Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Collection consists of approximately 200 letters from Smith to his parents from 1943-1946, including newspaper clippings, photographs and postcards. A letter from February 11, 1946 included a burned letter that had been in an airmail plane crash. Notes regarding content description of 185 letters were provided by Barbara Mason (Smith) Selby.
Collection consists mainly of correspondence from Franklin Wirth Walker to Vera Mae (Foster) Walker during his service with the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colorado; Camp Swift, Texas; and in Italy. There are also letters from Vera to Franklin and to and from other family members and friends. One folder contains Franklin's life insurance certificate and Army salary allotment receipt, Vera's teaching contract and the couple's wedding announcement.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources 1
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. 1
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Personal narratives, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1934 -- Personal narratives, American. 1
- Smith, Anthony N., 1914-2008 1
- Smith, Anthony N., 1914-2008 -- Archives 1
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 1
- United States. ǂb Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 1
- Walker, Franklin Wirth, 1923-1945 1