Showing Collections: 391 - 420 of 5751
Includes broadsides, correspondence, and financial statement regarding Atlantic-Pacific Railway Tunnel Company (A-P Tunnel Co.); promotional letters signed by M. M. Pomeroy and A. S. Whitaker; description of the tunnel.
The collection is comprised of correspondence, clippings, and legal research from A. Edgar "Ed" Benton Jr.'s time as a Denver Public Schools Board of Education member. The majority of the papers are related to school segregation, integration, and busing at DPS during the 1960s and 1970s. Material dates span from 1954-1990.
Collection contains a large group of color slides, as well as some b/w negatives and b/w photographs documenting railroad cars, locomotives, locations, stations, and the facilities of numerous railroad companies throughout the United States (ca. 1970s-1990s).
The collection contains photographs of Camp Hale (1944) and newspapers clippings of the Italian campaign (1945).
Collection contains "Girlhood Favorites" book list created by Denver (Colo.) Public Library; preferences cited and signed by Seaman.
Collection contains a copy of her "Prairie schooner log" 1880 describing trip from Lincoln to Wheeler County, Neb.; also copies of family genealogical material, photos, letter, and land-office records.
Collection contains photocopy of Augusta Tabor's death certificate (1961), typed transcripts of will and related estate papers (1956).
Collection contains audio tape interviews conducted by Gallegos with former residents of the neighborhood, governmental officials, activists, theater related individuals and musicians. Approximately 12 of the interviews have a transcript; also included are 5 transcripts for taped interviews not found in the collection: History of Auraria class contract, Dennis Bryan, Gloria Rodriguez, Peggy Olona, Gonzales reunion.
Original share no. 84, certificate no. 3 to James(?) Richardson signed September 24, 1859; entitles the owner to four lots in the town of Auraria, Colorado.
Drawings for fire station #4 (Denver, Colo.); plans for 4 unit townhouses for Witkin Homes, Inc. in Lakewood, Colorado.
Collection contains 6 handwritten letters from Austin Stanton; one handwritten letter from Joseph Stanton. Letters sent from Denver City, Colorado Territory (June 14, 1861, August 1, 1862); Drakesville (May 17, 1863) and College Springs (September 4, 1862), Iowa; and Missouri City, Tex. (July 6, 1862).
Photocopy of a paper written for a class at Fort Lewis College, Durango, CO. Includes bibliography.
Views of Avery undermount, steam engine tractors and Avery gasoline powered tractors. Shows a tractor operating a grain thresher.
Collection contains pamphlet: Avoca Lodge: A Short History of 2690 S. Wadsworth Blvd., Denver, Colorado by Michael C. Barber. (Dec. 1989).
Collection contains copy of Jensen's memoir: Avril B. Jensen Memoirs 1940-1945 U.S.A.C. Army Recovery (n.d.); Army service questionnaire (n.d.).
Views of Colorado, Denver, unidentified scenery, the Denver and Rio Grande Railroad, mining, and scenery possibly in Sweden.
Collection contains a letter to members of the Denver Chamber of Commerce, dated April 6, 1949 from President B. C. Essig.
Life and responsibilities of a widow living in Denver, Colo.
Collection contains a typescript "autobiography of B.M. Adams." Includes some family genealogy, his early years in Kentucky, and travel to Calif. 1850, before moving to Colo.
Letter from Leadville, Colo. to his wife tells about journey from Denver to Buena Vista (the "end of the railroad") and then on to Leadville, where he got a job at 2 1/2 dollars a day. Leadville generally described as a "Dredfull wicked place" of saloons and gambling. However, he had attended a little Baptist church and felt he could "do without drink".
Views of the site of a dam near Badito (Huerfano County), Colorado. Album includes a topographic map of the dam site.
Ledger includes profit and loss, insurance, stationary accounts, expenses, merchandise and individual accounts. Store name is not indicated.
- Repository: Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy X
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 559
- Photographs 476
- Ski troops. 462
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 450
- Oral histories (document genres) 437
- Letters (correspondence) 409
- Photographic prints. 377
- Scrapbooks 355
- Clippings (information artifacts) 278
- Personal papers 262
- Photograph albums 247
- Correspondence 241
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 234
- Camp Hale (Colo.) 195
- Black-and-white photographs 186
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. 183
- Organization files 180
- DVDs 175
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. 168
- Diaries 163 + ∧ less
- English 4044
- Undetermined 39
- German 25
- Spanish; Castilian 20
- French 8
- Italian 8
- Japanese 7
- Arapaho 2
- Chinese 2
- Dakota 2
- Apache languages 1
- Arabic 1
- Germanic languages 1
- Indonesian 1
- North American Indian languages 1
- Portuguese 1
- Russian 1
- Swedish 1
- Tlingit 1
- Ukrainian 1 + ∧ less
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews. 163
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) 154
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th. 85
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th. 75
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 67
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 66
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Interviews. 66
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 60
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. 55
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Interviews. 48
- Kealy, Abbie, 47
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 47
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 43
- Collaborative Digitization Project (Denver, Colo.) 38
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Interviews. 37
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Archives. 30
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Pictorial works. 28
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th. 23
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 18
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Pictorial works. 18 + ∧ less