Showing Collections: 511 - 540 of 1087
Isabella L. Bird Letters to Henrietta Bird, October 19-December 4, 1873
Collection contains letters from Isabella L. Bird, Colo. to her sister Henrietta in Scotland concern her Colorado experiences.
Isabella M. Steck Letter to W. Newton
Collection contains a letter from Isabella M. Steck, Denver, Colo. to W. Newton, Denver, Colo.; discusses her father's efforts in liquor laws and women's suffrage.
Isham Robertson Howze Papers
Collection includes letterbook (1880-1888) and ledger (1877-1886). Diary (1856-1857) of an older Isham Robertson Howze, relationship unknown, which was written in Tennessee. Also minutes and documents (1913-1920) for the Partriotic Order Sons of America.
J. A. Phillebaum Papers
Letter written by J. A. Phillebaum from the Nebraska Ranch in Colorado Territory, dated November 11, 1862 . The letter discusses the weather (blinding and heavy snow), stampede of horses, and personal feelings for "Mary".
J. B. McClure Letter
Five and a half page letter written to Mr. and Mrs. J.E. McClure, parents of J.B. McClure, contains a description of J.B. McClure's climb up Pikes Peak and his view of life in Colorado Springs, Colo. (1873).
J. Bevier Sturtevant Letters
Miscellaneous correspondence concerning illustrations.
J. C. Davidson Letter to His Wife, February 27, 1862
Collection contains a letter from J. C. Davidson to his wife; he writes about his journey in Colorado Feb. 23-27, 1862 as well as personal and family matters.
J. E. Freeman Letter Book
Collection contains a letter book; many letters concern promotion of investment in Gunnison County, Colo. mining claims.
J. Elmer Block Letter
Collection contains a portion of a letter telling of an incident in his youth involving Tom Horn and an attempt on the life of a neighboring rancher.
J. Harry Wikane Papers
Collection contains photocopies of photographs, newspaper clippings, Japanese propaganda leaflets, hand-drawn maps, and correspondence collected by Wikane.
J. J. Delaney Letters
Collection contains correspondence with officials of the U.S. Farm Credit Administration concerning controversy with Federal Land Bank of Wichita, Kan. over real estate in Kit Carson County, Colo. at Bethune.
J. Kroy Ostergaard Papers
The collection contains a scrapbook compiled for Ostergaard by his family containing newspaper clippings, correspondence, ephemera (1945-1946).
J. R. Elgan Letters and Telegrams
Collection contains two letters and two telegrams to John T. Fitzpatrick, Charleston, Mass. concerning Fitzpatrick's possible employment in Elgan's firm. Also one letter of recommendation.
J. ROBERT WELCH PAPERS
J. S. Brown Mercantile Company Records
Collection contains ledgers and loose ledger pages, minute books, correspondence, articles of incorporation, stock certificates, bond receipts, newsletters, branch reports, photographs, purchase orders, salesman instruction booklets related to the following companies: J. S. Brown Mercantile Co., Shields-Morley Mercantile Co., Shields-Metzler Mercantile Co.
J. T. Norton Letter to Mr. Farley
Collection contains a letter from Norton to Mr. Farley describing 1906 San Francisco earthquakes and fires.
J. WARREN BROWN PAPERS
J. Wittenmyer Letter to George S. Babcock
Hand-written letter to George S. Babcock, Niles, Michigan, dated April 9, 1848, from J. Wittenmyer, Cordova, Mexico. Letter postmarked Vera Cruz.
Jack A. Weil Papers
Collection contains an assortment of personal, financial, and real estate related documents.
Jack Blue Theatrical Agency Records
Collection contains company correspondence (1939-1959), event photographs (n.d.), licenses (1936-1939), Pantages Theatre Programs, 1924-1925, Vancouver, B.C. (n.d.); programs (1937-1983), clippings (1937-1970), Glenn W. Frazee Shriner records (1952), ephemera.
JACK R. SMOLENSKE PAPERS
Jack W. Mitchell Papers
Collection contains photocopies of correspondence, propaganda flyer and photographs (1943-1945).
Jackson B. Roynon Papers
Roynon's scrapbook contains his military and personal papers, including selective service papers (1943); discharge papers (1945); Italian Campaign materials (1945); clippings; correspondence; German military medal.
Jacob Pollack Papers
Collection contains copy of correspondence explaining how five of his brothers also served in the Army (2001); The Pollack Journal: typescript compilation of correspondence between the Pollack brothers and their parents (August-November 1944); correspondence from 6th grade class to Jacob Pollack (2001); photograph of Jacob and Sophie Pollack (n.d.).
Jacob R. Nunnemacher Papers
The collection contains family correspondence (1943-1945); a pamphlet on Camp Hale, Colo. (n.d.); memoir written by his wife, Jean Lindemann: "Another Perspective - An Untold Story" (2001).
James B. Pond Correspondence
Collection contains three letters to Charles R. Dudley, librarian of the Mercantile Library of the Chamber of Commerce, two letters and contract with Roger W. Woodbury, chairman of the library committee, regarding appearance of Charles Dickens Jr. in Denver, Colo. on April 27 & 30, 1888. Additional letter to Mr. Dudley regarding March 3, 1891 lecture of Henry M. Stanley.
JAMES B. THOMPSON PAPERS
James Bland Papers
Last page of a letter [189-] written on U.S. Post Office, Bland, Colo. stationery. Copies of Bland's birth and marriage certificates (certified copies Feb. 1963 from General Register Office, Somerset House, London).
James Boswell Letter to Andrew Gibb
Collection contains a signed, handwritten letter from London by James Boswell to Andrew Gibb; hand-written unsigned reply from Gibb to Boswell drafted on verso. Boswell portrait painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds, engraved by E. Finden.
James D. Denning Letters to Family
Handwritten letters by Denning to his family during overland trip from Pittsburgh to California; includes description of trip to Estes Park, Colorado.
- Letters (correspondence) 409
- Ski troops. 264
- Correspondence 241
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 234
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 216
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 163
- Photographs 131
- Letters (Correspondence) 127
- Camp Hale (Colo.) 114
- Personal papers 106
- Best books. 95
- Correspondence. 93
- Children's libraries -- Colorado -- Denver -- Book lists. 92
- Camp Swift (Tex.) 91
- Clippings (information artifacts) 74
- Military records 66
- Photographs. 66
- Scrapbooks 53
- Ephemera (general object genre) 51
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. 45 + ∧ less
- English 900
- German 7
- Spanish; Castilian 5
- French 4
- Italian 4
- Arapaho 2
- Japanese 2
- Apache languages 1
- Dakota 1
- North American Indian languages 1
- Undetermined 1
- Wakashan languages 1
- Zuni 1 + ∧ less
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th. 41
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 41
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th. 39
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 30
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. 29
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) 27
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 27
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 26
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 21
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th. 18
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 12
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 8
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 90th. 8
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources 7
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 7
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 6
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th. -- Archival resources. 6
- United States -- Army -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 5
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 87th. 5
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Archives. 5 + ∧ less