Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 101
Ephemera from the 10th Mountain Division including such items as: a car tag from Camp Hale, Christmas cards, German map carrying case, Japanese flag, medals, patches, propaganda leaflets (German and Japanese), Visitors pass from Camp Hale, Italian souvenirs and religious material (U.S. and German).
Newspaper collection contains newspapers, articles and headlines that are related to the 10th Mountain Division. Titles include: Avalanche, Blizzard, Camp Hale Ski-Zette, The Rucksack, Camp Carson Mountaineer, Life, Stars and Stripes (Mediterranean edition) and YANK.
Includes pamphlets by various publishers about military and 10th Mountain subjects such as training, travel guides, song books, historical information, campaign information, equipment, poetry and returning to civilian life.
Content includes correspondence from Schenck to family members while at Camp Hale, Colorado; Camp Swift, Texas; and Italy. Also includes illustrations done by Schenck throughout, as well as collected souvenir postcards, newspaper clippings, photographs, Army documents, and other memorabilia. Schenck organized the collection contents chronologically into scrapbooks; this order has been preserved.
Collection contains military papers, meal ticket (1943); transportation pass; correspondence from Fort Bragg, Camp Hale, Camp Swift, V-Mail correspondence and Post War correspondence (1944-1946).
Collection includes correspondence with family members and friends, photographs, post cards, manuscript of A Riflemanʹs Diary by Donald H. Montgomery (1996).
Collection contains a manuscript copy of Meinke's book: Mountain troops and medics, wartime stories of a frontline surgeon in the U.S. Ski Troops (ca.1990s).
Includes telegram and correspondence from War Department notifying Emma Bischke Ricken of her husband's death and letter from Ricken to Albert Schaeffler. Photo album includes photos of Camp Hale, rock climbing, unidentified soldiers undergoing training, Cooper Hill, Leadville, inside tavern or bar, and rock climbing at Seneca, West Virginia.
Collection consists of approximately 200 letters from Smith to his parents from 1943-1946, including newspaper clippings, photographs and postcards. A letter from February 11, 1946 included a burned letter that had been in an airmail plane crash. Notes regarding content description of 185 letters were provided by Barbara Mason (Smith) Selby.
Collection contains a copy of Thompson's memoirs: A Military Journey - memoirs of Arthur F. Thompson as a 10th Mountain Division soldier in World War II (2013).
Includes 13 large photographs (copies) showing Camp Hale (Colorado) and Italy during World War II, one small photo of Pvt Haslam, correspondence, and a Bronze Star Medal citation (July 5, 1945).
Collection contains: photocopies of Wakefield's military records (1945, 1946); correspondence (1943, 1945, 1988).
Collection contains photocopies and transcripts of letters written to Crooke's parents (1945).
Collection includes scrapbook materials, change of address material, copies of photos and ephemera.
This collection contains materials from Charles W. Thweatt detailed his experiences and responsibilities in the 10th Mountain Division of the United States Army during World War II. Content includes military records, photographic prints, correspondence, and newspaper clippings collected during the war and later on in his life.
Collection contains Dorsch's honorable discharge; separation qualification record; military papers (1943-1946); copies of newspaper clippings (1944-1945); b/w photos of Camp Hale, South Pacific (1943-1945); Basic field manual and soldier's handbook (1941); A prayer book for soldiers and sailors by Church pension fund (1943).
Collection contains correspondence, biographical information, newspaper clippings, obituary, memorial tributes and photographs.
Collection contains memoir: My Father, Soldier (2016). Memoir based on information collected by son, Michael P. Peterson.
Collection contains undated copies of two memoirs by Hubbard: The Military Experience of a Cavalryman (17 pages); The Last Mounted Cavalry Pistol Charge (13 pages).
Collection includes copy of Forker's ski qualification scores (1943), correspondence of his recollections of the Italian Campaign (copies, 1989-2001), photographs of Company B 86th Regiment and training at Camp Hale (1943-1945), sketches of regimental crests, and a watercolor painting by Forker of the Camp Hale barracks and the view from hillside above the camp (1989), color photograph of Donald and Juanita Forker (ca.2000) .
Collection contains a scrapbook with an activities log for Company I of the 86th (February-March 1945), military papers, code of conversation, bulletins, photographs.
Collection contains a copy of Motley's memoir: Memoirs of Six Months by E. P. Motley.
Includes Redle photograph, rosters, notes, articles dealing with Company K, 85th Infantry Regiment (copies)
Includes correspondence, correspondence recollections about holidays (1944-1945) while serving as a Battle Casualty Officer in Italy (1945), military papers and ephemera, personal papers and scrapbook pages.
This collection contains memorabilia from Supply’s time in the United States Army at Camp Hale, Colorado. Content includes her United States Army documents, correspondence, photographic prints, newspaper clippings, and booklets.
Collection contains photocopies of correspondence from McGee to his family (1943-1945); photocopies and original photographs of McGee (1943); photocopies of military records (1943-1950); photocopy of letter from Ronald "Lefty" Sirois to Rosiland MacMillon (2003).
- Subject: Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. X
- Ski troops. 91
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. 80
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 57
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 51
- Personal papers 41
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 41
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- Archival resources. 25
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources 21
- Photographs 20
- Military records 17
- Memoirs 13
- Correspondence 10
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence 9
- Oral histories (document genres) 8
- Camp Carson (Colo.) -- Archival resources. 7
- Soldiers -- United States -- Biography. 7
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American 7
- Personal papers. 5
- Armies -- United States -- Officers -- Correspondence. 4
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- Archival resources 4 + ∧ less
- English 93
- German 2
- Japanese 2
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 26
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 15
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 14
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 8
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Archives. 8
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 7
- Contiguglia, Georgianna 4
- Contiguglia, Georgianna. 4
- United States -- Army -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 4
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 4
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources 4
- United States. Army. Mountain Engineer Battalion, 126th -- Archival resources. 4
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 3
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 3
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th. -- Archival resources. 3
- United States. Army. Field Artillery Battalion (Pack), 605th -- Archival resources. 2
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archives. 2
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th. 2
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archives. 2
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 2 + ∧ less