Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 239
The collection contains biographical information and genealogy (n.d.); post-war correspondence (1997-2003); 10th Mountain Division related photographs of the Memorial Highway (Calif.), War Memorial (Tenn.), and vehicle license plates (1997, n.d.).
Content includes correspondence from Schenck to family members while at Camp Hale, Colorado; Camp Swift, Texas; and Italy. Also includes illustrations done by Schenck throughout, as well as collected souvenir postcards, newspaper clippings, photographs, Army documents, and other memorabilia. Schenck organized the collection contents chronologically into scrapbooks; this order has been preserved.
Collection contains military papers, meal ticket (1943); transportation pass; correspondence from Fort Bragg, Camp Hale, Camp Swift, V-Mail correspondence and Post War correspondence (1944-1946).
Collection includes correspondence with family members and friends, photographs, post cards, manuscript of A Riflemanʹs Diary by Donald H. Montgomery (1996).
Collection contains correspondence about Field's recollections of the war and copies of his newsletter.
Collection contains a manuscript copy of Meinke's book: Mountain troops and medics, wartime stories of a frontline surgeon in the U.S. Ski Troops (ca.1990s).
Collection contains blueprints from machine shops located inside the tunnels near Lake Garda (1944), Fiat factory time card (1945), train schedule (1945), correspondence; military records (1943-1945), booklet, photographs (1945).
The collection contains correspondence (1943-1944, 1945, 1968-1997); military records (1943-1945); annotated maps of Italy (ca.1945); Photographs of Camp Hale, Colo. reunion (1987), military training (1943-1945).
The collection contains family related correspondence (1943-1945, 1946) and ephemera (n.d.).
Collection consists of approximately 200 letters from Smith to his parents from 1943-1946, including newspaper clippings, photographs and postcards. A letter from February 11, 1946 included a burned letter that had been in an airmail plane crash. Notes regarding content description of 185 letters were provided by Barbara Mason (Smith) Selby.
Collection contains Giovanni's war journal (1945), military records, postcards (1945), photographs (1943-1945).
Collection contains photocopies of correspondence believed to have been written by Glidden written between July 18 - November 18, 1943 (65 pages).
Includes 13 large photographs (copies) showing Camp Hale (Colorado) and Italy during World War II, one small photo of Pvt Haslam, correspondence, and a Bronze Star Medal citation (July 5, 1945).
The collection contains family correspondence (1944-1946); biographical materials (n.d.).
The collection spans December 24, 1944 to March 29, 1945 and includes letters between Murphy and his wife, Yvette. Also included are letters between Murphy and his sister-in-law, Rheita Turgeon. Murphy began sending letters home just two days after his arrival in Italy. His first letters describe his impressions of Italy. Later letters provide numerous details and observations about his life on the front lines, his brief hospitalization and his short assignment to a rest camp.
Collection includes loose photos, 126th Engineers reunion (September 1994), a photograph album, 126th Engineers reunions (1994, 1996) and a letter from Seaman to his parents (May 16, 1945), three photo albums (1992-1994).
Collection contains: photocopies of Wakefield's military records (1945, 1946); correspondence (1943, 1945, 1988).
Collection contains photocopies and transcripts of letters written to Crooke's parents (1945).
Collection contains newspaper clippings, obituaries (1995), copies of photographs (1949, 1950), manuscript copy of Time and Tide: Reflections on the Strange Journey of Old Age by Smith (1992), correspondence regarding Smith's death (1995).
Included in the collection are Kerekes' military records from office candidate school (1944) and a copy of his memoir: "Recollections - Ski Troops at War" (2000).
Collection contains: CD-Rom with copies, pictures and documents used for My Life in the Mountain Troops oral history (n.d.); soldiers handbooks (1943-1945).
The collection contains copies of three memoirs written by Cochran: "A Staff Sergeant's View of Mt. Belvedere" (ca.1997); "Kiska: The Biggest Dry Run of the Ski Trooper Clan" (ca.19970; "In the North Apennines of Italy, Winter 1945" (ca.1997); and copies of twenty photographs dating from 1943-1944.
- Ski troops. 230
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 222
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 188
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 147
- Camp Hale (Colo.) 99
- Correspondence 91
- Camp Swift (Tex.) 80
- Personal papers 65
- Photographs 62
- Military records 50
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. 39
- Clippings (information artifacts) 36
- Ephemera (general object genre) 28
- Memoirs 28
- Scrapbooks 26
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- Archival resources. 18
- Photographs. 17
- Camp Carson (Colo.) 12
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence 12
- Correspondence. 10 + ∧ less
- English 237
- German 4
- Italian 2
- French 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th. 38
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th. 37
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 34
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 27
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 26
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 24
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. 20
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 15
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th. 12
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 9
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 90th. 6
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 5
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources 5
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 5
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 5
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th. -- Archival resources. 4
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) 3
- United States -- Army -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 3
- United States. -- Army. -- 87th Mountain Infantry Regiment-- Archival resources. 3
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 86th. 3 + ∧ less