Showing Collections: 211 - 240 of 517
The collection contains family correspondence (Mar. 1943-Dec. 1945); journal (Dec. 1944-Aug. 1945).
The interview provides information and personal observations about Klingman's experiences: traveling, food service, and accommodations; being wounded in Italy, hospital stay; meeting German prisoners at the end of the war.
The collection contains two diaries written by Spies during military training at Camp Hale, Colo. (1944) and while on tour of duty in Italy (Jan.-Aug., 1945); 37 b/w photographs of soldiers and military maneuvers at Camp Hale, Colo., furloughs to Leadville, Idaho Springs, Colorado Springs, and Denver, Colo. (1943-1944).
Discusses the life and service of Roy Tucker Moore who served in the same company in the 10th Mountain Division. Ross Raney is Mr. Moore's grandson. Both men served in Northern Italy during WWII. Moore was killed by a sniper when they were dug in on a forward slope of the Appennine Ranges. Eisenstein talks about the events and conditions leading up to and following Moore's death. He also talks about training at Camp Hale and Camp Swift, and about his own service during the war.
The interview provides information and personal observations about Schneider's experiences: trip to Italy from Newport News, Va.; belief that the Division helped bring the war to an end more quickly; after the war ended, his return to his place of birth in Austria.
The interview provides information and personal observations about Durfee's time at Camp Swift, Tex., Camp Patrick Henry before being shipped to Italy, his ship and arrival in Naples, injured soldiers and the death of a soldier due to friendly fire, being injured on March 3, 1945 from friendly artillery fire, time and recovery in the field hospital.
The collection contains correspondence (1943-1945, 1986, 1999); OCS Class #359 photo (1944); copies of photographs (1945) and a copy of Koch's memoir (1999, 2002); copy of The Damn Tree Leaks by cartoonist Bill Mauldin used as an autograph album by members of Company C, 86th Infantry Regiment (ca.1945).
Collection contains obituary and memorials; copies of photographs; play script; citation; clippings; memoir; copy of journal; reports; correspondence, newsletter.
The collection contains Goldenberg's scrapbook with clippings, copies of his military records (1943-1945); family correspondence (1943-1945, 1968); copy of his memoirs: Recollection of 1945 (1999); ephemera; propaganda leaflets.
The collection contains Miller's scrapbook with clippings, transport meal ticket, magazine articles, copies of the "Blizzard," postcards.
The interview provides information and personal observations about Dumm's training experience at Camp Hale. At the time of the interview, Dumm was 96 years old. His son helped during the interview and reminded him of stories he had told in the past.
The collection contains a CD-ROM of 204 black and white photographs of military training at Camp Hale, Colo. and Camp Swift, Tex. (1943-1944).
Collection contains photocopies of photographs, newspaper clippings, Japanese propaganda leaflets, hand-drawn maps, and correspondence collected by Wikane.
Although Carroll's biographical information has not been located, the collection does include a copy of his Camp Hale identity card (1945) and two military reports authored by Carroll: "Feeding the Multitudes in the Mountains" and "Dismantling and Salvage: Camp Hale, Pando, Colorado."
The collection contains a scrapbook compiled for Ostergaard by his family containing newspaper clippings, correspondence, ephemera (1945-1946).
The interview provides information and personal observations about Jack Van Brunt's experiences training at Camp Hale, Colo. and Fort Carson, Colo. when he was assigned to the Mountain and Cold Weather Training Center
Roynon's scrapbook contains his military and personal papers, including selective service papers (1943); discharge papers (1945); Italian Campaign materials (1945); clippings; correspondence; German military medal.
The collection contains family correspondence (1943-1945); a pamphlet on Camp Hale, Colo. (n.d.); memoir written by his wife, Jean Lindemann: "Another Perspective - An Untold Story" (2001).
Collection contains photographs (1942, n.d.); discharge papers (1945); clippings (1986-2007); copy of Goodwin's memoir: And gladly guide, reflections on a life in the mountains (2003); untitled manuscript (n.d.); interview transcript (2004).
The collection contains Fetzer's scrapbook with clippings, many from the Denver Post and Rocky Mountain News on the 5th Army and the 10th Mountain Division, Italian Campaign and military training.
Collection contains 56 color slides of Italy, WWII, training, rock climbing, post war reunion (1942-1945, 1950-1951, 1985); b/w photographs of Kiska, Camp Hale and the Italian Campaign (1943-1945).
- Subject: Camp Hale (Colo.) X
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 367
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 322
- Ski troops. 293
- Camp Hale (Colo.) 195
- Oral histories (document genres) 153
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 153
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- History. 147
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. 130
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. 129
- Camp Swift (Tex.) 128
- DVDs 127
- Photographs 101
- Mini-DV 86
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. 80
- Correspondence 79
- Clippings (information artifacts) 65
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- History. 64
- Soldiers -- United States -- Pictorial works. 60
- Military records 57
- Personal papers 54 + ∧ less
- English 362
- German 10
- Japanese 4
- Italian 2
- French 1
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews. 119
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th. 73
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th. 64
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 52
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Interviews. 50
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) 44
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. 36
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 33
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Interviews. 33
- Kealy, Abbie, 29
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Interviews. 29
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 28
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 21
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 19
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th. 18
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Pictorial works. 18
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 90th. 14
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 13
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Pictorial works. 11
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Archives. 10 + ∧ less