Showing Collections: 151 - 180 of 249
The collection contains correspondence from the relatives of the soldiers commanded by Snyder who had been killed at the Lake Garda tragedy (1945); notes from field artillery school (n.d.).
The collection includes a selection of photographs related to 10th Mountain Division training operations at Camp Hale, Colo. (ca. 1943-1944); 10th Mountain Division Memorial pamphlet (1959); correspondence (1977); newspaper clippings; correspondence (1977); "We were Ski Soldiers of World War II: Our Story in Verse" by C. K. "Charlie" Moore (1986).
Collection contains correspondence, army related ephemera (ca.1945); copy of Eaton's memoir: Experiences of medical personnel in the field" (2000).
The collection contains correspondence between Billings and his family (1943-1945).
Collection contains family correspondence (1944-1945); military records (1943, 1945), ephemera: Italian lira currency, soldier's sewing kit, Germany Army wound badge (ca.1940s); publications: Remount Blue: The Combat Story of the Third Battalion, 86th Mountain Infantry by David Brower (1948), The Truth about Trooper by Barbara Steinhauser (1998); photographs and postcards (ca.1945).
Collection contains training certificate (Camp Roberts, Calif.); midget diary; This Damn Tree Leaks by Bill Mauldin (with hand-written notes); loose photographs; newspaper clippings; scrapbook (copies of photographs, newspaper clippings, discharge papers); V-mail; military forms; photograph album (picture post card views of Italy).
The collection contains correspondence (1942-1943); photograph album with images of Camp Hale, Colo., Aspen, Colo., Fort Ord, Calif., Adak and Kiska, Alaska; 114 35mm slides of Kiska, Adak islands during the 1943 invasion, and Camp Hale, Colo.
Collection contains photocopy of a letter written to Lyle Bryner to Dewey Anderson's grandson describing the attack on Mt. Belvedere (4 pages). Dewey D. Anderson (1926-1985) was a member of Company A of the 86th Infantry Regiment. He received the Bronze Star Medal for his actions at Gulandi on March 5, 1945, and was then wounded in action the following day.
Includes newspaper clippings; special order of the day (April 1945); birthday card (August 1944) and Program (Italian) Il Barbiere di Siviglia, Naples (ca 1945). Photo album and loose photos contain images of Camp Hale, ski training, 3rd platoon 85-G, individual sliders and portrait and images of Kletter.
Collection contains copy of a 4-part, handwritten account by Weinberg of the activities of 3rd section, 3rd platoon (81mm mortars), Company D, 1st Battalion, 85th Infantry Regiment during the Italian campaign (1945); copies of 5 letters written between Weinberg and his parents (April-November 1945).
The collection contains correspondence (1945); military records and personal papers (1945-1947); map with notations (ca.1945); and a memoir: "1st Platoon, Co. D, 85 Mtn. Inf. Reg., 10th Mtn. Div." (1991).
Collection contains copies of Gross' letters (1945), emigration documents (1942), and personal property certificate (1945).
The collection contains family correspondence (1944-1945); a copy of the article: "War & Remembrance-Mountain Man" (1993); a copy of Border's memoir: "King of the Mountain" (ca.1981); scrapbook assembled by Border's mother (1944-1945).
Collection contains photocopy of correspondence by Mailloux describing the last months of WWII in Italy and honoring his friend, Tim Evans (1999); magazine article (1945).
Collection contains copies of correspondence (1940s, 1995, 1997-1999), photographs (1942-1943, n.d.) of training at Camp Hale, Colo., Fort Drum ceremony, mules, and training in the Columbia Ice Fields, Canada.
The items in the collection include McKinstry's military records (1941-1953); photographs of the Italian Campaign (1945).
The collection includes family correspondence (1941-1945); scrapbooks (n.d.); photograph albums of the Seneca Rocks training area (1943-1944), dedication of 10th Mountain Division Monument in Fort Drum, New York (October 4, 1991), army pictures; research materials and manuscripts for "History of the Studebaker Weasel" (n.d.) ; video tapes; audio cassette; memorabilia (1946-1993); newspaper clippings; notes; booklets regarding support of a perpetual world calendar (1994-1998).
Collection contains military correspondence, orders, rosters (1943-1945).
Collection contains 17 b/w photographic prints (ca.1942-1945); newspaper clipping (1945); Purple Heart and Bronze Star medals (1945); correspondence (1940s); 1 CD-Rom of photographs documenting La Mere's life (n.d.); manuscript of: In Memory, 1st Lieutenant Oliver J. La Mere: A Soldiers Biography by Charles Chouinard (2010); photographs of Fort Riley, Kan. (1933-1944), Fort Meade, S.D. (1942), family and friends (1940s).
Letter from Chaplain Forest R. Stickler to Guy Carey (father of Oscar Carey) regarding the death in combat of Oscar Carey April 8, 1945, newspaper clippings and Unit photograph (with Carey identified), Company C, Third Infantry Training Regiment, Camp Robinson, Arkansas (1944).
The collection contains correspondence (1943); military papers (1943-1945).
The collection consists of a scrapbook with photographs of the Italy Reunion Tour (1969); Italian newspaper articles; photocopies of photographs. A second small book contains clippings and a copy of a short memoir: "Dear Arlene" (n.d.) written by Clark.
The collection contains personal correspondence (1942, 1945).
Letter from a Chaplain to the Bromaghin family (1945).
The collection contains the following materials: newsclippings; ephemera; correspondence (1943-1979); personal and military papers (1943-1979).
Collection contains copies of letter (1943) detailing the friendly fire shooting of Coporal Jack Ingstrom on Kiska Island; copy of Silver Star Medal order (1945); photograph of Jack Ingstrom's helmet (1945).
Collection contains photocopies of personal and death related correspondence; military forms regarding personal effects and burial (1943-1945).
Copies of Billi's wartime correspondence printed in memorial publication (1945).
- Ski troops. 240
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 223
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 188
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 151
- Camp Hale (Colo.) 99
- Correspondence 92
- Camp Swift (Tex.) 80
- Personal papers 74
- Photographs 67
- Military records 52
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. 39
- Clippings (information artifacts) 36
- Ephemera (general object genre) 28
- Memoirs 28
- Scrapbooks 27
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence 21
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- Archival resources. 18
- Photographs. 18
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American 15
- Camp Carson (Colo.) 12 + ∧ less
- English 248
- German 4
- Italian 2
- French 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th. 38
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th. 37
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 34
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 28
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 27
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 25
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. 20
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 15
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th. 12
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 9
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources 7
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 6
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th. -- Archival resources. 6
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 90th. 6
- United States -- Army -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 5
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 5
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 5
- United States. Army. Mountain Engineer Battalion, 126th -- Archival resources. 4
- United States. -- Army. -- 87th Mountain Infantry Regiment-- Archival resources. 3
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 86th. 3 + ∧ less