Showing Collections: 361 - 390 of 515
Pierson M. Ralph oral history
The interview provide personal observation about Pierson's experiences with the 10th Mountain Division: joining the military while at the Colorado School of Mines; applied directly to the mountain troops; describes the communication system as used during combat; being injured while on Riva Ridge and being taken to the aid station and experiences in the hospital; experiences at Camp Hale and Camp Swift; how he spent time waiting for discharge.
Ralph A. Wiese Papers
Items include the following materials from the Mount Rainier test expedition (1942): copies of journal entries and a set of 140 35mm negatives. Copies of the following color motion picture films: "First Battalion, 87th Infantry, Mountain Reinforced," and "10th Mountain Ski Lessons, Climbing Formations."
Ralph L. Drake Papers
Collection contains photo album with photos of Camp Hale, Colo. with annotations, military records, and ephemera (1942-1943); additional materials include Drake family genealogy, Ralph L. Drake honorable discharge (1919), Marquis L. Drake Civil War pension records (1913).
Ralph Mattson Papers
The collection contains b/w photographs of Camp Hale, Colo., Camp Swift, Tex., and Italy (1943-1945).
Ralph P. Crawford oral history
The interview provides information and personal observations about Crawford's time as a member of the 86th Infantry, how he came to join the 10th Mountain Division, weapons he carried, being wounded in action near Lake Garda.
Ralph R. Bromaghin Papers
Letter from a Chaplain to the Bromaghin family (1945).
Ralph W. "Gus" Ball oral history
Ralph W. Hulbert Papers
The collection contains the following materials: newsclippings; ephemera; correspondence (1943-1979); personal and military papers (1943-1979).
Ray Jarnstrom Papers
Ray Jarnstrom's Memoir "Music at Camp Hale" 190th Army Ground Force Band.
Raymond C. Josephson oral history
Raymond F. Doiron Papers
Collection contains photocopies of personal and death related correspondence; military forms regarding personal effects and burial (1943-1945).
Raymond F. Farley oral history
The interview provides information and personal observations about Farley's experiences: volunteering and enlistment at Fort Dix prior to going to Camp Hale in June 1943; time at Camp Hale; time off and skiing at Cooper Mountain; value of religion and discipline during difficult situations; physical issues related to the transport of ski equipment; superior artillery of the Germans and superiority of the American air power; impact of the reunion trip on his memories.
Raymond M. Zelina oral history
The interview provides information and personal observations about Zelina's experiences: being a career army member, who also served in Korea; value and characteristics of mules; Italy, and being hospitalized because of contracting yellow jaundice; psychology being the training of soldiers; role of veterans in organizations.
Raymond W. Bishop Papers
Collection contains memoirs of Raymond W. Bishop and his wife, Madeline J. (Michaud) Bishop (1920-2010) regarding their lives and Raymond Bishop's time with the 10th Mountain Division (1920-1945); compact disc with digital scans of photographs taken by Bishop in Italy (1940-1945).
Reamer A. Bolz Papers
Color slides from Italy in Spring 1945, Italian currency, a religious card from the Vail Reunion of 1983, and correspondence between Hugh W. Evans, Reamer A. Bolz, and Denver Public Library staff member Barbara Walton.
Rex Carsrud Papers
Military and personal papers (1942).
Richard A. Rocker Papers
Collection contains a scrapbook containing photographs and written narrative. An additional 46 photographs with annotations, as well as 45 photographs of the Italian Campaign (some taken by Lt. Kerr Sparks) are included.
Richard C. Johnson oral history
Richard C. Over oral history
Richard C. Over Papers
Collection contains photographs of Colo. Ski Hall of Fame ceremony, statue at Fort Drum, NY, and Camp Hale, Colo. (1944, 1999, 2013), personal papers (1976), military records (1940s), ephemera, and magazine article (2010).
Richard E. Greene Oral History
Greene discusses Camp Hale, sailing to Italy, the Tower of Pisa, Hill 913, Lake Garda, celebrations following the May 2, 1945 surrender, end of war, Camp Carson
Richard J. Cooper Papers
The collection contains Cooper's military papers (1942-1945); related ephemera (ca.1940's); and a copy of his memoir: "Trooper Cooper's Nine Lives" (n.d.).
Richard M. Calvert Papers
The collection contains two scrapbooks: Scrapbook A (December 1942-May 1945) and Scrapbook B (May-November 1945). The scrapbooks document Calvert's experiences from his induction into the Army through his discharge. Items include photographs, letters, postcards, memorabilia, military papers, diary entries (April 14-May 2, 1945), clippings.
RICHARD M. WILSON PAPERS
Richard S. Dirkes oral history
Richard S. McCrudden oral history
Richard Schwarzchild Papers
Collection contains a copy of Schwarzchild's unpublished autobiography: Without fear of infamy (n.d.); Senator Robert Dole correspondence (1996). German military uniform patches, German and Italian currency, safe conduct passes and receipts for surrendered soldiers, ephemera, letter transcripts, AMS map (1944-1945).
Richard T. May Papers
The collection is comprised of eleven topographical maps for the following locations: Basso di Reisia, Italy; Bergamo, Italy; Belluno, Italy; San Marcello, Italy; Trento, Italy; Trieste, Italy; Norther Italy; Mailand; Undine and Leadville Quadrangle, Colo., Zone E (1943-1945).
Robert A. Wiebel oral history
Robert B. Colville oral history
The interview provides information and personal observations about Colville's working on deferment status at a California aircraft factory before enlisting in the 10th Mountain Division (1943), training at Fort Ord, participation in the invasion of Kiska Island, return to Camp Hale, weather at Camp Swift, being deployed and in Italy aboard the USS West Point, discussion with Colonel David Fowler (87th Regimental Commander).
- Subject: Camp Hale (Colo.) X
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 367
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 322
- Ski troops. 292
- Camp Hale (Colo.) 195
- Oral histories (document genres) 153
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 153
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- History. 147
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. 130
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. 129
- Camp Swift (Tex.) 128
- DVDs 127
- Photographs 101
- Mini-DV 86
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. 80
- Correspondence 79
- Clippings (information artifacts) 65
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- History. 64
- Soldiers -- United States -- Pictorial works. 60
- Military records 57
- Personal papers 54 + ∧ less
- English 360
- German 10
- Japanese 4
- Italian 2
- French 1
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews. 119
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th. 73
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th. 64
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 52
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Interviews. 50
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) 44
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. 36
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 33
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Interviews. 33
- Kealy, Abbie, 29
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Interviews. 29
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 28
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 21
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 19
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th. 18
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Pictorial works. 18
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 90th. 14
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 13
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Pictorial works. 11
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Archives. 10 + ∧ less