Showing Collections: 211 - 240 of 1078
Letters to the Public Library of the City of Denver, Colo. regarding availability and price of various publications. Letter, 1904 Sept. 16, Rochester, N.Y. signed: Susan B. Anthony (honorary president). Letter, 1906 Apr. 26, Warren, Ohio signed: Harriet Taylor Upton (treasurer).
Correspondence with officials of his veterans' organizations regarding a proposed memorial on the Colorado State Capitol grounds. Correspondence with Sons of the Revolution Society also regards Hunter's expulsion from the organization over this issue.
Letter to Denver Chamber of Commerce; dated April 6, 1949.
Handwritten letters to Caroline Bancroft regarding the George E. Randolph House in Central City, Colorado.
Correspondence from D. L. Clow regarding burial place of King and letter from King regarding Buffalo Bill Cody.
Letter to Milton W. Callon regarding school founded by Sisters of Loretto, at Mora, N. M., named the Convent of the Annunciation.
Letters from two U.S. Indian agents regarding participation of Indian delegations in the T.M.A.A. celebration. Correspondents: William H. Llewellyn, Mescalero & Jicarilla Agency, South Fork, N.M.; and D.M. Riordan, Navajo Agency, Ft. Defiance, Ariz.
Chiefly letters from North in Columbus, Neb. to historian J.G. Masters in Omaha concerning Indian scouts, campaigns, and personalities. One letter to Clarence Reckmeyer in Black Hawk, Colo. tells about Nick Creede who apparently served with the Pawnee Scouts under the name Billy Harvey.
Letter to Ogden in Englewood, Colo. from unidentified resident of Breckenridge, Colo. about Breckenridge businessman John Kleinfelter who made charms and stickpins from native gold; handwritten account of bicycle trip over Agentine Pass, including b&w image.
Letters written to Sarah E. Stanley, Chicago, describing her stay in Pueblo, Colo.
Reminisces about growing up in Denver, Colo. during 1890s. His father, Edward L. Kelly was a Denver bookseller (Stone & Locke 1891-1895; Kelly & Westling 1895-1899)
Letter to Strong from unidentified correspondent in Boulder, Colo. describes vacation trip in Colorado, with visits to Pueblo, Canon City, Royal Gorge, Salida, Sargents, White Pine, Leadville, Buena Vista, Denver. Written on Brainard's Hotel stationery.
Handwritten, signed letter from Reverend Cortlandt Whitehead dated January 20, 1868. The content of the letter is written to an unknown clergyman assigned to Cheyenne, Wyo. inviting him to visit in Black Hawk in the following Spring or Summer. Whitehead briefly mentions Bishop [George Maxwell] Randall and other similar churches and clergymen nearby at Nevada City (Reverend J. Byrne) and Central City (Reverend A. B. Jennings).
Collection contains letters from Cooper sent from New York City to Miss Scott and Mr. Wyer, Denver (Colo.) Public Library regarding "List of Children's Books too Good to Miss" list created by DPL and signed by Cooper.
Collection contains two letter books with correspondence (copies of ca. 1300 letters) of business and personal nature. Some earlier letters (Jan. 12-Mar. 29, 1900) signed by N. P. Hill.
The collection contains the following materials: correspondence (1945); military papers (1946-1948); memorabilia, maps, military ephemera (ca. 1945); pamphlets, manuals (ca. 1944); scrapbook with photographs (1943-1945).
Collection contains 22 loose leaf pages with identified b/w prints taken during the making of a training movie at Paradise on Mt. Rainier, Wash.; letter of commendation to personnel of the 10th Light Division regarding the training movie; letter from Krieser to his father (1944).
Collection contains personal correspondence from Curtis Pfaff (1943-1944).
Collection contains bBusiness and personal correspondence, expense accounts for Richardson's ranch in Aurora, Colo., payroll, receipts and invoices from John Mouat Lumber Co., record of marriages recorded by O.H. Whittier, J.P. (10/1/1871 - 9/17/1873).
Collection contains "List of Children's Books too Good to Miss" created by Denver (Colo.) Public Library; preferences cited and signed by Curtis.
Collection contains several confidential telegrams from Gov. Pitkin in Denver to Gen. Cook in Leadville, June 1880, concerning Cook's command of state forces to preserve peace and protect property during a miners' strike. Other items: correspondence, certificates of appointment, special order regarding the Militia during inauguration of John L. Routt as governor of Colorado 1876.
Includes over 100 years of family correspondence from love letters to war correspondence, materials related to the Great Western Sugar Company lawsuit, family photographs, newspaper clippings, diaries, programs, greeting cards, legal materials, genealogy information, military materials, Erie High School materials and correspondence from a family member that worked for the Japanese Internment camp in Amache, Colo.
The collection contains a selection of correspondence, recollections (1998); photograph (1998), clippings (1998, 2003); military records (1945); oral history index (n.d.); diary (1945); pocket notebook (1945); copies of three memoirs written by Kennerly: "A brief history of the ski troops" (n.d.), "Belvedere the bloodying" (1945), and "War diary ..." (1945); audiocasette of Earl Clark and Dan Kennerly (n.d.).
Collection contains correspondence and business records: including a document appointing Ritchey as justice of the peace for Jefferson County, Territory of Jefferson, signed by R.W. Steele, Governor (1861); three account books 1869-1870 from Millard, Beymer & Co., lumber dealers in Corning, Iowa.
Collection contains "List of Children's Books too Good to Miss" created by Denver (Colo.) Public Library; preferences cited and signed by Beard.
Collection contains copies of pages from Muffoletto's scrapbook: photographs, clippings, articles, citations, military orders.
Letter to daughter tells of hard times in Denver City, other family concerns.
Collection contains a letter from David Boyd to Dr. Jesse Hawes; letter discusses current Colorado politics (including women's suffrage) and politicians (notably E.O. Wolcott, E.B. Felker) and mentions status of the appropriation for the State Normal School.
- Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy 1075
- Denver Public Library, Blair-Caldwell African American Research Library 3
- Letters (correspondence) 406
- Ski troops. 258
- Correspondence 238
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 233
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 216
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 160
- Letters (Correspondence) 129
- Photographs 129
- Camp Hale (Colo.) 114
- Personal papers 101
- Best books. 95
- Correspondence. 94
- Children's libraries -- Colorado -- Denver -- Book lists. 92
- Camp Swift (Tex.) 91
- Clippings (information artifacts) 73
- Photographs. 65
- Military records 63
- Scrapbooks 53
- Ephemera (general object genre) 50
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. 45 + ∧ less
- English 852
- German 7
- Spanish; Castilian 5
- French 4
- Italian 4
- Arapaho 2
- Japanese 2
- Apache languages 1
- Dakota 1
- North American Indian languages 1
- Undetermined 1
- Wakashan languages 1
- Zuni 1 + ∧ less
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th. 41
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 41
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th. 39
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 30
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. 29
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) 27
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 26
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 25
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 21
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th. 18
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 12
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 8
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 90th. 8
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 7
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 6
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 87th. 5
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources 5
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Archives. 5
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th. -- Archival resources. 5
- United States -- Army -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 4 + ∧ less