Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE The collection contains correspondence Brockman sent to various family members during World War II. Limited examples of Brockman's World War II military papers and memorabilia, as well as numerous Camp Hale photographs complete the collection. SERIES 1 PAPERS 1943-1998 BOX 1 World War II correspondence sent by Brockman to various family members comprises the bulk of the series, which also includes limited post-war correspondence received by...
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE Arnold C. Holeywell's World War II correspondence, along with his World War II sketches and watercolors, make up a significant portion of this collection, which spans 1943 through 1997. Additional materials document Holeywell's active participation in the 10th Mountain Division Alumni Association and the National Association of the 10th Mountain Division. SERIES 1 WORLD WAR II 1943-1945 BOX 1 Letters Holeywell wrote to his mother make up the...
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE The Deborah Bankart Eddy collection consists primarily of correspondence to and from her family and friends during the time she served overseas with the Red Cross; Red Cross memorabilia; memorabilia from the National Ski Association and John Jay film productions; German, American , and Red Cross uniform patches and pins; miscellaneous pamphlets and newspaper clippings; photographs and a scrapbook.The Roger Eddy collection (formerly M1868 Roger Eddy papers) that was merged with...
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE Correspondence between Dusenbery and his wife, Evelyn, which spans October 1943 to August 1945, comprises the bulk of the collection. Limited correspondence between Dusenbery and his parents is also included. The collection contains numerous memoirs and reminiscences written by Dusenbery. A scrapbook, created by Evelyn Dusenbery, primarily includes newspaper clippings. Aerial reconnaissance photographs of Mount Belvedere and combat operations maps also form part of the...
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE The collection spans 1943 to 1997 and includes a scrapbook, photo album, correspondence and limited memorabilia that document Tommaney's World War II service with the 10th Mountain Division and his post war activities as a member of the National Association of the 10th Mountain Division. SERIES 1 WORLD WAR II 1943-1945 BOX 1 The series contains a scrapbook originally created by John Tommaney's mother, Mrs. Thomas Tommaney. The scrapbook's...
Collection contains military documents and awards, as well as a scrapbook of newspaper clippings, photographs, telegrams, postcards and booklets collected by Goldberg while in the Army.
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE The collection spans 1943 to 1999. Max Peters' World War II letters to his sweetheart and future wife, Laurnell Stevens, make up the bulk of the collection. Scrapbook pages and limited photographs also document various 10th Mountain Division veterans' activities from the 1960s to the 1990s. Material is arranged chronologically. SERIES 1 CORRESPONDENCE 1943-1999 BOX 1 Letters written by Max Peters to his sweetheart and wife, Laurnell Stevens,...
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE Correspondence relating to the formation and early activities of the Military Mountaineering Advisory Group, which was established in the fall of 1982 by the National Association's of the 10th Mountain Division's Executive Committee to promote the continued training of mountain troops within the current military establishment, comprises the bulk of the collection. Military Mountaineering Advisory Group reference materials, limited photographs and family papers also form a portion of the...
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE The collection spans 1942 to 1998. Copies and transcriptions of letters sent by Ellis to his mother form the bulk of the collection. Included with the letters are copies of military orders and other materials that were enclosed with the original letters. A transcription of Ellis' war diary is also included. Book reviews of Ellis' 1996 memoir See Naples and Die and an article critical of fellow 10th Mountain Division veteran and presidential...
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE Burdell S. Winter's correspondence to and from family members during World War II comprises the bulk of the collection. Limited correspondence related toother family members is also included. Biographical material includes newspaper clippings, press releases, military records, letters of recommendation and insurance forms related to his combat death during the 10th Mountain Division's Italian Campaign. Limited photographs document Winter's youthful athletic activities and his military...
- Ski troops. 9
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 9
- Personal papers. 5
- Photographs. 5
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. 4
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 4
- Military records 3
- Camp Hale (Colo.) 2
- Scrapbooks. 2
- Camp Carson (Colo.) -- Archival resources. 1
- Camp Hale (Colo.) ǂx Archival resources. 1
- Camp Hale (Colo.). 1
- Camp Swift (Tex.) 1
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- Archival resources. 1
- Camp Swift (Tex.)-- Archival resources. 1
- Clippings (information artifacts). 1
- Correspondence. 1
- Ephemera. 1
- Genealogies. 1 + ∧ less
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 5
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 4
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 3
- Bankart family -- Photographs. 1
- Brockman, Albert N., -- 1924-1998 -- Archives. 1
- Eddy family -- Photographs. 1
- Eddy, Deborah B., -- 1918-2004 -- Archives. 1
- Eddy, Roger W., -- 1920-2003 -- Archives. 1
- Ellis, Robert B., -- 1924- -- Archives. 1
- Holeywell, Arnold C., ǂd 1923-2010 ǂv Archives. 1
- National Ski Association of America -- Archival resources. 1
- Peters, Max S., -- 1920- -- Archives. 1
- Stevens, Philip H., -- 1924- -- Archives. 1
- Tommaney, John J., -- 1920-1998 -- Archives. 1
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 86th. 1
- Winter, Burdell S., -- 1925-1945 -- Archives. 1 + ∧ less