Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 515
10th Mountain Division Audiovisual Collection
Collection contains a large assortment of motion picture films, videotapes, and audio recordings that document the activities of the 10th Mountain Division and its soldiers during and after W.W. II (1940-1951); and the activities of the National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. (ca.1972-2003).
10th Mountain Division Clippings/Book Excerpts Collection
Collection contains newspaper clippings and excerpts taken from books.
10th Mountain Division Ephemera Collection
Ephemera from the 10th Mountain Division including such items as: a car tag from Camp Hale, Christmas cards, German map carrying case, Japanese flag, medals, patches, propaganda leaflets (German and Japanese), Visitors pass from Camp Hale, Italian souvenirs and religious material (U.S. and German).
10th Mountain Division Map Collection
Collection contains atlases, topographical and photo maps of Italy, Kiska Island, Alaska, Camp Swift, Tex., Camp Hale, Colo., Germany, Europe, and the World. Some battle maps have been annotated.
10th Mountain Division Miniature Photograph Albums
Collection contains 10 miniature photo albums: (A) Memorial Days at our Monument at Tennessee Pass; (B) Leadville Burro Race; (C) Air Force Academy football games; (D) Student Conservation Association luncheon; (E) Kamerandekreis der Gebirgstruppe, President's Visit; (F) Skiing with Denver Boy's Inc., Ski Scholarship recipients; (G) Ski rallies; (H) A day at Ft. Carson; (I) Spring Wing-Wang at Wong's; (J) Dedication of Camp Hale Memorial Campground.
10th Mountain Division Newspaper Collection
Newspaper collection contains newspapers, articles and headlines that are related to the 10th Mountain Division. Titles include: Avalanche, Blizzard, Camp Hale Ski-Zette, The Rucksack, Camp Carson Mountaineer, Life, Stars and Stripes (Mediterranean edition) and YANK.
10th Mountain Division Pamphlet Collection
Includes pamphlets by various publishers about military and 10th Mountain subjects such as training, travel guides, song books, historical information, campaign information, equipment, poetry and returning to civilian life.
10TH MOUNTAIN DIVISION PERSONAL PAPERS
10TH MOUNTAIN DIVISION RECORDS
10th Mountain Division Slide Collection
87th Mountain Infantry Photo Collection
Collection contains b/w photographs from an unknown soldier in the 87th Mountain Infantry Regiment. Many men are identified, locations include training at Ft. Lewis, Camp Hale, as well as photos of Kiska and Adak Islands.
605th Field Artillery Battalion, B Battery Records
616th Field Artillery Battalion Records
A. Gardner Finn Papers
The collection contains biographical information and genealogy (n.d.); post-war correspondence (1997-2003); 10th Mountain Division related photographs of the Memorial Highway (Calif.), War Memorial (Tenn.), and vehicle license plates (1997, n.d.).
Aaron J. Schenck Papers
Content includes correspondence from Schenck to family members while at Camp Hale, Colorado; Camp Swift, Texas; and Italy. Also includes illustrations done by Schenck throughout, as well as collected souvenir postcards, newspaper clippings, photographs, Army documents, and other memorabilia. Schenck organized the collection contents chronologically into scrapbooks; this order has been preserved.
Abraham Schwartz oral history
The interview provides information and personal observations about Schwartz's experiences: the DUKW sinking at Lake Garda.
Alan L. Shultes Papers
Collection contains photos of Camp Hale, Colo. (1943-1944); unit photo of Company C, 87th Infantry Regiment (1944); memoir by H. Robert Krear: The journal of a U.S. Army mountain trooper in World War II (1993); Birth of a division by George F. Earle (1995); company roster and insignias (n.d.); information packet on the World War II valor in the Pacific National Monument (n.d.).
Alan V. Carlson papers
Collection contains military papers, meal ticket (1943); transportation pass; correspondence from Fort Bragg, Camp Hale, Camp Swift, V-Mail correspondence and Post War correspondence (1944-1946).
Albert A. Wiedorn Papers
Collection includes correspondence with family members and friends, photographs, post cards, manuscript of A Riflemanʹs Diary by Donald H. Montgomery (1996).
Albert H. Jackman oral History
Albert H. Meinke, Jr. Papers
Collection contains a manuscript copy of Meinke's book: Mountain troops and medics, wartime stories of a frontline surgeon in the U.S. Ski Troops (ca.1990s).
ALBERT N. BROCKMAN PAPERS
Albert N. Nencioni Papers
Albert V. Fernandes oral history
The interview provides information and personal observations about Fernandes' experiences: joining the 10th Mountain Division because of his interest in the out of doors; climb up Riva Ridge; battle that broke out during the ascent and being wounded; being saved by a harmonica and prayer book in his pocket; time recuperating in the hospital; D-Series maneuvers.
Alfred Ricken Papers
Includes telegram and correspondence from War Department notifying Emma Bischke Ricken of her husband's death and letter from Ricken to Albert Schaeffler. Photo album includes photos of Camp Hale, rock climbing, unidentified soldiers undergoing training, Cooper Hill, Leadville, inside tavern or bar, and rock climbing at Seneca, West Virginia.
Allan E. Peck Papers
Materials on Peck include: copies of personal photographs (1940, 1944, 2008); copies of his military records: training certificate, payroll, General Orders, intelligence memorandum, 10th Mountain Division commendations and citations,(1944, 1945), draft copy of the "85th Mountain Infantry Regimental History (1945); personal records: birth certificate, marriage license, correspondence (1920, 1944, 1945, 2008).
Allen Griswold Papers
The collection contains 43 loose leaf pages with clippings about the 10th Mountain Division's special training and combat in Italy; 32 page pamphlet on the A.A.F. Regional Hospital, No.1, Coral Gables, Fla. (1943-1945).
Alvie L. Allen Papers
Collection contains a scrapbook with photographs, maps and hand-written annotations (Sept. 1942-March 1945); photograph (copy) of Alvie Allen at Camp Hale (1944); book: Alvlie L. Allen 1942-1945 by Betty Geneva Stark, Vera Jo Coffer (n.d.); DVD copies: Tramway builders (ca.1994), Fire on the mountain (2003).
Andres Vigil oral history
Andrew D. Hastings Jr. Papers
The collection contains a copy of an article generated by Hastings: "Topophilic and Topographic Perceptions of the American Mountain Soldier in WWII" (1967); clippings (1967); correspondence (1972-1973); and ephemera (n.d.).
- Subject: Camp Hale (Colo.) X
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 367
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 322
- Ski troops. 292
- Camp Hale (Colo.) 195
- Oral histories (document genres) 153
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 153
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- History. 147
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. 130
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. 129
- Camp Swift (Tex.) 128
- DVDs 127
- Photographs 101
- Mini-DV 86
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. 80
- Correspondence 79
- Clippings (information artifacts) 65
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- History. 64
- Soldiers -- United States -- Pictorial works. 60
- Military records 57
- Personal papers 54 + ∧ less
- English 360
- German 10
- Japanese 4
- Italian 2
- French 1
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews. 119
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th. 73
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th. 64
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 52
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Interviews. 50
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) 44
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. 36
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 33
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Interviews. 33
- Kealy, Abbie, 29
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Interviews. 29
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 28
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 21
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 19
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th. 18
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Pictorial works. 18
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 90th. 14
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 13
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Pictorial works. 11
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Archives. 10 + ∧ less