Showing Collections: 31 - 60 of 153
Dan L. Kennerly Papers
The collection contains a selection of correspondence, recollections (1998); photograph (1998), clippings (1998, 2003); military records (1945); oral history index (n.d.); diary (1945); pocket notebook (1945); copies of three memoirs written by Kennerly: "A brief history of the ski troops" (n.d.), "Belvedere the bloodying" (1945), and "War diary ..." (1945); audiocasette of Earl Clark and Dan Kennerly (n.d.).
David L. Ruffner Papers
The collection includes biographical information (1945, 1946); correspondence (1988).
David R. Brower Papers
The collection contains assorted newspaper clippings and a reprint of an article from the Sierra Club Bulletin: "Pursuit in the Alps" (1946).
DENIS P. NUNAN PAPERS
Donald B. Davol Papers
Collection contains approximately 200 letters sent by Davol during WWII (1943-1945).
E. Preble Motley Papers
Collection contains a copy of Motley's memoir: Memoirs of Six Months by E. P. Motley.
Earl R. Griffin Papers
Collection contains military service questionnaire (n.d.); Kiska invasion maps (1943); photographs of the Kiska occupation (1943), training at Mt. Rainier (1942), Camp Hale, Colo. (1943-1944).
Edgar E. Payne Papers
The materials include: correspondence (n.d.); manuscript by Payne: "Ed's War: 1939-1945" (2006).
Edward P. Kysar Papers
The collection contains a scrapbook containing copies of personal correspondence (1942-1945); 1 pen and ink drawing of military hats/caps (ca.1943).
Eldon C. Metzger Papers
Collection contains original family correspondence (1942-1945); photographs of Camp Hale and Camp Carson, Colo. (1940s); color photographs of Rome and Venice, Italy (ca.1946).
Eleanor Haack Papers
The collection contains 37 b/w photographs of the nursing and medical staff at Camp Hale, Colo., Camp Carson, Colo., in Leadville, Colo. and at the Mount of the Holy Cross (1944); overseas deployment (ca. 1944); and correspondence, general orders (1945) and commission certificate (1947). Almost all of the individuals in the photographs have been identified. There is also a CD-ROM containing all of the photographs included with the collection.
EUGENE S. HAMES PAPERS
Eugene T. Burke Papers
Includes correspondence, correspondence recollections about holidays (1944-1945) while serving as a Battle Casualty Officer in Italy (1945), military papers and ephemera, personal papers and scrapbook pages.
Floyd F. McGee Papers
Collection contains photocopies of correspondence from McGee to his family (1943-1945); photocopies and original photographs of McGee (1943); photocopies of military records (1943-1950); photocopy of letter from Ronald "Lefty" Sirois to Rosiland MacMillon (2003).
Forrest L. Foley Papers
Collection contains correspondence (1943-1945, 1990); photographs of Camp Hale, Colo., Italy, (1943-1945); clippings (1980-2001); military papers (1943-1945); funeral service program (2009); personal photographs (1943-1945); memories (CD-ROM, n.d.); books: This Damn Tree Leaks by Bill Mauldin and Score Book for U.S. Rifles (1942).
Francis "Bud" Lovett Papers
Collection contains correspondence, biography, resume, educational statement, newspaper clippings, photographs, resource center correspondence, and Irish documents (1970-2007). 16mm films (DVD copy) show locations: Glenwood Springs, Colo., Camp Hale, Colo., rock climbing school and mules; and contain individuals identified as Clint Boyd, Frank Bollers, Chuck Miller, Nelson Lofsted, Carl Maas, Francis Lovett, Clare Symonds, and Ray Franklin (ca.1943-1944).
FRED A. NAGEL PAPERS
Frederick C. Miller Papers
Collection contains Frederick Miller correspondence to his mother (1928-1944), Colo. map (1942), clippings (1942-1943), postcards (1942-1943), photographs (1942-1943).
Frederick K. Copeland Papers
Collection contains a copy of Copeland's memoir: Rick's Recollections: World War II, 10th Mountain Division 1943-1926 (2000); Journal-February-March 1944 Trip to Camp Hale, Colo. written by Copeland's parents (1944); family correspondence (1943-1946).
Friedl Pfeiffer Papers
The collection includes: biographical information compiled by David Miller (n.d.); clippings (ca.1980, n.d.); transcript of an interview with CBS Sunday Morning (1994).
Fritz Kaeser Papers
Collection contains 19 pencil sketches of Camp Hale and the Italian Campaign (1945), 5 V-mail letters with drawings (1945), photographs of the Italian Campaign (1945), flier for: A life in photography by Fritz Kaeser (n.d.).
Fritz L. Kramer Papers
GEORGE F. EARLE PAPERS
Gerald B. Cullinane Papers
Collection contains correspondence, letters of recommendation from National Ski Patrol; copies of military papers and photographs; memoir: From Student to Solider: My War Years 1941-1945.
Gordon A. Craig Papers
Items in the collection include copies of 15 black and white photographs (1943-1945); copy of a letter from William H. Cruickshank to Charles Craig about his father Gordon A. Craig (2002); biographical sketch by Charles Craig (2008).
Gordon H. Grayum Papers
The collection consists of a scrapbook of postcards, newspaper clippings, information on training at Camp Swift, Tex., actions of the 85th Mountain Infantry Regiment, Italian Campaign, and pin-up series of "Mountains of the Week" (1943-1945).
Gordon Stimson Papers
The collection contains the following biographical materials: articles, clippings related to Stimson's career as a mortgage banker (1969-1970); "Operation Mule" by Gordon Stimson (n.d.); "Gordon Stimson: Autobiographical Notes and Letters" (1999); 68 color slides depicting Kiska, Adak, Attu and Dutch Habor in the Aleutian Island with numerous soldiers of the 87th Mountain Infantry Regiment identified (n.d.).
H. Harper Kerr Papers
The collection contains Kerr's wartime scrapbook containing clippings, photographs and correspondence that had been compiled by his mother (1942-1945).
H. Robert Krear Papers
Collection contains copies of Krear's memoirs: Journal of a U.S. Army mountain ski trooper in World War II, Memoirs of field maneuvers at Camp Hale; correspondence, b/w photographs, military documents and booklets, menus, newspaper and magazine articles featuring Krear, and a Shield Bible Krear carried.
Hans A. Thompson Papers
The collection contains family correspondence (1943-1945); ephemera (1945, 1976-1984); annotated maps (n.d.); copy of U.S. Military History Institute Survey (1995).
- Ski troops. 146
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 146
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 131
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 110
- Camp Hale (Colo.) 98
- Correspondence 71
- Camp Swift (Tex.) 69
- Photographs 40
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. 37
- Military records 37
- Clippings (information artifacts) 33
- Personal papers 31
- Ephemera (general object genre) 25
- Memoirs 20
- Scrapbooks 19
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- Archival resources. 17
- Camp Carson (Colo.) 11
- Photographs. 9
- Personal papers. 8
- Copy prints 7 + ∧ less
- English 152
- German 4
- French 1
- Italian 1
- Japanese 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th. 36
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th. 33
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 32
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. 19
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 13
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 11
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 10
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 8
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 90th. 8
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th. 7
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 5
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 3
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 3
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 3
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources 2
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archives. 2
- United States. Army. Field Artillery Battalion, 605th. 2
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th. -- Archival resources. 2
- United States. Army. Mountain Engineer Battalion, 126th -- Archival resources. 2
- United States. ǂb Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 2 + ∧ less