Showing Collections: 211 - 240 of 512
Henry C. Klingman oral history
The interview provides information and personal observations about Klingman's experiences: traveling, food service, and accommodations; being wounded in Italy, hospital stay; meeting German prisoners at the end of the war.
Henry S. Spies Papers
The collection contains two diaries written by Spies during military training at Camp Hale, Colo. (1944) and while on tour of duty in Italy (Jan.-Aug., 1945); 37 b/w photographs of soldiers and military maneuvers at Camp Hale, Colo., furloughs to Leadville, Idaho Springs, Colorado Springs, and Denver, Colo. (1943-1944).
Herbert J. Rasor Papers
Herbert S. Eisenstein oral history
Discusses the life and service of Roy Tucker Moore who served in the same company in the 10th Mountain Division. Ross Raney is Mr. Moore's grandson. Both men served in Northern Italy during WWII. Moore was killed by a sniper when they were dug in on a forward slope of the Appennine Ranges. Eisenstein talks about the events and conditions leading up to and following Moore's death. He also talks about training at Camp Hale and Camp Swift, and about his own service during the war.
Herbert Schneider oral history
The interview provides information and personal observations about Schneider's experiences: trip to Italy from Newport News, Va.; belief that the Division helped bring the war to an end more quickly; after the war ended, his return to his place of birth in Austria.
Horton K. Durfee oral history
The interview provides information and personal observations about Durfee's time at Camp Swift, Tex., Camp Patrick Henry before being shipped to Italy, his ship and arrival in Naples, injured soldiers and the death of a soldier due to friendly fire, being injured on March 3, 1945 from friendly artillery fire, time and recovery in the field hospital.
Howard Harvey oral history
Howard R. Koch Papers
The collection contains correspondence (1943-1945, 1986, 1999); OCS Class #359 photo (1944); copies of photographs (1945) and a copy of Koch's memoir (1999, 2002); copy of The Damn Tree Leaks by cartoonist Bill Mauldin used as an autograph album by members of Company C, 86th Infantry Regiment (ca.1945).
Hugh H. Bruner Papers
Collection contains obituary and memorials; copies of photographs; play script; citation; clippings; memoir; copy of journal; reports; correspondence, newsletter.
Hunter L. Slugg oral history
Hyman Goldenberg Papers
The collection contains Goldenberg's scrapbook with clippings, copies of his military records (1943-1945); family correspondence (1943-1945, 1968); copy of his memoirs: Recollection of 1945 (1999); ephemera; propaganda leaflets.
Irving Miller Papers
The collection contains Miller's scrapbook with clippings, transport meal ticket, magazine articles, copies of the "Blizzard," postcards.
J. Harold Dumm Oral History
The interview provides information and personal observations about Dumm's training experience at Camp Hale. At the time of the interview, Dumm was 96 years old. His son helped during the interview and reminded him of stories he had told in the past.
J. Harold Dumm Papers
The collection contains a CD-ROM of 204 black and white photographs of military training at Camp Hale, Colo. and Camp Swift, Tex. (1943-1944).
J. Harry Wikane Papers
Collection contains photocopies of photographs, newspaper clippings, Japanese propaganda leaflets, hand-drawn maps, and correspondence collected by Wikane.
J. Hunter Carroll Papers
Although Carroll's biographical information has not been located, the collection does include a copy of his Camp Hale identity card (1945) and two military reports authored by Carroll: "Feeding the Multitudes in the Mountains" and "Dismantling and Salvage: Camp Hale, Pando, Colorado."
J. Kroy Ostergaard Papers
The collection contains a scrapbook compiled for Ostergaard by his family containing newspaper clippings, correspondence, ephemera (1945-1946).
Jack C. Culbreath oral history
JACK R. SMOLENSKE PAPERS
Jack Van Brunt oral history
The interview provides information and personal observations about Jack Van Brunt's experiences training at Camp Hale, Colo. and Fort Carson, Colo. when he was assigned to the Mountain and Cold Weather Training Center
Jackson B. Roynon Papers
Roynon's scrapbook contains his military and personal papers, including selective service papers (1943); discharge papers (1945); Italian Campaign materials (1945); clippings; correspondence; German military medal.
Jacob R. Nunnemacher Papers
The collection contains family correspondence (1943-1945); a pamphlet on Camp Hale, Colo. (n.d.); memoir written by his wife, Jean Lindemann: "Another Perspective - An Untold Story" (2001).
James A. Goodwin Papers
Collection contains photographs (1942, n.d.); discharge papers (1945); clippings (1986-2007); copy of Goodwin's memoir: And gladly guide, reflections on a life in the mountains (2003); untitled manuscript (n.d.); interview transcript (2004).
James B. Fetzer Papers
The collection contains Fetzer's scrapbook with clippings, many from the Denver Post and Rocky Mountain News on the 5th Army and the 10th Mountain Division, Italian Campaign and military training.
James B. Hadley Papers
James C. Merritt Papers
Collection contains 56 color slides of Italy, WWII, training, rock climbing, post war reunion (1942-1945, 1950-1951, 1985); b/w photographs of Kiska, Camp Hale and the Italian Campaign (1943-1945).
James D. Arnaud Papers
James Gilronan Papers
James Harry Penrose Jr. Papers
The collection contains a scrapbook of articles, clippings about the Italian and Kiska Island campaigns. There is also original correspondence, memoir, officer's notebook, cartoons and photographs of Kiska Island, Alaska and Camp Hale, Colo. (1943-1945).
James I. Winterbottom Papers
The collection contains correspondence, letters of recommendation (n.d.); newspaper clippings regarding Silver Star (1945); military papers and honorable discharge (1945); postwar memoirs (n.d.) and biographical sketch.
- Subject: Camp Hale (Colo.) X
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 367
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 321
- Ski troops. 290
- Camp Hale (Colo.) 195
- Oral histories (document genres) 153
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 153
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- History. 147
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. 130
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. 129
- Camp Swift (Tex.) 128
- DVDs 127
- Photographs 99
- Mini-DV 86
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. 80
- Correspondence 78
- Clippings (information artifacts) 65
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- History. 64
- Soldiers -- United States -- Pictorial works. 60
- Military records 55
- Personal papers 52 + ∧ less
- English 357
- German 10
- Japanese 4
- Italian 2
- French 1
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews. 119
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th. 73
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th. 64
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 52
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Interviews. 50
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) 44
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. 36
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 33
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Interviews. 33
- Kealy, Abbie, 29
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Interviews. 29
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 28
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 21
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 19
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th. 18
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Pictorial works. 18
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 90th. 14
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 13
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Pictorial works. 11
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Archives. 10 + ∧ less