Showing Collections: 91 - 120 of 166
Joseph Goldberg Papers
Collection contains military documents and awards, as well as a scrapbook of newspaper clippings, photographs, telegrams, postcards and booklets collected by Goldberg while in the Army.
Judson P. Hurd Papers
Collection contains correspondence (1944-1945), unit journal (1944-1945), clippings, menu, photograph of Hurd (1945).
Keith J. Kvam Papers
The collection includes family and condolence related correspondence (1943-1945); Kvam's military records and personal papers (1943-1946); photographs (n.d.); notes, papers, drafts and a copy of Kvam's biography: "My Brother Keith: A Remembrance" by Audrey Wendland (ca. 1998).
Kenneth S. Templeton Jr. Papers
The collection includes correspondence (1943-1946, 1950); papers related to the publication of his father's book (1945-1946).
Kenyon K. Cooke Papers
The collection includes correspondence (1994) and a copy of Cooke's memoirs: "Memories of C Company 85 Mtn. Inf. in Action" edited by John Imbrie (ca. 1945).
LaVern O. Trepp Papers
The collection contains family correspondence (1940-1945); ephemera (1945); payroll documents (1945); correspondence (1999).
Lawrence E. Harter Papers
Collection contains military papers (1943-1944), photographs (1944), correspondence (1943, n.d.), veterans bonus pamphlet (1948).
Lawrence S. Brown Papers
The collection contains assorted clippings (n.d.); correspondence (1943-1944, 1974); photographs (1943-1989); and other related ephemera (n.d.).
Leon C. Wilmot Papers
The collection includes a selection of photographs related to 10th Mountain Division training operations at Camp Hale, Colo. (ca. 1943-1944); 10th Mountain Division Memorial pamphlet (1959); correspondence (1977); newspaper clippings; correspondence (1977); "We were Ski Soldiers of World War II: Our Story in Verse" by C. K. "Charlie" Moore (1986).
Leonard K. Eaton Papers
Collection contains correspondence, army related ephemera (ca.1945); copy of Eaton's memoir: Experiences of medical personnel in the field" (2000).
Leroy A. Lewis Papers
Leslie M. Curtis Papers
Collection contains the "day book" for Company E, 86th Infantry Regiment (April 1-July 1945) kept by Leslie M. Curtis, company clerk; correspondence from Mrs. Leslie M. (Mavis L.) Curtis explaining the significance of the day book (2009).
Lester E. Harris Papers
Collection contains family correspondence (1944-1945); military records (1943, 1945), ephemera: Italian lira currency, soldier's sewing kit, Germany Army wound badge (ca.1940s); publications: Remount Blue: The Combat Story of the Third Battalion, 86th Mountain Infantry by David Brower (1948), The Truth about Trooper by Barbara Steinhauser (1998); photographs and postcards (ca.1945).
Lucian D. Warner Papers
The collection contains correspondence (1942-1943); photograph album with images of Camp Hale, Colo., Aspen, Colo., Fort Ord, Calif., Adak and Kiska, Alaska; 114 35mm slides of Kiska, Adak islands during the 1943 invasion, and Camp Hale, Colo.
Lyle B. Bryner Papers
Collection contains photocopy of a letter written to Lyle Bryner to Dewey Anderson's grandson describing the attack on Mt. Belvedere (4 pages). Dewey D. Anderson (1926-1985) was a member of Company A of the 86th Infantry Regiment. He received the Bronze Star Medal for his actions at Gulandi on March 5, 1945, and was then wounded in action the following day.
Marcus Kletter Papers
Includes newspaper clippings; special order of the day (April 1945); birthday card (August 1944) and Program (Italian) Il Barbiere di Siviglia, Naples (ca 1945). Photo album and loose photos contain images of Camp Hale, ski training, 3rd platoon 85-G, individual sliders and portrait and images of Kletter.
Marion H. Fields Papers
Collection contains copies of military papers, personal papers, news clippings, correspondence, photographs, cover of bible (1944-1945), Camp Swift memoir (1944).
Marlin Weinberg Papers
Collection contains copy of a 4-part, handwritten account by Weinberg of the activities of 3rd section, 3rd platoon (81mm mortars), Company D, 1st Battalion, 85th Infantry Regiment during the Italian campaign (1945); copies of 5 letters written between Weinberg and his parents (April-November 1945).
Melville W. Borders Papers
The collection contains family correspondence (1944-1945); a copy of the article: "War & Remembrance-Mountain Man" (1993); a copy of Border's memoir: "King of the Mountain" (ca.1981); scrapbook assembled by Border's mother (1944-1945).
Melvin R. Mailloux Papers
Collection contains photocopy of correspondence by Mailloux describing the last months of WWII in Italy and honoring his friend, Tim Evans (1999); magazine article (1945).
Nathan Morrell Papers
Collection contains copies of correspondence (1940s, 1995, 1997-1999), photographs (1942-1943, n.d.) of training at Camp Hale, Colo., Fort Drum ceremony, mules, and training in the Columbia Ice Fields, Canada.
Neal P. McKinstry Papers
The items in the collection include McKinstry's military records (1941-1953); photographs of the Italian Campaign (1945).
Norman C. Lindhjem Papers
The collection includes family correspondence (1941-1945); scrapbooks (n.d.); photograph albums of the Seneca Rocks training area (1943-1944), dedication of 10th Mountain Division Monument in Fort Drum, New York (October 4, 1991), army pictures; research materials and manuscripts for "History of the Studebaker Weasel" (n.d.) ; video tapes; audio cassette; memorabilia (1946-1993); newspaper clippings; notes; booklets regarding support of a perpetual world calendar (1994-1998).
Paul C. Turner Papers
The collection contains correspondence (1943); military papers (1943-1945).
Paul W. Clark Papers
The collection consists of a scrapbook with photographs of the Italy Reunion Tour (1969); Italian newspaper articles; photocopies of photographs. A second small book contains clippings and a copy of a short memoir: "Dear Arlene" (n.d.) written by Clark.
Peter A. Wick Papers
The collection contains personal correspondence (1942, 1945).
PHILIP H. STEVENS PAPERS
Ralph R. Bromaghin Papers
Letter from a Chaplain to the Bromaghin family (1945).
Ralph W. Hulbert Papers
The collection contains the following materials: newsclippings; ephemera; correspondence (1943-1979); personal and military papers (1943-1979).
Raymond C. Richardson Papers
Collection contains copies of letter (1943) detailing the friendly fire shooting of Coporal Jack Ingstrom on Kiska Island; copy of Silver Star Medal order (1945); photograph of Jack Ingstrom's helmet (1945).
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 163
- Ski troops. 160
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 149
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 148
- Camp Hale (Colo.) 78
- Correspondence 65
- Camp Swift (Tex.) 62
- Personal papers 55
- Photographs 47
- Military records 34
- Clippings (information artifacts) 31
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. 30
- Memoirs 25
- Scrapbooks 23
- Ephemera (general object genre) 21
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- Archival resources. 18
- Photographs. 10
- Camp Carson (Colo.) 9
- Armies -- United States -- Officers -- Correspondence. 6
- Personal papers. 6 + ∧ less
- German 5
- Italian 3
- French 1
- Japanese 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th. 30
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th. 29
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 29
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. 19
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 19
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 16
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 15
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 10
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 90th. 7
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th. 6
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 5
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 4
- United States. Army. Mountain Engineer Battalion, 126th -- Archival resources. 4
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 3
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 3
- United States. Army. Field Artillery Battalion, 604th -- Archival resources. 3
- United States -- Army -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 2
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 2
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources 2
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th Quartermaster Battalion -- Archival resources. 2 + ∧ less