Showing Collections: 61 - 90 of 217
Erling O. Omland Papers
Collection contains copies of manuscripts, correspondence, publicity for Omland memoirs: Hill Echoes (1994-1997); copies of family correspondence (1943-1944); copies of clippings, roster lists, packing lists, ski scores (1943-1997), booklet of poems (1945-1995); photographs of Fort Drum Reunion (1998).
Eugene Cervi Papers
The collection contains, personal and business correspondence; speeches; editorials, articles, operational papers from Cervi's Rocky Mountain Journal; research subject files; family history; scrapbooks of Mary Clare Cervi and Marie Cervi; Cervi's newsletters; photographs; CD-ROM of speeches (1965-1971).
EUGENE FIELD PAPERS
Eugene P. Winters Papers
Collection contains a scrapbook (1941-ca.1945) with photographs, correspondence, clippings; hand written letter with information about Company G, 87th Infantry Regiment (April 2001).
EUGENE S. HAMES PAPERS
Evan Lincoln Jenkins Papers
Collection contains photocopies of the following items:: letters written by Vance's grandfather, Evan Lincoln Jenkins (1951); newspaper article on Jenkins' 50th wedding anniversary (1934?); series of letters by Jenkins published in The Fairbury Journal (Neb.) (n.d.); photograph of Eli Barry Vance (grandfather) taken at Green Mountain Falls, Colo. (1943).
Evelyn Supply Papers
This collection contains memorabilia from Supply’s time in the United States Army at Camp Hale, Colorado. Content includes her United States Army documents, correspondence, photographic prints, newspaper clippings, and booklets.
FARRINGTON R. CARPENTER FAMILY PAPERS
Forrest L. Foley Papers
Collection contains correspondence (1943-1945, 1990); photographs of Camp Hale, Colo., Italy, (1943-1945); clippings (1980-2001); military papers (1943-1945); funeral service program (2009); personal photographs (1943-1945); memories (CD-ROM, n.d.); books: This Damn Tree Leaks by Bill Mauldin and Score Book for U.S. Rifles (1942).
Francis "Bud" Lovett Papers
Collection contains correspondence, biography, resume, educational statement, newspaper clippings, photographs, resource center correspondence, and Irish documents (1970-2007). 16mm films (DVD copy) show locations: Glenwood Springs, Colo., Camp Hale, Colo., rock climbing school and mules; and contain individuals identified as Clint Boyd, Frank Bollers, Chuck Miller, Nelson Lofsted, Carl Maas, Francis Lovett, Clare Symonds, and Ray Franklin (ca.1943-1944).
Fred Payne Clatworthy Papers
Collection contains photo copies of 57 transcripts of letters Clatworthy wrote to his parents and sister in Evanston, Ill. during a photographic expedition by bicycle, foot and burro through Colo., N.M., Arizona, Calif. during June 20, 1898-June 16, 1899; photo copy of holographic letter June 25, 1898 (2 pages); photo copy of newspaper accounts of expedition (6 pages); 3 photographs of Odessa Lake & Outlet, Grand Lake at Sunrise, Fern Lake (ca.1920s).
Frederick C. Miller Papers
Collection contains Frederick Miller correspondence to his mother (1928-1944), Colo. map (1942), clippings (1942-1943), postcards (1942-1943), photographs (1942-1943).
Fritz Andrew Nagel Papers
Correspondence (1912-1919), chiefly Nagel's letters to his parents in Denver while he was with American Expeditionary Force in France. Also service record and photo (1917-1919); later autobiographical sketch (1968).
Fritz Kaeser Papers
Collection contains 19 pencil sketches of Camp Hale and the Italian Campaign (1945), 5 V-mail letters with drawings (1945), photographs of the Italian Campaign (1945), flier for: A life in photography by Fritz Kaeser (n.d.).
Fritz L. Kramer Papers
Fuller Family Papers
Collection contains correspondence from Lucius Fuller to daughter Marian, family photographs, biographies, Marian's financial investment material, estate documents and personal papers.
