Showing Collections: 121 - 150 of 189
Leslie M. Curtis Papers
Collection contains the "day book" for Company E, 86th Infantry Regiment (April 1-July 1945) kept by Leslie M. Curtis, company clerk; correspondence from Mrs. Leslie M. (Mavis L.) Curtis explaining the significance of the day book (2009).
Lewis F. St. John Papers
Collection contains training certificate (Camp Roberts, Calif.); midget diary; This Damn Tree Leaks by Bill Mauldin (with hand-written notes); loose photographs; newspaper clippings; scrapbook (copies of photographs, newspaper clippings, discharge papers); V-mail; military forms; photograph album (picture post card views of Italy).
Lucian D. Warner Papers
The collection contains correspondence (1942-1943); photograph album with images of Camp Hale, Colo., Aspen, Colo., Fort Ord, Calif., Adak and Kiska, Alaska; 114 35mm slides of Kiska, Adak islands during the 1943 invasion, and Camp Hale, Colo.
Malcolm N. MacKenzie Papers
The collection includes poetry by Erling Omland, Laura Winter and Thurl Brown; film and interview transcripts; National Association correspondence, business papers and notes; History of the International Federation of Mountain Soldiers (draft by MacKenzie); Army Signal Corps photographs (1943-1945); newspaper clippings, reunion materials, reunion photographs (1990-2001) and other related ephemera.
Marcus Kletter Papers
Includes newspaper clippings; special order of the day (April 1945); birthday card (August 1944) and Program (Italian) Il Barbiere di Siviglia, Naples (ca 1945). Photo album and loose photos contain images of Camp Hale, ski training, 3rd platoon 85-G, individual sliders and portrait and images of Kletter.
Marion H. Fields Papers
Collection contains copies of military papers, personal papers, news clippings, correspondence, photographs, cover of bible (1944-1945), Camp Swift memoir (1944).
MARTIN L. "MARTY" DANEMAN PAPERS
MAX S. PETERS PAPERS
Maximilian Gross Papers
Collection contains copies of Gross' letters (1945), emigration documents (1942), and personal property certificate (1945).
Melville W. Borders Papers
The collection contains family correspondence (1944-1945); a copy of the article: "War & Remembrance-Mountain Man" (1993); a copy of Border's memoir: "King of the Mountain" (ca.1981); scrapbook assembled by Border's mother (1944-1945).
Nathan Morrell Papers
Collection contains copies of correspondence (1940s, 1995, 1997-1999), photographs (1942-1943, n.d.) of training at Camp Hale, Colo., Fort Drum ceremony, mules, and training in the Columbia Ice Fields, Canada.
Neal P. McKinstry Papers
The items in the collection include McKinstry's military records (1941-1953); photographs of the Italian Campaign (1945).
Norman C. Lindhjem Papers
The collection includes family correspondence (1941-1945); scrapbooks (n.d.); photograph albums of the Seneca Rocks training area (1943-1944), dedication of 10th Mountain Division Monument in Fort Drum, New York (October 4, 1991), army pictures; research materials and manuscripts for "History of the Studebaker Weasel" (n.d.) ; video tapes; audio cassette; memorabilia (1946-1993); newspaper clippings; notes; booklets regarding support of a perpetual world calendar (1994-1998).
Paul C. Turner Papers
The collection contains correspondence (1943); military papers (1943-1945).
Paul W. Clark Papers
The collection consists of a scrapbook with photographs of the Italy Reunion Tour (1969); Italian newspaper articles; photocopies of photographs. A second small book contains clippings and a copy of a short memoir: "Dear Arlene" (n.d.) written by Clark.
Peter A. Wick Papers
The collection contains personal correspondence (1942, 1945).
PHILIP H. STEVENS PAPERS
Ralph R. Bromaghin Papers
Letter from a Chaplain to the Bromaghin family (1945).
Ralph W. Hulbert Papers
The collection contains the following materials: newsclippings; ephemera; correspondence (1943-1979); personal and military papers (1943-1979).
Raymond F. Doiron Papers
Collection contains photocopies of personal and death related correspondence; military forms regarding personal effects and burial (1943-1945).
Richard J. Cooper Papers
The collection contains Cooper's military papers (1942-1945); related ephemera (ca.1940's); and a copy of his memoir: "Trooper Cooper's Nine Lives" (n.d.).
Richard M. Calvert Papers
The collection contains two scrapbooks: Scrapbook A (December 1942-May 1945) and Scrapbook B (May-November 1945). The scrapbooks document Calvert's experiences from his induction into the Army through his discharge. Items include photographs, letters, postcards, memorabilia, military papers, diary entries (April 14-May 2, 1945), clippings.
RICHARD M. WILSON PAPERS
Richard Schwarzchild Papers
Collection contains a copy of Schwarzchild's unpublished autobiography: Without fear of infamy (n.d.); Senator Robert Dole correspondence (1996). German military uniform patches, German and Italian currency, safe conduct passes and receipts for surrendered soldiers, ephemera, letter transcripts, AMS map (1944-1945).
ROBERT B. ELLIS PAPERS
Robert B. Martin Papers
Collection contains biographical information and correspondence.
Robert C. Westland Papers
Contains correspondence, personal papers, aerial photographs of Camp Hale, Colorado (1943).
Robert Donald Hansen Papers
Collection contains military records, booklets and insignia, correspondence to and from family members, and photographs from training and time spent in Italy.
Robert F. McFarren Papers
Collection contains scrapbook with newspaper clippings (ca.1945), photographs, picture post cards; email correspondence (re: acquisition of material through Ebay and fund raising efforts); photo album contains approximately 170 photographs and McFarren's commission as 1st Lieutenant.and graduation program (1944); additional loose photographs, correspondence, newspaper clippings, and separation papers.
Robert F. Ruane Papers
Collection contains pamphlets, law class photo, wedding card, fraternity ephemera, Camp Hale Christmas menu, correspondence, clippings, photographs, WWII German flag (autographed).
- Ski troops. 175
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 153
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 146
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 117
- Camp Hale (Colo.) 114
- Camp Swift (Tex.) 81
- Correspondence 79
- Photographs 49
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. 45
- Military records 42
- Clippings (information artifacts) 38
- Personal papers 38
- Ephemera (general object genre) 26
- Scrapbooks 24
- Memoirs 20
- Photographs. 19
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- Archival resources. 17
- Correspondence. 14
- Camp Carson (Colo.) 12
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence 11 + ∧ less
- English 187
- German 4
- Japanese 2
- French 1
- Italian 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th. 38
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th. 35
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 33
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. 24
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th. 15
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 15
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 13
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 12
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 12
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 9
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 90th. 8
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 6
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 6
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 5
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 86th. 4
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 87th. 4
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources 4
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Archives. 3
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th. -- Archival resources. 3
- United States. Army. Mountain Engineer Battalion, 126th -- Archival resources. 3 + ∧ less