Showing Collections: 61 - 90 of 101
Collection contains copies of military papers, personal papers, news clippings, correspondence, photographs, cover of bible (1944-1945), Camp Swift memoir (1944).
Includes news clippings and notes for an article from The Independent Family Living, "A Veterans story: Martin Bockelmann, World War II Veteran."
Collection contains copies of Gross' letters (1945), emigration documents (1942), and personal property certificate (1945).
Collection contains original monthly reports from Clute to the commander of the 87th Infantry Regiment describing Red Cross services provided to the regiment from December 1944-June 1945 (12 pages); original and photocopies of original correspondence from Clute to his family from January-May 1945 (45 pages).
Photographs from Camp Hale and Italy, as well as information booklet from Camp Hale
Collection contains copies of correspondence (1940s, 1995, 1997-1999), photographs (1942-1943, n.d.) of training at Camp Hale, Colo., Fort Drum ceremony, mules, and training in the Columbia Ice Fields, Canada.
Collection contains research for her book: Soldiers of the mountain, the story of the 10th Mountain Division of World War II (2005); Dillon Snell memoir: Italy, 1944-45; correspondence; notes; articles; clippings. Photographs: 70 color transparencies (copies) primarily Italian campaign (1945), 4 color snapshots of Camp Hale (ca. 1944) and 11 black and white snapshots of Camp Hale (ca. 1944).
Discusses his background and skiing. At age 25 he started skiing seriously, entering tournaments, and winning a championship. He was drafted into the Army in June of 1941 and was stationed at Fort Lewis where he was assigned to teach officers how to ski. He taught men to ski at Camp Hale and in Michigan. He was an instructor for his entire time in the army and was discharged in December of 1945.
Includes 17 photographs of Italy, group shot of men drinking, Camp Hale, unit photos and reunions.
Ray Jarnstrom's Memoir "Music at Camp Hale" 190th Army Ground Force Band.
Collection contains photocopies of personal and death related correspondence; military forms regarding personal effects and burial (1943-1945).
Collection contains memoirs of Raymond W. Bishop and his wife, Madeline J. (Michaud) Bishop (1920-2010) regarding their lives and Raymond Bishop's time with the 10th Mountain Division (1920-1945); compact disc with digital scans of photographs taken by Bishop in Italy (1940-1945).
Color slides from Italy in Spring 1945, Italian currency, a religious card from the Vail Reunion of 1983, and correspondence between Hugh W. Evans, Reamer A. Bolz, and Denver Public Library staff member Barbara Walton.
Collection contains photographs of Colo. Ski Hall of Fame ceremony, statue at Fort Drum, NY, and Camp Hale, Colo. (1944, 1999, 2013), personal papers (1976), military records (1940s), ephemera, and magazine article (2010).
Collection contains biographical information and correspondence.
Collection contains military records, booklets and insignia, correspondence to and from family members, and photographs from training and time spent in Italy.
Collection contains scrapbook with newspaper clippings (ca.1945), photographs, picture post cards; email correspondence (re: acquisition of material through Ebay and fund raising efforts); photo album contains approximately 170 photographs and McFarren's commission as 1st Lieutenant.and graduation program (1944); additional loose photographs, correspondence, newspaper clippings, and separation papers.
Discusses working with engineering firms that were constructing ski lifts and working on the lifts at Camp Hale (a training camp for the 10th Mountain Division). He talks about various other projects and discusses the regulations that were established in the 1960s.
Collection contains military documents, photographs, ephemera, and a scrapbook relating to Barth's service with the 10th Mountain Division in WWII.
Collection contains three memoirs written by Robert M. Black: memoir written to his son regarding his experiences at Camp Hale, Camp Swift and Italy (n.d.), memoir about the "D" series at Camp Hale (n.d.), reunion article published by the Baton Rouge Advocate (1999).
Collection contains a 13 page typescript of Boyd's memoir about his time with the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale and Camp Swift: "War Diary of a Mountain Engineer" (1998).
Includes 10th Mountain Division War Memorial (booklet, 1959, with annotations, notes), 10th Infantry Division, [ca. 1944] (booklet, with annotations), Attack (booklet, Company 85-G attack on Hill 909 and Hill 762), Silk table cloth, with eagle design, lettered "Camp Hale, Colorado," and photograph album (52 pages of photographs, Camp Hale, Colorado; Camp Swift, Texas; Italy, various reunions). Also includes memorabilia, rosters, newspaper clippings (1943-2002).
The collection consists mainly of photographs taken by Leszko, but also includes slides, diary pages, separation papers, and newsletters. The photographs have been kept in the original subject groupings arranged by Leszko.
Collection contains biographical information, obituary (2013), photographs and slides (1943-2000), newsletters, reunion rosters, correspondence, clippings, ephemera.
- Subject: Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. X
- Ski troops. 91
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. 80
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 57
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 51
- Personal papers 41
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 41
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- Archival resources. 25
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources 21
- Photographs 20
- Military records 17
- Memoirs 13
- Correspondence 10
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence 9
- Oral histories (document genres) 8
- Camp Carson (Colo.) -- Archival resources. 7
- Soldiers -- United States -- Biography. 7
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American 7
- Personal papers. 5
- Armies -- United States -- Officers -- Correspondence. 4
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- Archival resources 4 + ∧ less
- English 93
- German 2
- Japanese 2
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 26
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 15
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 14
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 8
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Archives. 8
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 7
- Contiguglia, Georgianna 4
- Contiguglia, Georgianna. 4
- United States -- Army -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 4
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 4
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources 4
- United States. Army. Mountain Engineer Battalion, 126th -- Archival resources. 4
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 3
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 3
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th. -- Archival resources. 3
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) 2
- United States. Army. Field Artillery Battalion (Pack), 605th -- Archival resources. 2
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archives. 2
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th. 2
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archives. 2 + ∧ less