigation of consecutive phases of animal movements, 1872-1885
Collection contains one hundred ninety one (191) photographic plates showing humans and various animals in motion. Each plate represents a particular motion and consists of numerous frames illustrating precise anatomical movement.
One photobox of 127 nitrate negatives, 6 photographic postcards, 15 photographic prints of Colorado from 1941. None of the negatives or photographic prints are identified; the postcards have identification.
Collection contains correspondence, speeches and research papers by Kennon cover the topic of women in the workplace; Collegiate Bureau of Occupation (Denver, Colo.) records include occupational surveys; biographical sketch of Dr. Margaret Ethel V. Fraser, Denver, Colo. physician; newspaper clippings regarding Dr. Florence Sabin; papers from American Association of University Women, Denver Branch.
Discusses discusses the history of the Thomas Hornsby Ferril House and the Ferril family.
Collection contains a letter from author, Arthur Ransome to Miss Freeman, Greeley, Colo., envelope, and list of publications with illustrations.
The autobiography is a 4-page typescript written by Ann Spence Warner in roughly 1932 after she had published her first novel: Sidesaddle Ranch (1930). There is a 2-page addendum to the autobiography listing the titles, dates and publication titles for the short stories she had written between 1918-1932.
Collection contains two scrapbooks with newspaper clippings, programs, membership books, certificates, greeting cards, photographs, badges and ribbons from: Mile Hi Cootiette Club No. 231, National Order of Alley Cats (Auxiliary of the National Order of Trench Rats, Rattrap No. 51) and Military Order of the Cootie, Silver Dollar Pup Tent No. 1.
One photobox containing approximatley 40 b/w photographic prints from 1915. The prints appear to have been pulled from an album and bear scraps of black paper on versos. Some silvering of prints. One image has a torn upper right corner; others have visible folds. Most images are identified.
Collection contains a diary kept during migration from Linn, Kan. to Peyton, Colo., 1896. Edited with introduction (1965) by her daughter, Blanche Talhelm Frantz.
Collection contains a memoir about growing up in Rocky Mountain mining camps, and letter to Luverne Scott (dated Jan. 14, 1931) including handwritten biography.
Collection contains "Girlhood Favorites" book list created by Denver (Colo.) Public Library; preferences cited and signed by Evans.
Collection contains Parrish letter (dated October 15, 1930) to Katherine Watson, Denver (Colo.) Public Library; "Girlhood Favorites" book list created by DPL and signed by Parrish.
Correspondence, grant applications, mailing lists, budget, fundraising activities, newsletters, press kits and clippings, reports for Colorado Symphony Orchestra and Opera Colorado.
- Repository: Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy X
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 559
- Photographs 475
- Ski troops. 462
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 450
- Oral histories (document genres) 437
- Letters (correspondence) 408
- Photographic prints. 377
- Scrapbooks 354
- Clippings (information artifacts) 274
- Personal papers 260
- Photograph albums 247
- Correspondence 241
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 234
- Camp Hale (Colo.) 195
- Black-and-white photographs 185
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. 183
- Organization files 178
- DVDs 175
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. 168
- Diaries 163 + ∧ less
- English 3923
- Undetermined 39
- German 25
- Spanish; Castilian 19
- French 8
- Italian 8
- Japanese 7
- Arapaho 2
- Chinese 2
- Dakota 2
- Apache languages 1
- Arabic 1
- Germanic languages 1
- Indonesian 1
- North American Indian languages 1
- Portuguese 1
- Russian 1
- Swedish 1
- Tlingit 1
- Ukrainian 1 + ∧ less
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) 317
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews. 163
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th. 85
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th. 75
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 67
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 66
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Interviews. 66
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 60
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. 55
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Interviews. 48
- Kealy, Abbie, 47
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 47
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 43
- Collaborative Digitization Project (Denver, Colo.) 38
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Interviews. 37
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Archives. 30
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Pictorial works. 28
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th. 23
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 18
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Pictorial works. 18 + ∧ less