Showing Collections: 151 - 180 of 384
Herbert Schneider oral history
The interview provides information and personal observations about Schneider's experiences: trip to Italy from Newport News, Va.; belief that the Division helped bring the war to an end more quickly; after the war ended, his return to his place of birth in Austria.
Horton K. Durfee oral history
The interview provides information and personal observations about Durfee's time at Camp Swift, Tex., Camp Patrick Henry before being shipped to Italy, his ship and arrival in Naples, injured soldiers and the death of a soldier due to friendly fire, being injured on March 3, 1945 from friendly artillery fire, time and recovery in the field hospital.
Howard Harvey oral history
Howard R. Koch Papers
The collection contains correspondence (1943-1945, 1986, 1999); OCS Class #359 photo (1944); copies of photographs (1945) and a copy of Koch's memoir (1999, 2002); copy of The Damn Tree Leaks by cartoonist Bill Mauldin used as an autograph album by members of Company C, 86th Infantry Regiment (ca.1945).
Hugh H. Bruner Papers
Collection contains obituary and memorials; copies of photographs; play script; citation; clippings; memoir; copy of journal; reports; correspondence, newsletter.
Hunter L. Slugg oral history
Hyman Goldenberg Papers
The collection contains Goldenberg's scrapbook with clippings, copies of his military records (1943-1945); family correspondence (1943-1945, 1968); copy of his memoirs: Recollection of 1945 (1999); ephemera; propaganda leaflets.
Irving Miller Papers
The collection contains Miller's scrapbook with clippings, transport meal ticket, magazine articles, copies of the "Blizzard," postcards.
J. Harold Dumm Oral History
The interview provides information and personal observations about Dumm's training experience at Camp Hale. At the time of the interview, Dumm was 96 years old. His son helped during the interview and reminded him of stories he had told in the past.
J. Harry Wikane Papers
Collection contains photocopies of photographs, newspaper clippings, Japanese propaganda leaflets, hand-drawn maps, and correspondence collected by Wikane.
J. Kroy Ostergaard Papers
The collection contains a scrapbook compiled for Ostergaard by his family containing newspaper clippings, correspondence, ephemera (1945-1946).
Jack C. Culbreath oral history
JACK R. SMOLENSKE PAPERS
Jackson B. Roynon Papers
Roynon's scrapbook contains his military and personal papers, including selective service papers (1943); discharge papers (1945); Italian Campaign materials (1945); clippings; correspondence; German military medal.
Jacob R. Nunnemacher Papers
The collection contains family correspondence (1943-1945); a pamphlet on Camp Hale, Colo. (n.d.); memoir written by his wife, Jean Lindemann: "Another Perspective - An Untold Story" (2001).
James A. Goodwin Papers
Collection contains photographs (1942, n.d.); discharge papers (1945); clippings (1986-2007); copy of Goodwin's memoir: And gladly guide, reflections on a life in the mountains (2003); untitled manuscript (n.d.); interview transcript (2004).
James B. Fetzer Papers
The collection contains Fetzer's scrapbook with clippings, many from the Denver Post and Rocky Mountain News on the 5th Army and the 10th Mountain Division, Italian Campaign and military training.
James B. Hadley Papers
James Gilronan Papers
James Harry Penrose Jr. Papers
The collection contains a scrapbook of articles, clippings about the Italian and Kiska Island campaigns. There is also original correspondence, memoir, officer's notebook, cartoons and photographs of Kiska Island, Alaska and Camp Hale, Colo. (1943-1945).
James I. Winterbottom Papers
The collection contains correspondence, letters of recommendation (n.d.); newspaper clippings regarding Silver Star (1945); military papers and honorable discharge (1945); postwar memoirs (n.d.) and biographical sketch.
James R. Rogers Papers
The collection contains a copy of Roger's military records (1944); memoirs and poem (ca. 2003); 2 CD-ROMs containing digital images of the Italian Reunion (2006); photographic prints of unspecific reunion activities (n.d.).
James Vincent Keck oral history
Jeddie P. Brooks Papers
The collection contains a scrapbook with clippings and other memorabilia (ca.1943-1945).
Jesse Eugene Baker Papers
Collection contains National Association of the 10th Mountain Division materials: correspondence, reunion information, scholarship subcommittee notes, minutes, notes, chapter information, personal papers of other 10th Mountain members, brochures.
John A. and C. Grove McCown Papers
John A. Hendron oral history
John A. Hill oral history
The interview provides information and personal observations about Hill's experiences about being drafted at 18 and basic training in a machine gun unit in Calif.; being assigned to the 10th Mountain Division and his first impressions of Camp Hale; unable to complete "D" series due to frostbite; being assigned as needed to different regiments, but fought with the 86th Infantry Regiment in Italy; impressions of being in the service.
John B. Woodard oral history
The interview provides information and personal observations about Woodward's experiences: ski training at Mt. Rainier and his role as head of the ski school; experimentation with ski equipment and techniques; how skiing techniques were used at Camp Hale, Colo.; ski instruction films made by Otto Lang; experiences in Italy with an abandoned German tank; racing for the University of Washington after the war.
John B. Woodward oral history
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 367
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 301
- Ski troops. 222
- Camp Hale (Colo.) 157
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- History. 141
- Oral histories (document genres) 141
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 131
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. 127
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. 126
- DVDs 124
- Camp Swift (Tex.) 107
- Mini-DV 85
- Correspondence 72
- Photographs 66
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- History. 62
- Clippings (information artifacts) 56
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. 54
- Military records 50
- Personal papers 45
- Scrapbooks 37 + ∧ less
- English 244
- German 6
- Japanese 2
- French 1
- Italian 1
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews. 117
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th. 65
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th. 54
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Interviews. 49
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 48
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) 36
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Interviews. 32
- Kealy, Abbie, 29
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. 29
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Interviews. 29
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 21
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 17
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 16
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 90th. 14
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 13
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th. 9
- Hampton, Myrna, 8
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 6
- Roaring Fork Valley Historical Association, 5
- Tilson, Bernie, 5 + ∧ less