Showing Collections: 271 - 300 of 517
Collection contains a single photo album and loose black and white photographs of soldiers skiing, snow, ice and rock climbing at Mt. Ranier, Wash. and Camp Hale, Colo., Seneca rocks training (1942-1943). Some individuals are identified. Color photograph of Skillern, Paul Laferty, Olaf Rodegard, Garry Gast at a 10th Mountain reunion (n.d.).
Collection contains clippings (1940s), ration card, passes, indentification cards, descriptions of the construction of Camp Hale.
Black and white photographs (three are colorized) of, or taken by, John Romagnano. Four photographs were taken when John was in the hospital at Camp Hale.
The collection contains copies of journal entries and military records (1944-1946); correspondence, photos (1980s-2002); and documentation on Creaghe's Distinguished Service Cross award (1945).
Views of training exercises at Camp Hale, Colorado and Mt. Rainier in Washington State. Images of rock and ice climbing, skiing, and military training exercises.
The collection contains clippings, correspondence relating to Evans military service and death (1998-1999); and copies of photographs (1923-1943).
Collection contains a copy of Hadskey's memoirs: A few random thoughts on Camp Hale (n.d.); Camp Swift, Camp Patrick Henry and the high seas (n.d.); biographical sketch (n.d.); pay record (1943), Bronze Star citation (April 3, 1945), payroll worksheet (1946), photographs of Camp Hale.
Collection contains baptismal certificate (1921), clipping (1945). discharge papers (1945), CCC documents and photographs (1939-1941), photographs 1943-1945, certificate and Bronze Star citation (1942, 1945), postcards (1950) and campaign ribbons and 10th Mountain Division shoulder patch (ca.1945), postcards of Lanesboro, Minn. (ca.1950).
Collection contains 2 photograph albums (1943-1944) with images from Camp Hale (Colo.) showing enlisted men, buildings, camp personnel, informal gatherings, the Weasel, Cooper Hill Ski training area, aerial tramway and bridges, pack mules, equipment, mountains.
Collection contains a CD-Rom with scans of Laycock's wartime diaries (1945-1946), military documents, photographs, reunion photographs and travel documents.
The collection contains an assortment of biographical materials, correspondence, military records (1943), clippings. In addition there is correspondence in support of a memorial for Duncan (2003); and other papers related to the Fort Carson, Colo. USAR Center (2000).
Collection contains 77 b/w photographs depicting images taken during the Italian Campaign, training at Camp Hale, Colo.
Black and white photographs of Kane at Camp Hale were originally sent to Sally Fricke Oesterling at the Blizzard
Collection contains a photo album of Camp Hale activities: rock climbing, evacuation, belay, skiing and maneuvers. Stettner and others are well identified.
Collection includes photo album of scenery and men skiing and Paradise Lodge in Mt. Rainer, Fort Lewis and Ashcroft, Colo. Test Detachment; color slides (approximately 226) of Aspen, Mt. Massive rock climbing, Camp Hale, and Mt. Rainer; loose photographs of an unidentified group photo taken at Fort Lewis, Wash. (appears to be a company assembled before barracks buildings).
The collection includes correspondence (1943-1946, 1950); papers related to the publication of his father's book (1945-1946).
The collection includes correspondence (1994) and a copy of Cooke's memoirs: "Memories of C Company 85 Mtn. Inf. in Action" edited by John Imbrie (ca. 1945).
The collection contains a biographical sketch of Moore (n.d.); newspaper clippings (n.d.); portrait of Moore (ca.1952); color and black and white reunion photographs (1984); photograph of Camp Hale, Colo. (1943) taken by Winston Pote.
The interview provides information and personal observations about his correspondence written during military service: early skiing experience, and experiences as a member of the 87th Mountain Division; post-war activities.
The collection contains family correspondence (1940-1945); ephemera (1945); payroll documents (1945); correspondence (1999).
Collection contains military papers (1943-1944), photographs (1944), correspondence (1943, n.d.), veterans bonus pamphlet (1948).
The collection contains assorted clippings (n.d.); correspondence (1943-1944, 1974); photographs (1943-1989); and other related ephemera (n.d.).
The collection contains correspondence from the relatives of the soldiers commanded by Snyder who had been killed at the Lake Garda tragedy (1945); notes from field artillery school (n.d.).
The collection contains photocopies of clippings on the Italian Campaign assembled into a scrapbook (n.d.).
The interview provides information and personal observations about Hanf's experiences during WWII and the 10th Mountain Division.
The collection includes a selection of photographs related to 10th Mountain Division training operations at Camp Hale, Colo. (ca. 1943-1944); 10th Mountain Division Memorial pamphlet (1959); correspondence (1977); newspaper clippings; correspondence (1977); "We were Ski Soldiers of World War II: Our Story in Verse" by C. K. "Charlie" Moore (1986).
- Subject: Camp Hale (Colo.) X
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 367
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 322
- Ski troops. 293
- Camp Hale (Colo.) 195
- Oral histories (document genres) 153
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 153
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- History. 147
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. 130
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. 129
- Camp Swift (Tex.) 128
- DVDs 127
- Photographs 101
- Mini-DV 86
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. 80
- Correspondence 79
- Clippings (information artifacts) 65
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- History. 64
- Soldiers -- United States -- Pictorial works. 60
- Military records 57
- Personal papers 54 + ∧ less
- English 362
- German 10
- Japanese 4
- Italian 2
- French 1
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews. 119
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th. 73
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th. 64
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 52
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Interviews. 50
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) 44
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. 36
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 33
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Interviews. 33
- Kealy, Abbie, 29
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Interviews. 29
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 28
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 21
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 19
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th. 18
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Pictorial works. 18
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 90th. 14
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 13
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Pictorial works. 11
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Archives. 10 + ∧ less