Showing Collections: 361 - 384 of 384
Webster G. Barnett oral history
Webster G. Barnett oral history
Wendall Broomhall Papers
Newspaper clipping about Broomhall from the Lake Tahoe Tribune (December 3, 2000).
Wendell D. Gugler oral history
The interview provides information and personal observations about Gugler's decision to join the 10th Mountain Division, time spent in Colo., friends and activities at Camp Hale; service in Italy, combat at Mount Belvedere, soldiers killed in action and changes this caused, replacement soldiers; reunions attended.
William A. "Bill" Morrison oral history
The interview provides information and personal observations about Morrison's experiences: basic training at Camp Hale and personal observations; exchanging positions with a fellow soldier, Peterson, who was later killed; stopping in battle to help wounded soldiers; post war activities and working with youth.
William A. Farrow Jr. oral history
William A. Southworth Papers
The collection contains correspondence (1942-1944); military papers (1940's); ration book (ca.1944); clippings (1987); photographs of Camp Hale, Colo. (1943-1944); National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Southern Calif. Chapter papers (n.d.); song lyrics (ca.1944); photographs of Camp Hale, Colo. (1943-1944, 1998), 10th Mountain Division reunion (2002).
WILLIAM C. BRISSE PAPERS
William C. Hosking Papers
Includes the newsletter "The Alumni Bulletin "created by scoutmaster Herbert M. Wilson. The newsletters contain excerpts from many World War II letters, including Hosking's (copies). An index to the newsletters is also included as well as the manuscript "10th Mtn Ramblings by A. Geezer", by Bill Hosking, (manuscript, copy).
William C. Murphy Papers
The collection contains Murphy's scrapbook with clippings, military patches and other ephemera.
William D. "Dave" Dean oral history
The interview provides information and personal observations about Dean's time as a member of the 86th Infantry Regiment, being ill at Camp Hale, deployment on the ship SS Argentina, visiting Pisa, Italy, locating and dismantling mines, dead German soldiers, crossing Po River, being at Lake Garda at the end of the war, visiting American Cemetery in Florence.
William D. Dean Papers
The collection contains copy prints of photographs taken at Camp Hale, Colo. (ca.1943) and Italy (1945).
William H. Fricke Papers
Collection contains correspondence from Fricke to his parents (February 4, 1945), related correspondence (1998).
William I. Neder Papers
Summary of daily diary entries, correspondence (photocopies), photographs (JPEG files), short stories (photocopies), and oral history (MP4)
William J. Bourke Jr. Papers
Collection contains 2 scrapbooks. Scrapbook 1 was compiled by his wife, contains photographs, clippings and ephemera of his family, youth, school years, officer training, and service with the 10th Mountain Division, Army Signal Corps equipment photographs (ca.1920s-1945). Scrapbook 2 contains photographs, military orders, postcards, Italian money from Bourke's time at Camp Hale, Colo.; Camp Swift, Tex.; and service in Italy (ca.1943-1945).
William J. Craine Papers
Collection contains a bound volume of letters from Craine to his parents, with photographs, newspaper clippings and memorabilia.
William J. Kehres Papers
The collection contains correspondence (1945); and Kehres' military papers and orders (1945).
William J. Speirs oral history
The interview provides information and personal observations about Speirs' experiences: contracting yellow fever at Ft. Lewis, Wash.; digging a trench from the Apennines to Lake Garda; being a mail clerk; being at a farmhouse when it was being shelled; the end of the war.
William J. Terry Papers
Collection contains numerous letters written during Terry's time at Camp Wolter, Tex. (April 1943-August 1943), Camp Hale, Colo. (1943-1944), Camp Swift, Tex. (1944) and Italy (1945); newspaper clipping (April 6, 1943); and three photographs of Terry (1940s-1957).
William L. Putnam Papers
The collection contains copies of manuscripts and correspondence related to the publication of Parker's book: "The Tenth Mountain" (1978-1990); photographs of Kiska Island, Alaska, Italian Campaign locations (ca.1989); copies of battle maps and maps of Camp Hale, Colo. (n.d.).
William R. Brown oral history
William R. "Sarge" Brown, Jr. oral history
Wilson P. Ware Papers
The collection contains an assortment of pen-and-ink drawings (some with ink wash) of locations in Colo.: Aspen, Garden of the Gods, Leadville, Independence, Buena Vista, Salida, Mt. Sopris (1944); Ski-troop training (1944); military operations in Italy (1945); correspondence; ephemera; military papers. The artwork was originally part of a spiral bound artist's pad.
WINTER, BURDELL S. "BUD"
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 367
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 301
- Ski troops. 222
- Camp Hale (Colo.) 157
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- History. 141
- Oral histories (document genres) 141
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 131
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. 127
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. 126
- DVDs 124
- Camp Swift (Tex.) 107
- Mini-DV 85
- Correspondence 72
- Photographs 66
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- History. 62
- Clippings (information artifacts) 56
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. 54
- Military records 50
- Personal papers 45
- Scrapbooks 37 + ∧ less
- English 244
- German 6
- Japanese 2
- French 1
- Italian 1
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews. 117
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th. 65
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th. 54
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Interviews. 49
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 48
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) 36
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Interviews. 32
- Kealy, Abbie, 29
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. 29
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Interviews. 29
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 21
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 17
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 16
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 90th. 14
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 13
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th. 9
- Hampton, Myrna, 8
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 6
- Roaring Fork Valley Historical Association, 5
- Tilson, Bernie, 5 + ∧ less