Showing Collections: 301 - 330 of 515
Leroy A. Lewis Papers
Leslie E. Billings Papers
The collection contains correspondence between Billings and his family (1943-1945).
Leslie M. Curtis Papers
Collection contains the "day book" for Company E, 86th Infantry Regiment (April 1-July 1945) kept by Leslie M. Curtis, company clerk; correspondence from Mrs. Leslie M. (Mavis L.) Curtis explaining the significance of the day book (2009).
Levi W. Fitterer Papers
Collection contains an 11 page typewritten memoir chronicling Fitterer's experiences with the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colorado; Camp Swift, Texas; and service in Italy (ca.1995).
Lewis F. St. John Papers
Collection contains training certificate (Camp Roberts, Calif.); midget diary; This Damn Tree Leaks by Bill Mauldin (with hand-written notes); loose photographs; newspaper clippings; scrapbook (copies of photographs, newspaper clippings, discharge papers); V-mail; military forms; photograph album (picture post card views of Italy).
Linwood M. Erskine Jr. Papers
Collection contains 110 b/w photographs of Camp Hale, Colo., Northern Italy, Austria and Camp Carson, Colo.
Lucian D. Warner Papers
The collection contains correspondence (1942-1943); photograph album with images of Camp Hale, Colo., Aspen, Colo., Fort Ord, Calif., Adak and Kiska, Alaska; 114 35mm slides of Kiska, Adak islands during the 1943 invasion, and Camp Hale, Colo.
Lyle G. Munson oral history
Malcolm N. MacKenzie Papers
The collection includes poetry by Erling Omland, Laura Winter and Thurl Brown; film and interview transcripts; National Association correspondence, business papers and notes; History of the International Federation of Mountain Soldiers (draft by MacKenzie); Army Signal Corps photographs (1943-1945); newspaper clippings, reunion materials, reunion photographs (1990-2001) and other related ephemera.
Manfred G. Wuerslin oral history
Marcus Kletter Papers
Includes newspaper clippings; special order of the day (April 1945); birthday card (August 1944) and Program (Italian) Il Barbiere di Siviglia, Naples (ca 1945). Photo album and loose photos contain images of Camp Hale, ski training, 3rd platoon 85-G, individual sliders and portrait and images of Kletter.
Marion H. Fields Papers
Collection contains copies of military papers, personal papers, news clippings, correspondence, photographs, cover of bible (1944-1945), Camp Swift memoir (1944).
Marlin H. Wineberg oral history
Martin Bockelmann Papers
Includes news clippings and notes for an article from The Independent Family Living, "A Veterans story: Martin Bockelmann, World War II Veteran."
Martin L. Daneman oral history
The interview provides information and personal observations about Daneman's arrival at Camp Hale, being assigned to S-2 squad, experiences with "D" Series training, his relationship with Captain William M. Shepard and their experiences scouting and performing reconnaissance, heavy casualties at Mount Belvedere and now his two best friends were killed, death of Captain Shepard, experiences with Italian families.
MARTIN L. "MARTY" DANEMAN PAPERS
Maurice E. "Speed" Murphy oral history
The interview provides information and personal observations about Murphy's experiences: duties as a Staff Sergeant and responsibilities in caring for the soldiers assigned to him; being awarded the Soldier's Medal for saving several soldiers at Campo Tizzoro; impact the 10th Mountain Division had on the Italian front.
MAX S. PETERS PAPERS
Maximilian Gross Papers
Collection contains copies of Gross' letters (1945), emigration documents (1942), and personal property certificate (1945).
Melville W. Borders Papers
The collection contains family correspondence (1944-1945); a copy of the article: "War & Remembrance-Mountain Man" (1993); a copy of Border's memoir: "King of the Mountain" (ca.1981); scrapbook assembled by Border's mother (1944-1945).
Milton F. Soucek oral history
The interview provides information and personal observations about Soucek's experiences: climb to the top of Belvedere; friendly fire; leadership of Lt. Tiesmaki.
Milton L. Johnson Papers
Collection contains memoirs, photographs, 10th Mountain Division song lyrics, and obituaries.
Mogens F. Hallgren Papers
Collection contains photographs by and of Hallgren during World War II. Hallgren and some place names are identified, including Homestake Lake, Cooper Hill, and Camp Hale, Colorado.
Morrel J. Clute Papers
Collection contains original monthly reports from Clute to the commander of the 87th Infantry Regiment describing Red Cross services provided to the regiment from December 1944-June 1945 (12 pages); original and photocopies of original correspondence from Clute to his family from January-May 1945 (45 pages).
Morton Lewis Papers
Photographs from Camp Hale and Italy, as well as information booklet from Camp Hale
MOUNTAIN AND WINTER WARFARE SCHOOL AND TRAINING CENTER RECORDS
Nancy Tarter Oral History
Nathan E. Morrell oral History
Nathan E. Morrell oral history
Nathan Morrell Papers
Collection contains copies of correspondence (1940s, 1995, 1997-1999), photographs (1942-1943, n.d.) of training at Camp Hale, Colo., Fort Drum ceremony, mules, and training in the Columbia Ice Fields, Canada.
- Subject: Camp Hale (Colo.) X
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 367
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 322
- Ski troops. 292
- Camp Hale (Colo.) 195
- Oral histories (document genres) 153
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 153
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- History. 147
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. 130
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. 129
- Camp Swift (Tex.) 128
- DVDs 127
- Photographs 101
- Mini-DV 86
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. 80
- Correspondence 79
- Clippings (information artifacts) 65
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- History. 64
- Soldiers -- United States -- Pictorial works. 60
- Military records 57
- Personal papers 54 + ∧ less
- English 360
- German 10
- Japanese 4
- Italian 2
- French 1
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews. 119
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th. 73
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th. 64
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 52
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Interviews. 50
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) 44
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. 36
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 33
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Interviews. 33
- Kealy, Abbie, 29
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Interviews. 29
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 28
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 21
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 19
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th. 18
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Pictorial works. 18
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 90th. 14
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 13
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Pictorial works. 11
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Archives. 10 + ∧ less