Showing Collections: 61 - 90 of 190
Includes materials from the National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Camp Hale 50th Anniversary, Camp Hale project information, newspaper clippings, articles, manuscripts and sheet music.
Collection consists mainly of correspondence from Franklin Wirth Walker to Vera Mae (Foster) Walker during his service with the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colorado; Camp Swift, Texas; and in Italy. There are also letters from Vera to Franklin and to and from other family members and friends. One folder contains Franklin's life insurance certificate and Army salary allotment receipt, Vera's teaching contract and the couple's wedding announcement.
Collection contains Frederick Miller correspondence to his mother (1928-1944), Colo. map (1942), clippings (1942-1943), postcards (1942-1943), photographs (1942-1943).
Collection contains a copy of Copeland's memoir: Rick's Recollections: World War II, 10th Mountain Division 1943-1926 (2000); Journal-February-March 1944 Trip to Camp Hale, Colo. written by Copeland's parents (1944); family correspondence (1943-1946).
The collection includes: biographical information compiled by David Miller (n.d.); clippings (ca.1980, n.d.); transcript of an interview with CBS Sunday Morning (1994).
Collection contains 19 pencil sketches of Camp Hale and the Italian Campaign (1945), 5 V-mail letters with drawings (1945), photographs of the Italian Campaign (1945), flier for: A life in photography by Fritz Kaeser (n.d.).
Collection contains correspondence (1943-1945), a biographical sketch (n.d.), transcription of clippings regarding Dangman's artwork (n.d.), a photograph of Dangman (1944) and 19 wood block prints on Christmas cards by Dangman (1971-1988).
Collection contains correspondence, letters of recommendation from National Ski Patrol; copies of military papers and photographs; memoir: From Student to Solider: My War Years 1941-1945.
Items in the collection include copies of 15 black and white photographs (1943-1945); copy of a letter from William H. Cruickshank to Charles Craig about his father Gordon A. Craig (2002); biographical sketch by Charles Craig (2008).
The collection consists of a scrapbook of postcards, newspaper clippings, information on training at Camp Swift, Tex., actions of the 85th Mountain Infantry Regiment, Italian Campaign, and pin-up series of "Mountains of the Week" (1943-1945).
The collection contains the following biographical materials: articles, clippings related to Stimson's career as a mortgage banker (1969-1970); "Operation Mule" by Gordon Stimson (n.d.); "Gordon Stimson: Autobiographical Notes and Letters" (1999); 68 color slides depicting Kiska, Adak, Attu and Dutch Habor in the Aleutian Island with numerous soldiers of the 87th Mountain Infantry Regiment identified (n.d.).
The collection contains Kerr's wartime scrapbook containing clippings, photographs and correspondence that had been compiled by his mother (1942-1945).
Collection contains copies of Krear's memoirs: Journal of a U.S. Army mountain ski trooper in World War II, Memoirs of field maneuvers at Camp Hale; correspondence, b/w photographs, military documents and booklets, menus, newspaper and magazine articles featuring Krear, and a Shield Bible Krear carried.
The collection contains family correspondence (1943-1945); ephemera (1945, 1976-1984); annotated maps (n.d.); copy of U.S. Military History Institute Survey (1995).
The collection contains military papers (1943-1945); personal papers (1982); correspondence (1943-1945); and ephemera (1943).
Collection includes biography compiled by David L. Miller (ca.1990s), military papers (1944), rosters (1944), correspondence (1992), and copies of photographs (n.d.).
Collection contains Silver Star citations for men of the 10th Mountain Division (1945), correspondence (1945-1998), information requests related to Silver Star medals (1946-1998), discharge papers for various veterans (1946), newspaper clippings (1950s), and Coleman award ceremony, Fanano, Italy: photographs, clippings, correspondence (June 2012).
The collection contains military papers (1941-1945); copies of postcards (ca.1945).
Collection contains photographs of Camp Swift, Tex.; Gore Range, Colo.; Italy; Camp Hale, Colo.; Leadville, Colo. and 45 candid photographs of men, groups, training at Camp Hale (1943-1945). Additional ephemera includes a watercolor of mules (n.d.), general order, separation papers and travel tickets.
Collection contains wartime correspondence (V-Mail, postcards), correspondence regarding donation, meal ticket, menu, memoirs, citation, Army Hour (radio broadcast, script, copy, original) and newspaper clipping.
The collection contains a copy of Poschman's memoir: "The Birth and Death of the 10th Mountain" (1983), clippings (2004); and correspondence (n.d.).
The collection contains family correspondence (Mar. 1943-Dec. 1945); journal (Dec. 1944-Aug. 1945).
The collection contains correspondence (1943-1945, 1986, 1999); OCS Class #359 photo (1944); copies of photographs (1945) and a copy of Koch's memoir (1999, 2002); copy of The Damn Tree Leaks by cartoonist Bill Mauldin used as an autograph album by members of Company C, 86th Infantry Regiment (ca.1945).
- Ski troops. 176
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 153
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 146
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 117
- Camp Hale (Colo.) 114
- Camp Swift (Tex.) 81
- Correspondence 79
- Photographs 49
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. 45
- Military records 42
- Clippings (information artifacts) 38
- Personal papers 38
- Ephemera (general object genre) 26
- Scrapbooks 25
- Memoirs 20
- Photographs. 19
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- Archival resources. 17
- Correspondence. 14
- Camp Carson (Colo.) 12
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence 12 + ∧ less
- English 188
- German 4
- Japanese 2
- French 1
- Italian 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th. 38
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th. 35
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 33
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. 24
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th. 15
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 15
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 13
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 12
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 12
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 9
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 90th. 8
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 6
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 6
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 5
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 86th. 4
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 87th. 4
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources 4
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th. -- Archival resources. 4
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Archives. 3
- United States. Army. Mountain Engineer Battalion, 126th -- Archival resources. 3 + ∧ less