Showing Collections: 451 - 480 of 515
Stanley Ulick Papers
The collection contains personal correspondence (June 1943-Jan. 1946); Jewish Prayer book (n.d.).
Stephen A. Smith Papers
Collection contains 49 b/w photographs of the Kiska Campaign with map, and time line journal. Some of the photographs have identifiedtifed and notated.
Stephen F. Clinton Papers
The collection contains an assortment of black-and-white photographs, negatives, proof sheets and contact prints taken during the Italian campaign at Verona, Milan, Belvedere, Venice, Florence, Trieste, Stressa, Lake Garda and Austria (1945).
Stephen W. Grainer Papers
The collection contains Grainer scrapbook with documentation on the Italian campaign and the 10th Mountain Division's return to the United States at the conclusion of the war.
STUART E. ABBOTT PAPERS
The Italian campaign and Camp Hale
Views of Italy during the World War II Italian campaign. Images of soldiers and armaments. Many images of Ben Weschler's travels in Italy. Views of training at Camp Hale, Colorado; portraits of Woods, Fitzgerald, Malone, Patch, Flaherty, Stonebach, Forner, and Ben Weschler.
Theodore A. Olson Papers
The collection contains photographs from Bastrop, Tex. (1944) and the Italian Campaign (1945).
Theodore H. Miller Papers
The collection contains 28 color and 60 black and white photographic prints depicting combat operations in Italy during April 1945. Soldiers of Company L, 87th Infantry identified in the photos: Robert F. Diehl, Russell M. McJury, Adrian I. Riordan, Alexander Jones, Charles F. Barnwell, Maurice S. Ewing, Robert P. Stewart, Alexander J. Beauchesne, Barton Morrison, Ted Merritt, Edward E. Van Romer and Erling Omland (Company K).
Thomas B. Stewart oral history
Thomas B. Stewart oral history
Thomas Bacher oral history
The interview provides information and personal observations about Bacher's experiences, he illustrates his comments with sketches he drew during his time in Italy documenting the events: during the Spiazzi attack; Po River; climbing Belvedere; strategic nature of crossing the Po River in effort to slow German advance; attending a funeral for a General; death of Sgt. Louis O. Brown, being a pallbearer at his funeral in Portland, Ore.;
Thomas D. Callahan Jr. Papers
Collection contains U.S. Army Signal Corps photos (1944-1945) showing winter and summer training at Camp Hale, Colo.; photos of the 10th Mountain Division in Italy.
Thomas E. Hilliard Jr. Papers
The collection contains a scrapbook compiled by Thomas Hilliard, Jr. with postcards, commendations, German propaganda leaflets, articles and other ephemera collected by his father during the war.
Thomas G. Pace Papers
Collection contains letter, military records, bronze star citation (1943-1946, n.d.).
Thomas J. Bacher Papers
The collection contains his Army Service Experience Questionnaire (1945) and an assortment of memoirs generated by Bacher about his experiences as a soldier: "Crossing the Po River," "Mt. Belvedere Attack," "Mt. Spiazzi Attack," and "Italian Campaign 1944-45, 10th Mountain Division, 87th Mountain Infantry Regiment Company C."
Thomas R. Brooks Papers
The collection contains correspondence; written recollections; copy of a short story by Brooks (1991); and the manuscript of : "10th Mountain Division" history (1997).
Thomas W. O'Connor Papers
Includes commemorative booklet 10th Infantry Division (ca. 1944, with hand-written annotations), "Parody Indoctrination for return to the United States" (ca. 1945), plastic army map plotting template (ca. 1940), discharge papers, telegrams (dealing with O'Connor's wounding), photographs (Camp Hale) and newspaper clipping (obituary, copy).
Thurl D. Brown Papers
The collection contains clippings; correspondence (1996); ephemera (1991); and poetry: "Rucksack Recollections" (n.d.).
Tibor L. Mikes Papers
Includes a photocopy of a manuscript entitled Notes; includes details of Mikes escape from Hungry prior to World War II.
Torger D. Tokle Papers
The collection contains copies of Tokle's military personnel records (1945, 1947), clippings, and an account of Tokle written by George Edward Creel.
Uno Isaacson oral history
The interview provides information and personal observations about Isaacson's experiences: basic training Tex. and being selected for the 10th Mountain Division because he was too light for the air divisions; arrival at Camp Hale, Colo. and participation in the "D" series and frost bite on his feet; being eligible for disability; experiences in Italy at Belvedere, Pietra Colore, and Castel d'Aiano; coming upon a German tank; influences on his life.
Upshur Berkley Ellis oral history
The interview provides information and personal observations about Ellis experiences training with the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo.: D-Series maneuvers; participation in the Battle of Bulge.
Victor T. Eklund oral history
Waldo E. Sweet Papers
Collection contains memoirs: wedding of Waldo and Betty Sweet (1943); memoirs of Betty Sweet at Camp Hale, Colo. (1943-1944); copy of: A Trooper Takes a Wife from Ski Illustrated magazine (February 1945).
Wallace I. Barkeen Papers
The collection contains b/w photographs and negatives taken at Camp Hale, Colo.: MGM filming (March 1944); engineer and general camp training (ca.1943-1944); August Barkeen (Wallace Barkeen's father) (ca.1943).
Wally Barkeen oral history
Walter C. Siems Papers
Collection contains newspaper clippings (1943-1945), Camp Hale stationary and photographs (1943).
WALTER L. GALSON PAPERS
Walter M. Balch Papers
The collection contains photographs, telegrams, clippings, pamphlets from Kiska Island and Italy.
Walter M. Chapman oral history
- Subject: Camp Hale (Colo.) X
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 367
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 322
- Ski troops. 292
- Camp Hale (Colo.) 195
- Oral histories (document genres) 153
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 153
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- History. 147
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. 130
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. 129
- Camp Swift (Tex.) 128
- DVDs 127
- Photographs 101
- Mini-DV 86
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. 80
- Correspondence 79
- Clippings (information artifacts) 65
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- History. 64
- Soldiers -- United States -- Pictorial works. 60
- Military records 57
- Personal papers 54 + ∧ less
- English 360
- German 10
- Japanese 4
- Italian 2
- French 1
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews. 119
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th. 73
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th. 64
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 52
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Interviews. 50
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) 44
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. 36
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 33
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Interviews. 33
- Kealy, Abbie, 29
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Interviews. 29
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 28
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 21
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 19
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th. 18
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Pictorial works. 18
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 90th. 14
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 13
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Pictorial works. 11
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Archives. 10 + ∧ less