Showing Collections: 91 - 120 of 512
David Dennis Williams oral history
The interview provides information and personal observations about Francis E. Williams as told by his son David D. Williams: 10th Mountain Division experiences at Kiska Island, Camp Hale, Colo., and Italy; experiencing Army training, combat, and life in the military and the effect this had on Francis Williams.
David L. Ruffner Papers
The collection includes biographical information (1945, 1946); correspondence (1988).
David M. Fowler Papers
Collection contains correspondence, biographical information, newspaper clippings, obituary, memorial tributes and photographs.
David R. Brower Papers
The collection contains assorted newspaper clippings and a reprint of an article from the Sierra Club Bulletin: "Pursuit in the Alps" (1946).
DENIS P. NUNAN PAPERS
Dillon C. Snell oral history
The interview provides information and personal observations about Snell's experiences: training at Camp Hale and handling cold weather; role as a platoon leader; how orders were given and followed during combat; an Italian farmhouse used as an outpost to prevent German soldiers from reaching the Po Valley; current residents (2003) and location for the farmhouse; two soldiers he knew and respected: John WInchester and Ben Duke.
Donald Albert Petersen Papers
Collection contains memoir: My Father, Soldier (2016). Memoir based on information collected by son, Michael P. Peterson.
Donald B. Davol Papers
Collection contains approximately 200 letters sent by Davol during WWII (1943-1945).
Donald F. Todd oral history
Numerous photographs are interspersed as Todd discusses his memories and observations on Camp Hale, Colo.; "D" series; Leghorn, Italy; Prunetta, Italy; Mt. Belvedere; Hill 913; requiem for Ted Simon; Lake Garda; his personal life and family after the war to the present. DVD chapter titles: The Army; The Camera; Camp Hale; D-Series; Italy; Prunetta; Ted Simon; Hill 913; Lake Garda; Victory; After the War.
Donald J. Hubbard Papers
Collection contains undated copies of two memoirs by Hubbard: The Military Experience of a Cavalryman (17 pages); The Last Mounted Cavalry Pistol Charge (13 pages).
Donald L. Kitzman oral history
Donald M. Dwyer oral history
Donald M. Forker Papers
Collection includes copy of Forker's ski qualification scores (1943), correspondence of his recollections of the Italian Campaign (copies, 1989-2001), photographs of Company B 86th Regiment and training at Camp Hale (1943-1945), sketches of regimental crests, and a watercolor painting by Forker of the Camp Hale barracks and the view from hillside above the camp (1989), color photograph of Donald and Juanita Forker (ca.2000) .
Donald R. "Bernie" Dallas Papers
Collection contains a scrapbook with an activities log for Company I of the 86th (February-March 1945), military papers, code of conversation, bulletins, photographs.
Douglas R. Horth oral history
Duryea Morton oral history
Duryea Morton Papers
Collection contains photographs of Camp Hale, Colo.; Camp Swift, Tex.; and during the Italian Campaign (1943-1945) with many individuals identified. Four large photographic contact sheets, loose pages with clippings and articles attached.
Dwight C. Williams Papers
The collection consists of copies of two photographs of Dwight Carlton Williams.
E. Preble Motley Papers
Collection contains a copy of Motley's memoir: Memoirs of Six Months by E. P. Motley.
Earl Clark, Malcolm MacKenzie and H. Newcomb Eldredge oral history
EARL E. CLARK PAPERS
Earl R. Griffin Papers
Collection contains military service questionnaire (n.d.); Kiska invasion maps (1943); photographs of the Kiska occupation (1943), training at Mt. Rainier (1942), Camp Hale, Colo. (1943-1944).
Earl R. Lidh, Jr. Papers
The collection contains photographic negatives taken by Lidh of Camp Carson, Colo., Camp Hale, Colo., Cooper Hill Sky Area, Leadville, Colo. and the 38th Regimental Combat Team during training (1947-1948).
Edgar E. Payne Papers
The materials include: correspondence (n.d.); manuscript by Payne: "Ed's War: 1939-1945" (2006).
Edmund A. Schramko Papers
Collection contains 10 photographs of Camp Hale, Colo. and surrounding areas (ca.1943). People and places are well identified.
Edmund Minikel Papers
Edward J. Flabetich oral history
Edward J. Redle Papers
Includes Redle photograph, rosters, notes, articles dealing with Company K, 85th Infantry Regiment (copies)
Edward J. "Ted" Little oral history
The interview provides information and personal observations about Little's experiences: personal interest in the 10th Mountain Division while in high school, being drafted and applying for the division, letters of recommendation; personal experiences at Camp Hale and Camp Swift; conditions on the USS West Point; nights spent digging fox holes while being shelled by German 88mm artillery at Belvedere; patrols and final experiences at Mount della Spe.
Edward P. Kindinger Papers
Collection contains 44 black and white photos (some identified) of training and views at Camp Hale, Colo.
- Subject: Camp Hale (Colo.) X
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 367
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 321
- Ski troops. 290
- Camp Hale (Colo.) 195
- Oral histories (document genres) 153
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 153
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- History. 147
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. 130
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. 129
- Camp Swift (Tex.) 128
- DVDs 127
- Photographs 99
- Mini-DV 86
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. 80
- Correspondence 78
- Clippings (information artifacts) 65
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- History. 64
- Soldiers -- United States -- Pictorial works. 60
- Military records 55
- Personal papers 52 + ∧ less
- English 357
- German 10
- Japanese 4
- Italian 2
- French 1
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews. 119
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th. 73
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th. 64
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 52
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Interviews. 50
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) 44
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. 36
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 33
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Interviews. 33
- Kealy, Abbie, 29
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Interviews. 29
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 28
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 21
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 19
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th. 18
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Pictorial works. 18
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 90th. 14
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 13
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Pictorial works. 11
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Archives. 10 + ∧ less