Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 52
10TH MOUNTAIN DIVISION PERSONAL PAPERS
Aaron J. Schenck Papers
Content includes correspondence from Schenck to family members while at Camp Hale, Colorado; Camp Swift, Texas; and Italy. Also includes illustrations done by Schenck throughout, as well as collected souvenir postcards, newspaper clippings, photographs, Army documents, and other memorabilia. Schenck organized the collection contents chronologically into scrapbooks; this order has been preserved.
Alan V. Carlson papers
Collection contains military papers, meal ticket (1943); transportation pass; correspondence from Fort Bragg, Camp Hale, Camp Swift, V-Mail correspondence and Post War correspondence (1944-1946).
Albert A. Wiedorn Papers
Collection includes correspondence with family members and friends, photographs, post cards, manuscript of A Riflemanʹs Diary by Donald H. Montgomery (1996).
Albert H. Meinke, Jr. Papers
Collection contains a manuscript copy of Meinke's book: Mountain troops and medics, wartime stories of a frontline surgeon in the U.S. Ski Troops (ca.1990s).
Alfred Ricken Papers
Includes telegram and correspondence from War Department notifying Emma Bischke Ricken of her husband's death and letter from Ricken to Albert Schaeffler. Photo album includes photos of Camp Hale, rock climbing, unidentified soldiers undergoing training, Cooper Hill, Leadville, inside tavern or bar, and rock climbing at Seneca, West Virginia.
Anthony N. Smith Papers
Collection consists of approximately 200 letters from Smith to his parents from 1943-1946, including newspaper clippings, photographs and postcards. A letter from February 11, 1946 included a burned letter that had been in an airmail plane crash. Notes regarding content description of 185 letters were provided by Barbara Mason (Smith) Selby.
Ballard G.Busby Papers
Includes 13 large photographs (copies) showing Camp Hale (Colorado) and Italy during World War II, one small photo of Pvt Haslam, correspondence, and a Bronze Star Medal citation (July 5, 1945).
Bruce A. Wakefield Papers
Collection contains: photocopies of Wakefield's military records (1945, 1946); correspondence (1943, 1945, 1988).
Bruce B. Cooke Papers
Collection contains photocopies and transcripts of letters written to Crooke's parents (1945).
Charles C. Messler Papers
Collection includes scrapbook materials, change of address material, copies of photos and ephemera.
Clarence F. "Con" Dorsch Papers
Collection contains Dorsch's honorable discharge; separation qualification record; military papers (1943-1946); copies of newspaper clippings (1944-1945); b/w photos of Camp Hale, South Pacific (1943-1945); Basic field manual and soldier's handbook (1941); A prayer book for soldiers and sailors by Church pension fund (1943).
Donald M. Forker Papers
Collection includes copy of Forker's ski qualification scores (1943), correspondence of his recollections of the Italian Campaign (copies, 1989-2001), photographs of Company B 86th Regiment and training at Camp Hale (1943-1945), sketches of regimental crests, and a watercolor painting by Forker of the Camp Hale barracks and the view from hillside above the camp (1989), color photograph of Donald and Juanita Forker (ca.2000) .
E. Preble Motley Papers
Collection contains a copy of Motley's memoir: Memoirs of Six Months by E. P. Motley.
Eugene T. Burke Papers
Includes correspondence, correspondence recollections about holidays (1944-1945) while serving as a Battle Casualty Officer in Italy (1945), military papers and ephemera, personal papers and scrapbook pages.
Floyd F. McGee Papers
Collection contains photocopies of correspondence from McGee to his family (1943-1945); photocopies and original photographs of McGee (1943); photocopies of military records (1943-1950); photocopy of letter from Ronald "Lefty" Sirois to Rosiland MacMillon (2003).
Frank Romano Jr. Papers
Includes materials from the National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Camp Hale 50th Anniversary, Camp Hale project information, newspaper clippings, articles, manuscripts and sheet music.
Franklin Wirth Walker Papers
Collection consists mainly of correspondence from Franklin Wirth Walker to Vera Mae (Foster) Walker during his service with the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colorado; Camp Swift, Texas; and in Italy. There are also letters from Vera to Franklin and to and from other family members and friends. One folder contains Franklin's life insurance certificate and Army salary allotment receipt, Vera's teaching contract and the couple's wedding announcement.
George C. Dangman Papers
Collection contains correspondence (1943-1945), a biographical sketch (n.d.), transcription of clippings regarding Dangman's artwork (n.d.), a photograph of Dangman (1944) and 19 wood block prints on Christmas cards by Dangman (1971-1988).
Gerald B. Cullinane Papers
Collection contains correspondence, letters of recommendation from National Ski Patrol; copies of military papers and photographs; memoir: From Student to Solider: My War Years 1941-1945.
H. Robert Krear Papers
Collection contains copies of Krear's memoirs: Journal of a U.S. Army mountain ski trooper in World War II, Memoirs of field maneuvers at Camp Hale; correspondence, b/w photographs, military documents and booklets, menus, newspaper and magazine articles featuring Krear, and a Shield Bible Krear carried.
Hans H. Teichner Papers
Collection includes biography compiled by David L. Miller (ca.1990s), military papers (1944), rosters (1944), correspondence (1992), and copies of photographs (n.d.).
HAROLD J. "HAL" ALFORD PAPERS
HARRIS DUSENBERY PAPERS
Harrison Coleman Papers
Collection contains Silver Star citations for men of the 10th Mountain Division (1945), correspondence (1945-1998), information requests related to Silver Star medals (1946-1998), discharge papers for various veterans (1946), newspaper clippings (1950s), and Coleman award ceremony, Fanano, Italy: photographs, clippings, correspondence (June 2012).
Harry J. Reinig Papers
Collection contains wartime correspondence (V-Mail, postcards), correspondence regarding donation, meal ticket, menu, memoirs, citation, Army Hour (radio broadcast, script, copy, original) and newspaper clipping.
Hugh H. Bruner Papers
Collection contains obituary and memorials; copies of photographs; play script; citation; clippings; memoir; copy of journal; reports; correspondence, newsletter.
JACK R. SMOLENSKE PAPERS
James Gilronan Papers
Jesse Eugene Baker Papers
Collection contains National Association of the 10th Mountain Division materials: correspondence, reunion information, scholarship subcommittee notes, minutes, notes, chapter information, personal papers of other 10th Mountain members, brochures.
- Ski troops. 51
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. 45
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 41
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 37
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 32
- Personal papers 26
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- Archival resources. 17
- Military records 13
- Photographs 10
- Correspondence 9
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources 7
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence 6
- Camp Carson (Colo.) -- Archival resources. 5
- Personal papers. 5
- Armies -- United States -- Officers -- Correspondence. 4
- Memoirs 4
- Photographs. 4
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- Archival resources 3
- Letters (correspondence) 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American 3 + ∧ less
- German 1
- Japanese 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 13
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 11
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 6
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 6
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 5
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 4
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources 4
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 3
- United States -- Army -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 2
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Archives. 2
- United States. Army. Mountain Engineer Battalion, 126th -- Archival resources. 2
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 2
- Alford, Harold J. -- 1917-2009 -- Archives. 1
- Baker, Jesse E. (Jesse Eugene), 1919-2000 -- Archives. 1
- Baker, Jesse E. (Jesse Eugene), 1919-2000, 1
- Baker, Jesse E.(Jesse Eugene),1919-2000. 1
- Beatty, Wendy Wakefield. 1
- Benson, John, 1920- 1
- Benson, John, 1920- -- Archives. 1
- Benson, John,1920- 1 + ∧ less