Showing Collections: 181 - 210 of 517
Collection contains Ripley's photo album with 24 black and white photographs of skiing and rock climbing at Camp Hale, Colo.; aerial tramway at Riva Ridge, Italy; General Mark Clark. A file of personal papers, including military orders, maps, and Riva Ridge insignia.
The interview provides information and personal observations about Nash's experiences: early years; training at Camp Hale and skiing; combat experiences around Lake Garda; on subsequent trips to Italy he visits a house were he stayed; four of his brothers were also in various military units during WWII.
Items in the collection include copies of 15 black and white photographs (1943-1945); copy of a letter from William H. Cruickshank to Charles Craig about his father Gordon A. Craig (2002); biographical sketch by Charles Craig (2008).
The collection consists of a scrapbook of postcards, newspaper clippings, information on training at Camp Swift, Tex., actions of the 85th Mountain Infantry Regiment, Italian Campaign, and pin-up series of "Mountains of the Week" (1943-1945).
The collection contains the following biographical materials: articles, clippings related to Stimson's career as a mortgage banker (1969-1970); "Operation Mule" by Gordon Stimson (n.d.); "Gordon Stimson: Autobiographical Notes and Letters" (1999); 68 color slides depicting Kiska, Adak, Attu and Dutch Habor in the Aleutian Island with numerous soldiers of the 87th Mountain Infantry Regiment identified (n.d.).
The collection contains Kerr's wartime scrapbook containing clippings, photographs and correspondence that had been compiled by his mother (1942-1945).
The interview provides information and personal observations about Eldrege's experiences as a member of the 10th Mountain Division.
The interview provides information and personal observations about Krear's experiences: Camp Hale, Colo. and training, especially the D-Series; combat operations at Mount Belvedere, Lake Garda and in Italy; fellow soldiers: Stuart Abbott, John WInchester; Italian civilians; DUKW vehicles; Verona liberation; battle for the Po River.
Collection contains copies of Krear's memoirs: Journal of a U.S. Army mountain ski trooper in World War II, Memoirs of field maneuvers at Camp Hale; correspondence, b/w photographs, military documents and booklets, menus, newspaper and magazine articles featuring Krear, and a Shield Bible Krear carried.
The collection contains family correspondence (1943-1945); ephemera (1945, 1976-1984); annotated maps (n.d.); copy of U.S. Military History Institute Survey (1995).
The collection contains military papers (1943-1945); personal papers (1982); correspondence (1943-1945); and ephemera (1943).
Collection includes biography compiled by David L. Miller (ca.1990s), military papers (1944), rosters (1944), correspondence (1992), and copies of photographs (n.d.).
Collection contains photographs, sketches, articles mounted on matte board to form a poster (montage) depicting Hans Moser's life and accomplishments (assembled by Lloyd Black).
The interview provides information and personal observations about Hanson's experiences as a member of the 99th Infantry Battalion (Separate): training at Camp Hale, Colo.; speaking Norwegian; being sent to Scotland in Sept. 1943; being sent to Normandy as replacements; German resistance; fighting in the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany; Aachen, Germany and the discovery of gold and art treasures in the Merkers salt mine; Paris, France; travel to Oslo, Norway from La Havre, France.
Collection contains photographs that document Iron's life as a soldier as a member of the 10th Mountain Division (1943-1945). Included are images of training and personnel at Camp Hale, Colo. Additional views depict the Lake Garda area of Northern Italy. A limited number of photographs have been identified.
The interview provides information and personal observations about Dusenbery's experiences: early life; training at Camp Hale, Colo.; D-Series maneuvers, combat experiences in Italy.
The collection contains black and white photographs and negatives from Camp Swift, Tex. Individuals identified include: Harris Haffner, Arthur May, Milton Lagerquest and Arthur Emmer (1944); copy of Haffner's 2014 memoir: A Brief Narrative of the Military Experiences of Harris I. Haffner while serving in B Battery of the 604th Field Artillery Battalion of the 10th Mountain Division in World War II (1943-1946), 3 CD-Roms with scans of pages from John Litchfield 2007 Commemorative Book.
The interview provides information and personal observations about Coleman's experiences: climbing Riva Ridge and the battle that followed.
Collection contains Silver Star citations for men of the 10th Mountain Division (1945), correspondence (1945-1998), information requests related to Silver Star medals (1946-1998), discharge papers for various veterans (1946), newspaper clippings (1950s), and Coleman award ceremony, Fanano, Italy: photographs, clippings, correspondence (June 2012).
The collection contains military papers (1941-1945); copies of postcards (ca.1945).
Collection contains photographs of Camp Swift, Tex.; Gore Range, Colo.; Italy; Camp Hale, Colo.; Leadville, Colo. and 45 candid photographs of men, groups, training at Camp Hale (1943-1945). Additional ephemera includes a watercolor of mules (n.d.), general order, separation papers and travel tickets.
Collection contains wartime correspondence (V-Mail, postcards), correspondence regarding donation, meal ticket, menu, memoirs, citation, Army Hour (radio broadcast, script, copy, original) and newspaper clipping.
The collection contains a copy of Poschman's memoir: "The Birth and Death of the 10th Mountain" (1983), clippings (2004); and correspondence (n.d.).
- Subject: Camp Hale (Colo.) X
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 367
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 322
- Ski troops. 293
- Camp Hale (Colo.) 195
- Oral histories (document genres) 153
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 153
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- History. 147
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. 130
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. 129
- Camp Swift (Tex.) 128
- DVDs 127
- Photographs 101
- Mini-DV 86
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. 80
- Correspondence 79
- Clippings (information artifacts) 65
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- History. 64
- Soldiers -- United States -- Pictorial works. 60
- Military records 57
- Personal papers 54 + ∧ less
- English 362
- German 10
- Japanese 4
- Italian 2
- French 1
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews. 119
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th. 73
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th. 64
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 52
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Interviews. 50
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. 36
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 33
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Interviews. 33
- Kealy, Abbie, 29
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Interviews. 29
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 28
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 21
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 19
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th. 18
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Pictorial works. 18
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 90th. 14
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 13
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Pictorial works. 11
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Archives. 10
- Hampton, Myrna, 8 + ∧ less