GEORGE D. BEGOLE PAPERS
George D. Firman Papers
Collection contains copy of Firman's memoir: "K Co. 87th Mtn. Inf. Reg." describing the invasion of Kiska Island; correspondence; photographs of Camp Roberts, Kiska Island, Italy.
GEORGE E. CRANMER PAPERS
George E. Thiede photograph album
Collection contains an album with photographs of the North Star mine and boarding house once located in the town of Yankee Hill, Gilpin County, Colo. (1908-1922); additional photographs document the Rocky Mountain News jeep caravan from Idaho Springs, Colo. over Yankee Hill to Central City (August 28, 1954), included are images of the North Star Mine and boarding house (1954); clippings on Edward C. Thiede and the Thiede family of Golden, Colo. (1954-1963), correspondence, ephemera.
GEORGE ELBERT BURR PAPERS & ARTWORK
George M. Wallace Papers
Awards and plaques; pilot's license, manuals, guides, logbooks; family photographs; baby book of Robert Wallace (son); scrapbooks of correspondence, clippings, newsletters, photographs concern Denver (Colo.) Technological Center, Arapahoe County (Colo.) Airport; Denver Water Bonds; Aviation Hall of Fame and trips to South America, Europe.
GERALD KOPEL PAPERS
Good Shepherd Lutheran Church Records
Collection contains membership records (1947-1951), bulletins, photographs, correspondence.
H. Harper Kerr Papers
The collection contains Kerr's wartime scrapbook containing clippings, photographs and correspondence that had been compiled by his mother (1942-1945).
H. NEWCOMB "NEWC" ELDREDGE PAPERS
H. Robert Krear Papers
Collection contains copies of Krear's memoirs: Journal of a U.S. Army mountain ski trooper in World War II, Memoirs of field maneuvers at Camp Hale; correspondence, b/w photographs, military documents and booklets, menus, newspaper and magazine articles featuring Krear, and a Shield Bible Krear carried.
HAL HANEY PAPERS
Hans H. Teichner Papers
Collection includes biography compiled by David L. Miller (ca.1990s), military papers (1944), rosters (1944), correspondence (1992), and copies of photographs (n.d.).
Harold Marion Dunning Papers
The collection includes correspondence, scrapbooks, draft of manuscripts and a large selection of negatives and photographic images. Also included with the collection are the papers and records of Charles Edwin Hewes (Poet of the Rockies) and William Austin Hamilton Loveland (Colo. pioneer); Larimer County School District Records (1868-1908); St. Vrain Ski Lift, Inc.; and various Loveland (Colo.) topics.
- Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy 215
- Denver Public Library, Blair-Caldwell African American Research Library 2
- Photographs 133
- Ski troops. 94
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 81
- Correspondence 71
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 69
- Photographs. 66
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 60
- Correspondence. 52
- Camp Hale (Colo.) 42
- Personal papers 40
- Camp Swift (Tex.) 33
- Clippings (information artifacts) 32
- Military records 28
- Letters (correspondence) 27
- Personal papers. 22
- Scrapbooks 22
- Clippings (information artifacts). 20
- Ephemera (general object genre) 20
- Scrapbooks. 17
- Ephemera. 16 + ∧ less
- English 191
- French 2
- German 2
- Japanese 2
- Spanish; Castilian 2
- Italian 1
- Undetermined 1 + ∧ less
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. 14
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 14
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 13
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th. 12
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 11
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th. 11
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 9
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th. 9
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 7
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 6
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) 5
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources 5
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 87th. 4
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 4
- United States. Army. Mountain Engineer Battalion, 126th -- Archival resources. 4
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 90th. 4
- United States. -- Army. -- 87th Mountain Infantry Regiment-- Archival resources. 3
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 3
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th Quartermaster Battalion -- Archival resources. 3
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 3 + ∧ less