Showing Collections: 31 - 60 of 166
Curtis L. Pfaff Papers
Collection contains personal correspondence from Curtis Pfaff (1943-1944).
Dan L. Kennerly Papers
The collection contains a selection of correspondence, recollections (1998); photograph (1998), clippings (1998, 2003); military records (1945); oral history index (n.d.); diary (1945); pocket notebook (1945); copies of three memoirs written by Kennerly: "A brief history of the ski troops" (n.d.), "Belvedere the bloodying" (1945), and "War diary ..." (1945); audiocasette of Earl Clark and Dan Kennerly (n.d.).
Daniel J. Muffoletto Papers
Collection contains copies of pages from Muffoletto's scrapbook: photographs, clippings, articles, citations, military orders.
David L. Ruffner Papers
The collection includes biographical information (1945, 1946); correspondence (1988).
David R. Brower Papers
The collection contains assorted newspaper clippings and a reprint of an article from the Sierra Club Bulletin: "Pursuit in the Alps" (1946).
Donald B. Davol Papers
Collection contains approximately 200 letters sent by Davol during WWII (1943-1945).
E. Preble Motley Papers
Collection contains a copy of Motley's memoir: Memoirs of Six Months by E. P. Motley.
Earl R. Griffin Papers
Collection contains military service questionnaire (n.d.); Kiska invasion maps (1943); photographs of the Kiska occupation (1943), training at Mt. Rainier (1942), Camp Hale, Colo. (1943-1944).
Edward D. McDonald Papers
Collection contains photocopies of memoir: No Japs at All by Edward D. McDonald (ca.1947); photocopy of a photograph of Edward McDonald (n.d.); photocopy of letter written to Richard Rocker by Mary McDonald (1948).
Edward P. Kysar Papers
The collection contains a scrapbook containing copies of personal correspondence (1942-1945); 1 pen and ink drawing of military hats/caps (ca.1943).
Erling O. Omland Papers
Collection contains copies of manuscripts, correspondence, publicity for Omland memoirs: Hill Echoes (1994-1997); copies of family correspondence (1943-1944); copies of clippings, roster lists, packing lists, ski scores (1943-1997), booklet of poems (1945-1995); photographs of Fort Drum Reunion (1998).
Ernest C. Plotecher Papers
Collection contains original correspondence between Plotecher and his family (1945); copy of honorable discharge papers (1945); copy of correspondence (2001), recollections of combat patrol by Bob Woody (2001).
Eugene P. Winters Papers
Collection contains a scrapbook (1941-ca.1945) with photographs, correspondence, clippings; hand written letter with information about Company G, 87th Infantry Regiment (April 2001).
EUGENE S. HAMES PAPERS
Eugene T. Burke Papers
Includes correspondence, correspondence recollections about holidays (1944-1945) while serving as a Battle Casualty Officer in Italy (1945), military papers and ephemera, personal papers and scrapbook pages.
Floyd F. McGee Papers
Collection contains photocopies of correspondence from McGee to his family (1943-1945); photocopies and original photographs of McGee (1943); photocopies of military records (1943-1950); photocopy of letter from Ronald "Lefty" Sirois to Rosiland MacMillon (2003).
Forrest L. Foley Papers
Collection contains correspondence (1943-1945, 1990); photographs of Camp Hale, Colo., Italy, (1943-1945); clippings (1980-2001); military papers (1943-1945); funeral service program (2009); personal photographs (1943-1945); memories (CD-ROM, n.d.); books: This Damn Tree Leaks by Bill Mauldin and Score Book for U.S. Rifles (1942).
Franklin Wirth Walker Papers
Collection consists mainly of correspondence from Franklin Wirth Walker to Vera Mae (Foster) Walker during his service with the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colorado; Camp Swift, Texas; and in Italy. There are also letters from Vera to Franklin and to and from other family members and friends. One folder contains Franklin's life insurance certificate and Army salary allotment receipt, Vera's teaching contract and the couple's wedding announcement.
FRED A. NAGEL PAPERS
Frederick K. Copeland Papers
Collection contains a copy of Copeland's memoir: Rick's Recollections: World War II, 10th Mountain Division 1943-1926 (2000); Journal-February-March 1944 Trip to Camp Hale, Colo. written by Copeland's parents (1944); family correspondence (1943-1946).
Friedl Pfeiffer Papers
The collection includes: biographical information compiled by David Miller (n.d.); clippings (ca.1980, n.d.); transcript of an interview with CBS Sunday Morning (1994).
Fritz L. Kramer Papers
George D. Firman Papers
Collection contains copy of Firman's memoir: "K Co. 87th Mtn. Inf. Reg." describing the invasion of Kiska Island; correspondence; photographs of Camp Roberts, Kiska Island, Italy.
George S. Sisneros Papers
Collection contains copy of correspondence (1945); copy of letter from Rosemary to George Sisneros (1995); postcard of Italy and newspaper clippings (1945); copy of Order of Erwin Conklin (1945).
Gerald B. Cullinane Papers
Collection contains correspondence, letters of recommendation from National Ski Patrol; copies of military papers and photographs; memoir: From Student to Solider: My War Years 1941-1945.
Gerald Q. Nash Papers
Collection contains photocopies of correspondence between Gerald Nash and his parents (1945); Nash family genealogy (n.d.).
Glenn E. Haynes Memoir
Collection contains a copy of the Haynes memoir: My war experience (n.d.)
Gordon H. Grayum Papers
The collection consists of a scrapbook of postcards, newspaper clippings, information on training at Camp Swift, Tex., actions of the 85th Mountain Infantry Regiment, Italian Campaign, and pin-up series of "Mountains of the Week" (1943-1945).
Gordon Stimson Papers
The collection contains the following biographical materials: articles, clippings related to Stimson's career as a mortgage banker (1969-1970); "Operation Mule" by Gordon Stimson (n.d.); "Gordon Stimson: Autobiographical Notes and Letters" (1999); 68 color slides depicting Kiska, Adak, Attu and Dutch Habor in the Aleutian Island with numerous soldiers of the 87th Mountain Infantry Regiment identified (n.d.).
H. Harper Kerr Papers
The collection contains Kerr's wartime scrapbook containing clippings, photographs and correspondence that had been compiled by his mother (1942-1945).
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 163
- Ski troops. 160
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 149
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 148
- Camp Hale (Colo.) 78
- Correspondence 65
- Camp Swift (Tex.) 62
- Personal papers 55
- Photographs 47
- Military records 34
- Clippings (information artifacts) 31
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. 30
- Memoirs 25
- Scrapbooks 23
- Ephemera (general object genre) 21
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- Archival resources. 18
- Photographs. 10
- Camp Carson (Colo.) 9
- Armies -- United States -- Officers -- Correspondence. 6
- Personal papers. 6 + ∧ less
- German 5
- Italian 3
- French 1
- Japanese 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th. 30
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th. 29
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 29
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. 19
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 19
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 16
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 15
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 10
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 90th. 7
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th. 6
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 5
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 4
- United States. Army. Mountain Engineer Battalion, 126th -- Archival resources. 4
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 3
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 3
- United States. Army. Field Artillery Battalion, 604th -- Archival resources. 3
- United States -- Army -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 2
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 2
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources 2
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th Quartermaster Battalion -- Archival resources. 2 + ∧ less