Showing Collections: 151 - 180 of 1078
Collection contains letters from Cecelia Watson Colaw, Wichita, Kan. to the Denver Public Library concerning Theodora Kroeber, a Colorado-born author, her genealogy and writings.
Collection contains approximately 50 letters from son Jesse sent to live in Salida, Colo. for health reasons (Aug. 1911-June 1913). For a time, Jesse lived with a cousin, Myron Hill, and family and worked for Globe Express Company at D. & R.G. rail station. Also approximately 20 letters (1911-1929) from the Myron Hill family in Salida to the Charles Coe family in Toledo. Part of this time, Hill was a partner at Hill Brothers, a mail-order business.
Collection contains a Japanese letter copying book (1881 October 27-1882 August 5) with copies of letters from Dewar to other Yellowstone division engineers concerning railroad construction. Letters posted from the Montana Territory. This portion of collection also available on microfilm (C MSS Mflm110).
Collectionn contains photocopies of manuscript letters from Bent in Taos, N.M. to Alvarez in Santa Fe, N.M. concerning business affairs and protection of U.S. citizens in New Mexico.
Collection includes scrapbook materials, change of address material, copies of photos and ephemera.
Collection contains personal correspondence, ephemera from Hunt to his parents (1943-1945); daily devotional book (1943); copy of memoir: Memories - Thoughts - Experiences of World War II (n.d.); inventory of items donated (1995, 1998).
Collection contains articles on the legend of the Two Little Springs, and on the headwaters of the Republican River. Also a letter on the Shields family from Bell Homan Yount.
Collection contains promissory note (1871); correspondence (1886); birth and baptismal records from Switzerland(?), in German, for the children of Joseph and Hannah Dannacher(?), residents of Dearborn County, Ind. (1847).
The collection includes Cochran's military records and clothing inventories (1943-1945) and correspondence (1943-1945).
Collection contains letters written from Fishback writing from Salida and Gunnison, Colo. to C. F. Brady, Denver Times, Denver, Colo. regarding accounts of Times subscribers and his own financial difficulties. One letter from Salida describes going to a gambling house, being robbed, and then arrested for obtaining money under false pretenses.
The collection contains correspondence (1944); ephemera and memorabilia (ca.1945); military records (1944-1945).
Collection contains a diary documenting Hinman's overland journey from near Peoria, Ill. to Cali. (1849) with a few entries on prospecting for gold (1850); also records of expenses (1849-1851); diary was also used by Hinman's daughter, Helen "Nellie" Whitcomb Hinman (1844-1920) for German school exercises (1862); microfilm (Mflm44) contains diary as well as a few letters from Hinman to his wife, Sarah Hosley Whitcomb Hinman (1816-1877).
Letters concern McIntyre's mining business and are written mainly from London, England and Denver, Colo.
The collection contains correspondence and other materials related to Webb's recruitment to the Mountain Troops (1942).
Collection contains "List of Children's Books too Good to Miss" created by Denver (Colo.) Public Library; preferences indicated and signed by Finger.
Collection contains a "List of Children's Books too Good to Miss" created by Denver (Colo.) Public Library; preferences cited and signed by King.
Collection contains correspondence regarding application for a patent on an irrigation water governor developed by Charles Sawyer and Calvin Miller.
Contains correspondence, copies of pencil drawings by Charles Wallmo depicting life in the 10th Mountain Division and scenes from Italy, photographs (sculptures, military life) and training certificates.
Collection contains newspaper clippings related to Engle's death (1945), correspondence and general order concering the posthumous award of the Bronze Star (1945), b/w photos and negatives of Engle at training camp (ca.1944).
Collection contains two letters from von Dassel, Berlin, Germany to the Department of Western History and Genealogy, Denver Public Library; she writes about herself, her father, and other members of the Richthofen family.
Collection contains original family correspondence with transcripts (1845-1921), marriage announcement (1923), newspaper clippings (1889), obituaries (1839, 1889, 1905), digital copies of family photographs. CD-ROM contains additional documents and photographs.
Collection contains: C.H. Oakes' scrapbook (1869-1887), sheet music: Lillian Lee (1883), music manuscript: Then You'll Remember Me (n.d.); copy of sheet music: "Helen's Waltz Dream" printed by W.H. Oakes, N.Y.C. (n.d.); clippings (1890s-1910), American Legion roster (1926), correspondence (1940).
Collection contains original letter from Major General J. A. Ulio to the American Alpine Club in N.Y. soliciting help in enlisting qualified mountaineers for the Army's 10th Mountain Division, May 29, 1942 (1 page).
- Letters (correspondence) 409
- Ski troops. 259
- Correspondence 238
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 233
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 216
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 160
- Photographs 128
- Letters (Correspondence) 127
- Camp Hale (Colo.) 114
- Personal papers 101
- Best books. 95
- Correspondence. 93
- Children's libraries -- Colorado -- Denver -- Book lists. 92
- Camp Swift (Tex.) 91
- Clippings (information artifacts) 74
- Photographs. 65
- Military records 64
- Scrapbooks 53
- Ephemera (general object genre) 50
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. 45 + ∧ less
- English 861
- German 7
- Spanish; Castilian 5
- French 4
- Italian 4
- Arapaho 2
- Japanese 2
- Apache languages 1
- Dakota 1
- North American Indian languages 1
- Undetermined 1
- Wakashan languages 1
- Zuni 1 + ∧ less
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th. 41
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 41
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th. 39
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 30
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. 29
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) 27
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 26
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 26
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 21
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th. 18
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 12
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 8
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 90th. 8
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 7
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 6
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources 6
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 87th. 5
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Archives. 5
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th. -- Archival resources. 5
- United States -- Army -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 4 + ∧ less