Showing Collections: 61 - 90 of 517
The collection contains articles, clippings, snapshots, postcards and military photographs documenting the 10th Mountain Division in Italy; photographs of Camp Hale, Colo.; Peterson's service in Korea (1943-1953).
Collection contains assorted black and white photographs of the 87th Mountain Infantry Division at Ft. Lewis, Wash. and Camp Hale, Colo. during ski troop training, 87th G.T. choir, mules and leisure time (1941-1942). Many of the individuals are identified.
Collection includes scrapbook materials, change of address material, copies of photos and ephemera.
The collection includes Cochran's military records and clothing inventories (1943-1945) and correspondence (1943-1945).
Collection contains a photo album with approximately 80 photographs, some identified. Photo subjects include Camp Carson, Colo.; Camp Hale, Colo.; Camp Swift, Tex. and Italy; photographs of soldiers, training exercises, mules and mule packing and artillery firing exercises.
The collection contains correspondence (1944); ephemera and memorabilia (ca.1945); military records (1944-1945).
The collection contains correspondence and other materials related to Webb's recruitment to the Mountain Troops (1942).
The collection contains copies of three memoirs written by Hampton: "I acquire a 35mm camera" (2003), "Capturing German liquor warehouse" (2003), "Mountains and Men I've Known, A Skier's Story" (1992); photographs of Camp Hale, Colo. (1943-1944), photographs and negatives of the Italian Campaign (1945); digital images of 1st Squad, 1st Platoon, Company H, 86th Infantry (n.d), CD-ROM with images from the Camp Hale, Leadville and Cooper Hill reunion activities (2003).
Collection contains photographs of training at Camp Hale, Colo.
Collection contains newspaper clippings related to Engle's death (1945), correspondence and general order concering the posthumous award of the Bronze Star (1945), b/w photos and negatives of Engle at training camp (ca.1944).
This collection contains materials from Charles W. Thweatt detailed his experiences and responsibilities in the 10th Mountain Division of the United States Army during World War II. Content includes military records, photographic prints, correspondence, and newspaper clippings collected during the war and later on in his life.
Collection contains 9 photographs of Camp Hale, Colo.: summer parade, training; and some of scenery around Kiska, Alaska. Some are identified.
The collection contains clippings (n.d.); and copies of Campbell's military papers (1941-1945).
Collection contains Dorsch's honorable discharge; separation qualification record; military papers (1943-1946); copies of newspaper clippings (1944-1945); b/w photos of Camp Hale, South Pacific (1943-1945); Basic field manual and soldier's handbook (1941); A prayer book for soldiers and sailors by Church pension fund (1943).
Collection contains 28 b/w photographs of the 126th Mountain Engineering Battalion; separation papers.
The interview provides information and personal observations about Hitt's experiences: raid on Pianosinatico and Hill 913; his friend Robert Moresco, time before he was sent to Italy and being killed in action on Hill 913; traveling back to Italy to visit some of the places that remembered from the war; meeting with Moresco's son and daughter in Italy to place a memorial plaque in their father's honor; February 1945 battle to take Belvedere and a wallet he found on a dead German soldier.
The collection contains maps of Kiska Island, Alaska drawn by Schroeder (1943).
The collection contains copies of black and white photographs with notes and/or captions added. Subjects include: mule training (1944); images taken at Riva Ridge, Italy (1945).
The presentation includes 80 Microsoft PowerPoint slides drawn primarily from the 10th Mountain Division Resource Center collection and spans the World War II Division's history from conception to inactivation (1940-1945). Topics include: early organization at Fort Lewis, Wash.; mountain and winter warfare training at Camp Hale, Colo.; reorganization at Camp Swift, Tex.. Also included are combat operations at Kiska Island in the Aleutians and the Division's Italian Campaign.
The materials include correspondence containing Andavall's recollections about WWII (2002); scrapbook; copies of photographs, newspaper clippings (1943-1954, 2003).
Collection contains approximately 350 black and white, and color photos of individuals, groups, activities and training at Kiska, in Italy and Yugoslavia (October 1942-November 1945) and the Vail reunion (1983); 74 35mm color slides of Camp Hale, Colo. and 23 35mm color slides of Italy (n.d.).
The interview provides information and personal observations about Rios' experiences: basic training at Camp Roberts, Calif. as a member of the mortar group; landing at Kiska Island and staying until December 1943; arriving at Camp Hale in January 1944 and time spent at Camp Hale and Camp Swift; being dispatched to Italy and intense German fire in April 1945; description of a friend who was killed in action; time spent in San Michel after the war.
The collection contains the following materials: correspondence (1945); military papers (1946-1948); memorabilia, maps, military ephemera (ca. 1945); pamphlets, manuals (ca. 1944); scrapbook with photographs (1943-1945).
Collection contains 78 b/w photographs of Kiska operations (1943); 32 b/w photographs of Camp Gogebic, Mich. (1943); 48 b/w photographs of Camp Hale, Colo. (ca.1943-1944).
The interview provides information and personal observations by Alwine about basic training and his "D" series training at Camp Hale. He also describes landing at Naples, and his transfer to Vidiciatico, where he stayed in an Italian Dr.'s house. He further discusses the ascent up Riva Ridge, Po Valley, Lake Garda and the DUKW.
The interview provides information and personal observations about Kennerly's background, military training and experiences during World War II.
The collection contains a selection of correspondence, recollections (1998); photograph (1998), clippings (1998, 2003); military records (1945); oral history index (n.d.); diary (1945); pocket notebook (1945); copies of three memoirs written by Kennerly: "A brief history of the ski troops" (n.d.), "Belvedere the bloodying" (1945), and "War diary ..." (1945); audiocasette of Earl Clark and Dan Kennerly (n.d.).
- Subject: Camp Hale (Colo.) X
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 367
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 322
- Ski troops. 293
- Camp Hale (Colo.) 195
- Oral histories (document genres) 153
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 153
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- History. 147
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. 130
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. 129
- Camp Swift (Tex.) 128
- DVDs 127
- Photographs 101
- Mini-DV 86
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. 80
- Correspondence 79
- Clippings (information artifacts) 65
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- History. 64
- Soldiers -- United States -- Pictorial works. 60
- Military records 57
- Personal papers 54 + ∧ less
- English 362
- German 10
- Japanese 4
- Italian 2
- French 1
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews. 119
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th. 73
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th. 64
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 52
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Interviews. 50
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) 44
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. 36
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 33
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Interviews. 33
- Kealy, Abbie, 29
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Interviews. 29
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 28
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 21
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 19
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th. 18
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Pictorial works. 18
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 90th. 14
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 13
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Pictorial works. 11
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Archives. 10 + ∧ less