Showing Collections: 391 - 420 of 515
ROBERT B. ELLIS PAPERS
Robert B. Martin Papers
Collection contains biographical information and correspondence.
Robert C. Westland Papers
Contains correspondence, personal papers, aerial photographs of Camp Hale, Colorado (1943).
Robert D. Carlson oral history
The interview provides information and personal observations about Carlson's experiences: prior to the war, being a member of the National Ski Patrol; training at Camp Hale and getting into trouble for making a "wise crack"; quality of the members of the Division; how climbing skills contributed to the taking of Riva Ridge; time in Italy, Switzerland, Austrian border, and attending glacier climbing school in Austria after the war.
Robert D. Newton Papers
The collection contains correspondence (1944-1947); ephemera, journals, notebooks (1942-1945); military papers (1940-1947); and Newton's scrapbook with additional items: personal ephemera, photographs, patches, pamphlets (ca.1940-1945).
Robert Donald Hansen Papers
Collection contains military records, booklets and insignia, correspondence to and from family members, and photographs from training and time spent in Italy.
Robert Drennan oral history
The interview provides information and personal observations about Drennan's experiences and being a member of the 10th Mountain Division for only a short period of time. The bulk of the interview concerns Drennan's role with the 120th Medical Evacuation Hospital; condition of and care for sick and dying concentration camp prisoners; Buchenwald concentration camp; role of Dachau; scattering of prisoners over southeast Bavaria.
Robert F. McFarren Papers
Collection contains scrapbook with newspaper clippings (ca.1945), photographs, picture post cards; email correspondence (re: acquisition of material through Ebay and fund raising efforts); photo album contains approximately 170 photographs and McFarren's commission as 1st Lieutenant.and graduation program (1944); additional loose photographs, correspondence, newspaper clippings, and separation papers.
Robert F. Ruane Papers
Collection contains pamphlets, law class photo, wedding card, fraternity ephemera, Camp Hale Christmas menu, correspondence, clippings, photographs, WWII German flag (autographed).
Robert G. Langer Papers
The collection contains clippings on the Italian Campaign (1945).
Robert Heron oral history
Discusses working with engineering firms that were constructing ski lifts and working on the lifts at Camp Hale (a training camp for the 10th Mountain Division). He talks about various other projects and discusses the regulations that were established in the 1960s.
Robert I. Fels Papers
Watercolor landscape with pen and ink depicting the various buildings, tents and topographical features found at Camp Hale, Colo. (ca.1943).
Robert J. Drew Papers
Collection contains pen and ink drawings (copies, originals) of 10th Mountain Division subjects (1988-2005); drawing documentation by Robert J. Drew (2002); obituary (2008); copies of the National Ski association bulletin #10 (1942) and training certification (1940).
Robert J. Harris oral history
The interview provides information and personal observations about Harris' experiences: being a medic during the battle for Mount Belvedere; the role of a medic during the war in Italy; first casualty on Riva Ridge; transporting medical equipment up the mountain; medical aid stations; being injured on a rock wall.
Robert J. Jardine oral history
The interview provides information and personal observations about Jardine's experiences as a skier during high school in Calif. and joining the 10th Mountain Division with letters of recommendation; training and leisure time in Camp Hale, Colo.; being wounded on Riva Ridge and transfer to a hospital for surgery; recovery time until the end of the war; going to Glacier School in Austria after the war; influences on his life.
Robert J. Kehm oral history
The interview provides information and personal observations about Kehm's experiences: bringing mules to the Italy; serving as an MP in Barre; spending three months in Venice on assignment to obtain food for the hotel where soldiers stayed for rest and relaxation.
Robert J. Nordhaus Papers
The collection includes files notebooks from Italy (1945); and a biography from the New Mexico Ski Hall of Fame (2003).
Robert J. Willis Papers
Collection contains 5 pen-and-ink illustrations for chapter pages from the pamphlet: Mountaineers (ca.1950). Titles include: We Were New..; We Reached the Po..; We Crossed the Po..; We Will Remember..; We Succeeded..
Robert John Barth Papers
Collection contains military documents, photographs, ephemera, and a scrapbook relating to Barth's service with the 10th Mountain Division in WWII.
Robert L. Chester oral history
The interview provides information and personal observations about Chester's experiences: basic training at Ft. Breckenridge, Ky.; training with his twin brother, Reginald F. Chester at Camp Hale, Colo.; loosing contact with his brother after arriving in Italy; his brother being wounded in action during the Apennines and Po RIver campaigns on April 23, 1945; his life in general.
Robert L. Cook Papers
Collection contains 6 pages from the Assistant Division Scrapbook containing b/w photographs of various 10th Mountain Division Headquarters Company officers and scenes (ca.1945); memoir: A brief history of the 10th Mountain Division, 1941-1945 as seen by B.G. Robert L. Cook USA" (9 pages, 2 drafts, 1988, 1989); history of artifacts donated to Colorado HIstory Museum (1999); biographical data form (1945).
Robert L. Gess Papers
Collection contains over 100 photographs of Camp Hale, training, and Italy. Several biographical photos with identifications.
Robert Livermore Jr. Papers
The collection contains correspondence (1942-1945, 1956); ephemera (n.d.); and a list of citations (1945).
Robert M. Black Papers
Collection contains three memoirs written by Robert M. Black: memoir written to his son regarding his experiences at Camp Hale, Camp Swift and Italy (n.d.), memoir about the "D" series at Camp Hale (n.d.), reunion article published by the Baton Rouge Advocate (1999).
Robert P. Thompson Papers
The collection contains copies of family correspondence (1943-1945); copy of Thompson's memoirs concerning the Riva Ridge attack (ca.1999).
Robert Platt Boyd Jr. Papers
Collection contains a 13 page typescript of Boyd's memoir about his time with the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale and Camp Swift: "War Diary of a Mountain Engineer" (1998).
Robert Pyle Thompson oral history
Robert R. Krumm oral history
Robert R. Krumm Papers
Collection contains 10 loose pages with clippings, and some photographs of Camp Hale (ca.1944); commendations (May 1945).
Robert S. Johnson oral history
- Subject: Camp Hale (Colo.) X
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 367
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 322
- Ski troops. 292
- Camp Hale (Colo.) 195
- Oral histories (document genres) 153
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 153
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- History. 147
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. 130
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. 129
- Camp Swift (Tex.) 128
- DVDs 127
- Photographs 101
- Mini-DV 86
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. 80
- Correspondence 79
- Clippings (information artifacts) 65
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- History. 64
- Soldiers -- United States -- Pictorial works. 60
- Military records 57
- Personal papers 54 + ∧ less
- English 360
- German 10
- Japanese 4
- Italian 2
- French 1
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews. 119
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th. 73
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th. 64
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 52
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Interviews. 50
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) 44
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. 36
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 33
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Interviews. 33
- Kealy, Abbie, 29
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Interviews. 29
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 28
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 21
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 19
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th. 18
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Pictorial works. 18
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 90th. 14
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 13
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Pictorial works. 11
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Archives. 10 + ∧ less