Showing Collections: 241 - 270 of 517
The collection contains a scrapbook of articles, clippings about the Italian and Kiska Island campaigns. There is also original correspondence, memoir, officer's notebook, cartoons and photographs of Kiska Island, Alaska and Camp Hale, Colo. (1943-1945).
The collection contains correspondence, letters of recommendation (n.d.); newspaper clippings regarding Silver Star (1945); military papers and honorable discharge (1945); postwar memoirs (n.d.) and biographical sketch.
The collection contains a copy of Roger's military records (1944); memoirs and poem (ca. 2003); 2 CD-ROMs containing digital images of the Italian Reunion (2006); photographic prints of unspecific reunion activities (n.d.).
Collection contains 13 color and b/w photographs of members of Company L, 87th Infantry Regiment (1943).
The collection contains a scrapbook with clippings and other memorabilia (ca.1943-1945).
Collection contains National Association of the 10th Mountain Division materials: correspondence, reunion information, scholarship subcommittee notes, minutes, notes, chapter information, personal papers of other 10th Mountain members, brochures.
The interview provides information and personal observations about Hill's experiences about being drafted at 18 and basic training in a machine gun unit in Calif.; being assigned to the 10th Mountain Division and his first impressions of Camp Hale; unable to complete "D" series due to frostbite; being assigned as needed to different regiments, but fought with the 86th Infantry Regiment in Italy; impressions of being in the service.
Collection consists of a letter written to his mother while Youmans was in Italy.
Includes photocopies of news articles, and clippings, photocopies of photographs and letters about John and Walter Kasabuski.
The interview provides information and personal observations about Woodward's experiences: ski training at Mt. Rainier and his role as head of the ski school; experimentation with ski equipment and techniques; how skiing techniques were used at Camp Hale, Colo.; ski instruction films made by Otto Lang; experiences in Italy with an abandoned German tank; racing for the University of Washington after the war.
Collection contains correspondence, prayer book, ephemera (1943-1945).
The collection contains family correspondence (n.d., 1980s, 1990s); copies of maps (1945); copies of photographs (1943-1945); 10th Mountain Division related ephemera (n.d.).
The collection documents Magrath's Medal of Honor award and the monuments erected in his honor. Materials span 1943 to 2000 and include newspaper clippings, citations, orders, memorial service programs and manuscript drafts. Limited correspondence completes the collection.
Collection contains copy prints of original photographs taken between 1943-1944 and organized into three sections: training at Camp Carson; march from Carson to Camp Hale; and training at Camp Hale; followed by related ephemera. The photographs are well organized and identified.
Collection contains copies of Fitzgerald's memoir: Memoirs of a Ski-Trooper, 1942-1945 (1995), as well as a copy of: Italian Journal - 1982 (1982) by Jean Fitzgerald.
Collection contains biographical information (1945), citation (1947), correspondence and commendation (1945, 1943), military reports and correspondence (1943-1945, 1999), photographs of Camp Hale, Colo. and Kiska Island (1943), portraits (1947, 2002).
Collection contains two interviews recorded on two audiocassettes: 1. Provides information and personal observations about Caster's experiences with the 10th Mountain Division during World War II (January 11, 1993) -- 2. Contains comments about the Vail Ski Trooper statue project (May 23, 1995).
Discusses Pierpont at Camp Hale in December of 1942. Recalls drills and practices in 20 degrees below zero weather. Went to Kiska in July of 1943. Served in Italy taking part in the assault on Mt. Belvedere. Talks about men being killed by minefields and grenades that Germans lobbed when they were pretending to surrender. Recalls partisans who killed Germans at night and his furlough in Rome. Concludes with post war information about the 10th Mountain Division Association.
Collection contains scrapbook (1942-1943), article (1948), clippings (1991-1996), typescripts: "Ski Troops in the Mud" by H. Bradley B. Benedict (1995), memoirs: "The Heroic Fratricides" and "How I Qualified for the Ski Troops" by Jack L. Handy (n.d.), correspondence (n.d.), photographs and photographic post cards (1943, 1980).
Collection contains a photo album with postcards of Italy (ca.1945); discharge papers and a copy of Bill Mauldin's book: The Damn Tree with signatures of men from Company C of the 85th Infantry Regiment.
The interview provides information and personal observations about Litchfield's experiences: as a member of the ski team and 1939 graduating class at Dartmouth College; working at Sun Valley before WW2; basic training at Camp Roberts, Calif.; training at Camp Hale, Colo. and the "D" series; relationship between enlisted men and officers; troop make-up in Italy; experiences with the development of the ski industry in Aspen after the war.
- Subject: Camp Hale (Colo.) X
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 367
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 322
- Ski troops. 293
- Camp Hale (Colo.) 195
- Oral histories (document genres) 153
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 153
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- History. 147
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. 130
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. 129
- Camp Swift (Tex.) 128
- DVDs 127
- Photographs 101
- Mini-DV 86
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. 80
- Correspondence 79
- Clippings (information artifacts) 65
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- History. 64
- Soldiers -- United States -- Pictorial works. 60
- Military records 57
- Personal papers 54 + ∧ less
- English 362
- German 10
- Japanese 4
- Italian 2
- French 1
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews. 119
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th. 73
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th. 64
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 52
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Interviews. 50
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) 44
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. 36
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 33
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Interviews. 33
- Kealy, Abbie, 29
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Interviews. 29
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 28
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 21
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 19
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th. 18
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Pictorial works. 18
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 90th. 14
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 13
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Pictorial works. 11
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Archives. 10 + ∧ less