Showing Collections: 91 - 120 of 517
Collection contains photographs and postcards documenting Phillips service with the 10th Mountain Division (1942-1945). Some of the image have been identified.
The interview provides information and personal observations about Francis E. Williams as told by his son David D. Williams: 10th Mountain Division experiences at Kiska Island, Camp Hale, Colo., and Italy; experiencing Army training, combat, and life in the military and the effect this had on Francis Williams.
The collection includes biographical information (1945, 1946); correspondence (1988).
Collection contains correspondence, biographical information, newspaper clippings, obituary, memorial tributes and photographs.
The collection contains assorted newspaper clippings and a reprint of an article from the Sierra Club Bulletin: "Pursuit in the Alps" (1946).
The interview provides information and personal observations about Snell's experiences: training at Camp Hale and handling cold weather; role as a platoon leader; how orders were given and followed during combat; an Italian farmhouse used as an outpost to prevent German soldiers from reaching the Po Valley; current residents (2003) and location for the farmhouse; two soldiers he knew and respected: John WInchester and Ben Duke.
Collection contains memoir: My Father, Soldier (2016). Memoir based on information collected by son, Michael P. Peterson.
Collection contains approximately 200 letters sent by Davol during WWII (1943-1945).
Numerous photographs are interspersed as Todd discusses his memories and observations on Camp Hale, Colo.; "D" series; Leghorn, Italy; Prunetta, Italy; Mt. Belvedere; Hill 913; requiem for Ted Simon; Lake Garda; his personal life and family after the war to the present. DVD chapter titles: The Army; The Camera; Camp Hale; D-Series; Italy; Prunetta; Ted Simon; Hill 913; Lake Garda; Victory; After the War.
Collection contains undated copies of two memoirs by Hubbard: The Military Experience of a Cavalryman (17 pages); The Last Mounted Cavalry Pistol Charge (13 pages).
Collection includes copy of Forker's ski qualification scores (1943), correspondence of his recollections of the Italian Campaign (copies, 1989-2001), photographs of Company B 86th Regiment and training at Camp Hale (1943-1945), sketches of regimental crests, and a watercolor painting by Forker of the Camp Hale barracks and the view from hillside above the camp (1989), color photograph of Donald and Juanita Forker (ca.2000) .
Collection contains a scrapbook with an activities log for Company I of the 86th (February-March 1945), military papers, code of conversation, bulletins, photographs.
Collection contains photographs of Camp Hale, Colo.; Camp Swift, Tex.; and during the Italian Campaign (1943-1945) with many individuals identified. Four large photographic contact sheets, loose pages with clippings and articles attached.
The collection consists of copies of two photographs of Dwight Carlton Williams.
Collection contains a copy of Motley's memoir: Memoirs of Six Months by E. P. Motley.
Collection contains military service questionnaire (n.d.); Kiska invasion maps (1943); photographs of the Kiska occupation (1943), training at Mt. Rainier (1942), Camp Hale, Colo. (1943-1944).
The collection contains photographic negatives taken by Lidh of Camp Carson, Colo., Camp Hale, Colo., Cooper Hill Sky Area, Leadville, Colo. and the 38th Regimental Combat Team during training (1947-1948).
The materials include: correspondence (n.d.); manuscript by Payne: "Ed's War: 1939-1945" (2006).
Collection contains 10 photographs of Camp Hale, Colo. and surrounding areas (ca.1943). People and places are well identified.
Includes Redle photograph, rosters, notes, articles dealing with Company K, 85th Infantry Regiment (copies)
The interview provides information and personal observations about Little's experiences: personal interest in the 10th Mountain Division while in high school, being drafted and applying for the division, letters of recommendation; personal experiences at Camp Hale and Camp Swift; conditions on the USS West Point; nights spent digging fox holes while being shelled by German 88mm artillery at Belvedere; patrols and final experiences at Mount della Spe.
- Subject: Camp Hale (Colo.) X
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 367
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 322
- Ski troops. 293
- Camp Hale (Colo.) 195
- Oral histories (document genres) 153
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 153
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- History. 147
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. 130
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. 129
- Camp Swift (Tex.) 128
- DVDs 127
- Photographs 101
- Mini-DV 86
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. 80
- Correspondence 79
- Clippings (information artifacts) 65
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- History. 64
- Soldiers -- United States -- Pictorial works. 60
- Military records 57
- Personal papers 54 + ∧ less
- English 362
- German 10
- Japanese 4
- Italian 2
- French 1
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews. 119
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th. 73
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th. 64
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 52
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Interviews. 50
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) 44
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. 36
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 33
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Interviews. 33
- Kealy, Abbie, 29
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Interviews. 29
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 28
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 21
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 19
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th. 18
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Pictorial works. 18
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 90th. 14
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 13
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Pictorial works. 11
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Archives. 10 + ∧ less